Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should I build the Kronen?

(PSN)CaptainIMalik

Question

11 answers to this question

28 minutes ago, (Xbox One)CFE Jackipanda said:

For Mastery, yes. But don't invest too much time into it. Not really the greatest of melee weapons. 

Quoted straight from the wiki.

I am expecting an apolagy.

Edited by AlphaPHENIX

It's better than the basic Skana, but LOTS of stuff is. The main reason you'd want to build the Kronen is to try out Tonfas and see if you actually like their stances and mechanics, since while the other tonfas are way the hell better for those who like their attributes, they're very time- and resource-intensive to craft or buy.

Personally, I can't recommend a melee that you don't have a stance for unless you were just going to quick-melee or slide attack with it, and the ones you most likely do have stances for at this point (machete, dual daggers, fists) are kinda garbage in general except for one or two in the middle of the middle tier, plus there's the variable of clan research you may or may not have access to.

I forget what specifically unlocks when you beat which boss, and I'm not accounting for stances which, while not commonly dropped, can still be farmed, so you could also get stances for nearly anything if you don't already have them. You might have even lucked out and found Crimson Dervish, but I suspect that if you had you'd be asking about better longswords.

Granted, all the tonfas have great slide-attack damage, so the Kronen does make a good filler weapon until you have the mods, materials, and stance for something less 1-note.

3 hours ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

Quoted straight from the wiki.

I am expecting an apolagy.

?