Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dear DE, what direction do you want to take Volt? Help us with Feedback

Before any of you say, "I am fine with how Volt currently is", okay that's fine but that's not what the point of this thread. Nor am I talking about improving him. But rather an aspect of feedback I would like DE to help with. 

As far as I'm aware, there are two sides of the spectrum. The first side of the spectrum is they're completely fine about Volt being a CC frame and the other side is that they want him to meet his description in end game. 

But the thing is, while many are happy with how Volt is and many with how Volt isn't, who should DE listen to? What path does DE want to stick or want to take? They still have yet to change his description so maybe that means there is hope or maybe there isn't. 

What kind of feedback do you want in this aspect? If I say, Volt does not meet his description of high damaging and being an alternative to gunplay because so and so... is that the kind of feedback you want? Or is DE themselves completely fine with Volt not being damaging? 

I personally would like this long silence to break. 

~Thoughts~

It might help to like this post

Edited by (PS4)CaptainIMalik

functionally, Volt is a very good frame that brings a lot to the table: he can speed up sluggish allies, he can CC and he can defend things fairly well with his shield. he suits both aggressive and defensive roles. his description is what's wrong. an alternate version:

"Volt harnesses the power of electricity to devastating effect, using it to boost his allies and overwhelm his enemies."

Just now, (PS4)CaptainIMalik said:

On the subject of change. What did you think of Volt before the end game switch?

I've always loved Volt, he was my starter and now Volt prime alone has over 300 hours on him. I've always been fond of him, and now he's at the right place apart from his 1 being a tiny bit lackluster, although I love having the cc while reloading.

Just now, -Shikari- said:

I've always loved Volt, he was my starter and now Volt prime alone has over 300 hours on him. I've always been fond of him, and now he's at the right place apart from his 1 being a tiny bit lackluster, although I love having the cc while reloading.

Although none of this really relates to the point of thread. I'll continue.

What did you think of Volt when he was damaging at earlier levels? 

Like I just said, I loved him so obviously he was in a fine place with me. 

5 minutes ago, (PS4)CaptainIMalik said:

Not the point of the thread. 

Well, it kinda is. You classified him as solely a CC frame and put all of the people who like him in the same bucket. In truth, as i said above, he's way more than a CC frame, hence why people are contempt with the way he is designed at the moment and why DE has not made changes to him recently. 

Edited by aligatorno

Just now, aligatorno said:

Well, it kinda is. You classified him as solely a CC frame and put all of the people who like him in the same bucket. In truth, as i said above, he's way more than a CC frame, hence why people are content with the way he is designed at the moment and why DE has not made changes to him recently. 

I wouldn't really say it is significant enough. I figure you would know what I mean. Maybe saying "not so damaging" and "damaging" would have been better? 

5 minutes ago, (PS4)CaptainIMalik said:

He wasn't. He couldn't kill anything. The new Volt can't, either, for that matter, but it can do a lot more. Damage, as you should well know, is more or less useless in this game, unless you've got something to augment it.

Just now, PrVonTuckIII said:

He wasn't. He couldn't kill anything. The new Volt can't, either, for that matter, but it can do a lot more. Damage, as you should well know, is more or less useless in this game, unless you've got something to augment it.

I don't really agree with the damaging part being useless. I mean you have great frames like Ash that just... kills. 

Also, I remember when Shock being damaging at lower levels, you don't? Also I have gotten confusing responses if Volt was damaging before his rework, quite mixed. 

I mean you have great frames like Ash that just... kills. 

Also, I remember when Shock being damaging at lower levels, you don't? Also I have gotten confusing responses if Volt was damaging before his rework, quite mixed. 

Like I said, unless you have something to augment it, damage is useless. Ash's BS ignores armour, and applies massive Slash procs. 

Saying something is damaging at low levels is pointless, because everything is damaging at low levels. He was not damaging before the rework. 

Just now, PrVonTuckIII said:

Like I said, unless you have something to augment it, damage is useless. Ash's BS ignores armour, and applies massive Slash procs. 

Saying something is damaging at low levels is pointless, because everything is damaging at low levels. He was not damaging before the rework. 

I think it's more efficient and saves time. Instead of shocking something then taking time to shoot and melee

People, Stop defending Volt for a Second and read the post again, will ya? OP is Arguing that this:
b3d83bf2b9.jpg

Is not Accurate with Modern Volt, and wants to know if DE INTENDS to have Volt as a DPS Frame, like the Highlighted Description Implies, or if that has changed over the years.

1 minute ago, Jicematoro said:

People, Stop defending Volt for a Second and read the post again, will ya? OP is Arguing that this:
b3d83bf2b9.jpg

Is not Accurate with Modern Volt, and wants to know if DE INTENDS to have Volt as a DPS Frame, like the Highlighted Description Implies, or if that has changed over the years.

Aaahh I see. Yeah DE should really delete that lol

53 minutes ago, (PS4)CaptainIMalik said:

It might help to like this post

Excuse me?

And the only thing I get out of your post is, that you want his 4th to be the next nuke... no ty, he's perfect like he is atm, as many others before me already sayd.

DE have made Volt how they want him. They wont change him nor do they have any need to.

Volt is NOT an alternative to gameplay. He USED to be, but they never changed his description. He is however, a high damage warframe, as well as a CC frame.

All they need to do is change his description to represent how they want him, which is how he is right now.