Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lex prime sounds. From DEagle to toy gun

LuckyCharm

The lex prime sound changes may have been mentioned somewhere here in the forums but personally I would really like the change reverted. It no longer sounds like the bullets have weight and just sounds rather annoying to be honest. It feels like an old western movie with pew pew sounds overlaying all of the gunshots. Please change the sounds back <3

i don't really like that 'bweep' sound - it's also notably before the actual firing sound, which makes it sound weird on top of that.

to make matters worse, the gun always sounds like it's 30 Meters away from you now. 
is it also heavily slanted towards Right Channel? if i shoot my Primary, it sounds normal, but then LexP sounds biased towards Right Channel compared to another gun.

On 20.5.2017 at 11:35 PM, DatDarkOne said:

hehe, still doesn't sound as good as Akmagnus.  They even included the sounds of the bullet cartridges hitting the ground.  

Your Akmagnus may face the same treatment.

Anyway, the Lex sounds awful. That sound they added sounds a bit like a leaking faucet. Not exactly fitting for a high power handgun.

A little pew to distinguish the Prime from the standard is okay, like we can see with the Latrons, but on the Lex, it's just too dominant. It sounds more like a pew pew laser than the Supra Vandal.

Edited by Tyrian3k

19 hours ago, Tyrian3k said:

Your Akmagnus may face the same treatment.

Anyway, the Lex sounds awful. That sound they added sounds a bit like a leaking faucet. Not exactly fitting for a high power handgun.

A little pew to distinguish the Prime from the standard is okay, like we can see with the Latrons, but on the Lex, it's just too dominant. It sounds more like a pew pew laser than the Supra Vandal.

Have to agree there, especially since it's slow firing so it's even more apparent. I've pretty much stopped using mine even though I used to use it for everything because the noise just irritates me. 

If we can't get the lex fixed can we at least put that same noise on the soma prime so everyone else can be just as annoyed as I am?

2 hours ago, LuckyCharm said:

Have to agree there, especially since it's slow firing so it's even more apparent. I've pretty much stopped using mine even though I used to use it for everything because the noise just irritates me. 

If we can't get the lex fixed can we at least put that same noise on the soma prime so everyone else can be just as annoyed as I am?

what if other ppl like the sound? like me :(

Edited by Ragingwasabi

I was kidding about the soma thing, but then I tried it out in game (i hadn't used it in months) ...All I can say is.. my condolences to whoever likes the soma prime. >.< Mine sounds like someone just went and recorded a pigeon call and then repeated it for each shot. 

I really have no idea what's been done to the audio but it sounds worse now than ever. 

On 5/20/2017 at 3:49 AM, Ragingwasabi said:

what did they change? i dont notice anything

They made the signature Prime accent much more apparent. It used to be very subtle with the normal Lex firing sfx remaining dominant. 

It was light years more satisfying to shoot prior. I hate using the gun now. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-5-25 at 3:22 PM, LuckyCharm said:

I was kidding about the soma thing, but then I tried it out in game (i hadn't used it in months) ...All I can say is.. my condolences to whoever likes the soma prime. >.< Mine sounds like someone just went and recorded a pigeon call and then repeated it for each shot. 

I really have no idea what's been done to the audio but it sounds worse now than ever. 

Condolences - the throaty bark of mine is still happily heralding Grineer gibleting all across Origin. 😊