Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A reminder to possibly return a survival mission to Earth for the upcoming Earth Remaster

IceColdHawk

I don't think i have much to explain here so, it'd be greatly appreciated to be able to survive on earth again when we consider the upcoming Earth remaster.

Would be a shame to only have low level non-endless missions or playing stationary endless missions such as excavation, interception or defense. I'm sure people would like to slay some grineer while exploring the remastered tileset too. I know, i would. It would be kinda sad to have all the work put into it only for people to not spend much time in there because of limited possibilites.

8 minutes ago, PUR3K1LL3R said:

inb4 "IT WOULDN'T MAKE SENSE" response.

Meh, there are just too many things in here that doesn't make sense. That's why we got space magic. But excluding one of the most played mission types of an (imo already) beautiful tileset, that will become even more beautiful, would be kinda disappointing if you ask me.

Don't see a need, personally.

If you want endless there is Excav and if you want high level stuff in general there's always alerts and sorties popping up everywhere.

Kind of a strange thing to ask for though. When you actually want to explore a tileset and admire its artwork, you don't want hordes of enemies distracting you.

1 minute ago, Momaw said:

If you want endless there is Excav and if you want high level stuff in general there's always alerts and sorties popping up everywhere.

I've already explained that excav, defense and intercept are all stationary. Every planet has stationary and mobile missions. Maybe i don't want to be forced to bring a frost, limbo or volt and camp with the drills for them to not get oneshot? Maybe i prefer survivaling? What's stopping DE from giving Earth a survival node just like there is a survival for any other tileset out there? I know where i can go for high level. But i'd like to play more than just a select few tilesets. They exist for reasons. And don't get me started on the RNG-based sorties. These are boring and not to be compared with endless runs.

10 minutes ago, Momaw said:

Kind of a strange thing to ask for though. When you actually want to explore a tileset and admire its artwork, you don't want hordes of enemies distracting you.

That's like asking Steve to just show us his work but never make him release it because, we already "admired" the artwork. It's a game, not a movie. I'd like to actually slay some enemies and collect some loot, rewards and stuff while being in this beauty instead of just seeing how it looks.

20 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

What's stopping DE from giving Earth a survival node just like there is a survival for any other tileset out there?

Same reason there's no survival on Corpus Outpost, or Corpus Ice Planet, or Grineer Settlement, or Shipyard:  the fact that Earth is a planet, not a ship, and you're outdoors under a breathable atmosphere.  Other tilesets with survival mission nodes have limited or artificially created atmosphere that could be turned off by the controlling faction.  I get that you have a preference for survival missions, but I think you'll have to come up with a stronger reason than personal preference to get DE to shake up the map.

3 minutes ago, Momaw said:

Same reason there's no survival on Corpus Outpost, or Corpus Ice Planet, or Grineer Settlement, or Shipyard:

Embarassing... I completely forgot about those. I was always wondering why i'm not (for fun) playing a long run on mars (grineer settlement). Now i know why. They don't exist. Before i made this thread i skimmed over to the survival leaderboards and saw earth and europa missing while mars, ceres etc. were still on there. But apparently with closed-in tilesets. That explains it then. Never thought about that actually and this explains why we have no excavations in closed-in tilesets either (drills can still spawn in ice planet caves).

Still kinda sad though. I personally find the grineer settlements and the forest to be one of my favorite tilesets. And we actually used to have survival missions on earth so there's that.

Hype destroyed then. Earth gets fully refreshed and also because it's low level, i'll probably be doing only 1 excavation mission to see it and then never touch earth ever again outside of lith fissures or sorties. *sigh*

7 hours ago, IceColdHawk said:

ype destroyed then. Earth gets fully refreshed and also because it's low level, i'll probably be doing only 1 excavation mission to see it and then never touch earth ever again outside of lith fissures or sorties. *sigh*

Pretty much nothing DE adds to Warframe is designed to wholly take over your entire game time, it's intended to be enjoyed as a collection of interesting activities.  Even the most delicious candy gets disgusting if that's all you eat all the time.

I would like to see survivals return to earth (and other planetary tilesets like ceres and mars for that matter). There's never anything bad about simply giving more variety for the players, and for me (and probably many others), survival is my favorite gamemode because it's endless and I don't have to defend anything, so there's a lot of freedom involved.

And before anybody talks about it not making sense, there's already so much stuff in the game that already doesn't make sense that it really doesn't matter. Just look at Alad V's timeline for example...

Just make an alternate version of survival which renames the terms of lifesupport and such to something else. Feels wasteful because it is capable of having that gamemode in it even if it doesn't make sense just because of the wording. Say toxins have been released in the surrounding atmosphere or something.

20 hours ago, PUR3K1LL3R said:

inb4 "IT WOULDN'T MAKE SENSE" response.

20 hours ago, IceColdHawk said:

there are just too many things in here that doesn't make sense

19 hours ago, Momaw said:

Same reason there's no survival on Corpus Outpost, or Corpus Ice Planet, or Grineer Settlement, or Shipyard:  the fact that Earth is a planet, not a ship, and you're outdoors under a breathable atmosphere.

20 hours ago, Chipputer said:

It doesn't make sense but at this point I don't care

Guys, of course this would make sense ingame. Don't you remember the new technology developed by the Grineer Board of Engineering?

Image result for warframe survival on earth comic katrinadrawsalot

Edited by thewhitepanda1205

Ignoring the off-topic discussion of what makes sense and what doesn't in Warframe, I believe on a Devstream they talked about whether they would do a special event to showcase it (the Earth Remaster). I believe they all agreed that it would be a good idea.

While an older player may only find the flowers, fissures, sorties and raid to be all that there is to go to Earth (seems like a nice amount), there will most likely be an event to bring people around to it as well.

Edited by (XB1)RPColten
Better wording