Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do people believe Universal Vacuum will encourage players to use pets?

Music4Therapy

I'd use my infested charger way more if it had a vacum for it I use it quite a lot if vacum isn't a needed thing, even formaed it 2-4 times. If it had a vacum I'd use it over a sentinal any day, I like vacum since I usually play zephyr or a (slow) tanky ice chroma for the most part so walking over things is usually a hassle for me, eithe too slow and must go forward or I have zephyr only issues of not being on the ground 90% of the time xD

1 hour ago, Obviousclone said:

I see zero reason as to why people bring up adarza as a relevant kavat. 60% flat crit chance is nice, but it's like 50% uptime and more importantly when does the crit chance matter except on specific guns, and if you are depending on that crit chance to kill means you play this game horribly.

what? no, really what? who said you have to rely on it to get crits? on no weapon %60 flat crit chance is ever bad, and uptime is huge. and it removes the need of argon scope on so many crit weapons as well.

smeeta on the other hand is still insane. it's rng, but every effect is positive and some are just nuts like the 120s and 30s buffs (and the one that has made it so I never have to farm jupiter themisto for neural sensors ever again). being able to double kuva drops, or let me power level a gun I forma'd is actually useful stuff.

i mean its not like flat %60 crit chance isnt positive, but you do realize charm isnt anywhere near constant as cats eye right? and those other things you have mentioned, only kuva farming part is actually worth noting. and thats just a niche. 

the utility mods for pets aren't very good either. scavenge is an extremely slow and time-inefficient playstyle (not to mention opening lockers is just boring). the armour shred is single target (and what did I just say about limited targeting in this horde shooter of a game). sense danger was cool. then they nerfed it to hell by removing the wallhacks component. pounce was cool. then they nerfed it to hell by fixing all the hilarious "you shouldn't be able to stun these certain enemies with this mod" bugs that it could do. the pre-revisit oberon passive mod is only useful for scanning kavats... which catch 22, you would need a kavat to use this mod, in order to scan a kavat. the increase to attack range is impossible to appreciate/notice (and regardles, your pet is still going to facetank and be in danger). and the mods that scale off your warframe stats makes warframe choice/build very limiting (as I've stated, I usually play quick thinking banshee with no vitality/redirection/vigor so I get punished a lot stats wise).

1-agreed with scavenger

2-its not single target when you got the mod for it.

3-pounce is still very much useful, sorry you cant cheese anymore. it stuns a lot of things including heavy units.

4-oberon isnt exactly relevant to this discussion.

5-yeah i mean that all attacks being aoe is most certainly useless /s.

6-its not "very" limiting just cus of a one certain way of building. you dont exactly have to stick to qt if it really bothers you that much.

44 minutes ago, An8rchy said:

Sweeper prime, 1 clip, stunlocked cant do nothing (While also being able to get my other buffs as vaccum, scan, get dmg points on enemies)

Smeeta, locked to attack, gets down by 1 hit at high lvls (dont lie, they dont have enough armor to sustain the dmg)

Spread more mis information pls

do i really need to take a video just for you now? i reaaaalllly feel too lazy for that.

Well, it's a fact that more players started to use other kinds of sentinels after the first Vacuum change, I'm pretty sure the same thing will happen to Kavats and Kubrows too if universal vacuum is a thing. Besides having more choices would only bring benefits so why not.

Edited by Marvelous_A

1 hour ago, Zeclem said:

what? no, really what? who said you have to rely on it to get crits? on no weapon %60 flat crit chance is ever bad, and uptime is huge. and it removes the need of argon scope on so many crit weapons as well.

i mean its not like flat %60 crit chance isnt positive, but you do realize charm isnt anywhere near constant as cats eye right? and those other things you have mentioned, only kuva farming part is actually worth noting. and thats just a niche. 

1-agreed with scavenger

2-its not single target when you got the mod for it.

3-pounce is still very much useful, sorry you cant cheese anymore. it stuns a lot of things including heavy units.

4-oberon isnt exactly relevant to this discussion.

5-yeah i mean that all attacks being aoe is most certainly useless /s.

6-its not "very" limiting just cus of a one certain way of building. you dont exactly have to stick to qt if it really bothers you that much.

do i really need to take a video just for you now? i reaaaalllly feel too lazy for that.

The backpedaling is real.

23 hours ago, Zeclem said:

how exactly?

I don't understand either.

That said, the community is split between Pets and Sentinels if both had Vacuum. And that is a good thing, it'd be bad for the game imo if everyone switched to pets. It should be balanced. The one issue the vast majority seem to agree with though is the AI

3 hours ago, Music4Therapy said:

That said, the community is split between Pets and Sentinels if both had Vacuum. And that is a good thing, it'd be bad for the game imo if everyone switched to pets. It should be balanced. The one issue the vast majority seem to agree with though is the AI

If UV was optional, pets would see more use. Those that want it would have it, those that don't want it don't have to have it. Simple 

5 hours ago, Music4Therapy said:

sure, if you give some sort of universal vacuum to pets i would most certainly make use of it. but the issue isnt the ai, its how slow pets are compared to us is how most ppl seem to think as "ai related". they do take a little bit reacting to our position and catching up to player, making a lot of ppl think it got stuck somewhere. at least for kavats, since kavats do a lot of different movement kubrows ai might be different, but then i didnt had any issue with them when i use my dogs either. give them better movespeed and most of ai related complaints would dissapear.