Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should I put maxed blind rage on.mesa ?

(PSN)ARIES-WY

Question

15 answers to this question

I'd advise against it, you need Duration on Mesa for two reasons:

- Duration is the stat that most directly affects Shatter Shield, and whilst you might not specifically build for it, you should ALWAYS be keeping it up, especially before entering Peacemaker. I personally build for Shatter Shield, which means piling ON the Duration, not taking any off. Peacemaker is great, don't get me wrong, but it's hard to argue against a flat 95% damage reduction to all ranged attacks.

- Duration also increases energy efficiency in the case of drain-over-time powers such as Peacemaker, World on Fire etc. Duration and efficiency let you stay in Peacemaker longer, don't worry too much about strength because carrying a powerful secondary such as Lex Prime with a full Crit build will let Peacemaker's damage scale very well, plus she gains more damage the longer you use Peacemaker anyway.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I'd advise against it, you need Duration on Mesa for two reasons:

- Duration is the stat that most directly affects Shatter Shield, and whilst you might not specifically build for it, you should ALWAYS be keeping it up, especially before entering Peacemaker. I personally build for Shatter Shield, which means piling ON the Duration, not taking any off. Peacemaker is great, don't get me wrong, but it's hard to argue against a flat 95% damage reduction to all ranged attacks.

- Duration also increases energy efficiency in the case of drain-over-time powers such as Peacemaker, World on Fire etc. Duration and efficiency let you stay in Peacemaker longer, don't worry too much about strength because carrying a powerful secondary such as Lex Prime with a full Crit build will let Peacemaker's damage scale very well, plus she gains more damage the longer you use Peacemaker anyway.

Oh ic now that was very clear and thz for the explanation , have a nice weekend tyvm

I play Mesa way too much and I agree with the others.
Equip Blind Rage if you want to have some fun overkill with sortie bosses, but that's about it.
You only need 20% power strength to max Shatter Shield, so don't worry about that.
With 170-200 power strength you'll kill anything up to sortie 3 imo.

I use mostly three different builds for her, I'll leave them here if you're interested.
I swap out Vitality for Intensify or Natural Talent - depending on the mission and/or state of mind.

NQfCSYal.png

I don't think it really helps much to have Blind Rage. Power Strength is good of course but the way her damage ramps with Power Strength requires you to keep shooting, so in a weird way more power doesn't get to use itself until a certain point. Prolly lvl 300+. Can't say for sure. I've used her solo to lvl 400 at 200% Power Strength and found that the natural need for more DPS came with the more shots I put into something and of course the resulting Corrosive procs.

In short I think Blind Rage is half utilized at the expense of more drain. She has unlimited ammo after all. Just ramp it up and shoot longer if needed.

At 200% Power Strength I clocked her Peacemaker at 300k DPS.....

Most of Peacemaker's damage comes from your pistol mods.  If you have a good crit pistol build you don't need Transient Fortitude or Blind Rage to do a Sortie 3.  Just use Intensify to get your strength to 130 and your Shatter Shield damage reduction to the 95% cap.

I do have a 299 strength build but it is extreme overkill on anything I've encountered in the game and only usable with an EV Trinity in the party.

7 hours ago, (Xbox One)ThermalStone said:

Most of Peacemaker's damage comes from your pistol mods.  If you have a good crit pistol build you don't need Transient Fortitude or Blind Rage to do a Sortie 3.  Just use Intensify to get your strength to 130 and your Shatter Shield damage reduction to the 95% cap.

I do have a 299 strength build but it is extreme overkill on anything I've encountered in the game and only usable with an EV Trinity in the party.

Exactly this. After all the pistol mods, the extra damage from BR is not worth the energy drain loss unless you are in very specific scenarios.