Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sybaris Prime is a Nerf

Tamirn

1 minute ago, Tamirn said:

Try that doesn't work even if you have a good riven mod with multishot it doesn't give you 100% status chance.

Most weapons can function well enough with 60-70% Status/Crit. Thinking '100% or nothing' is kinda a silly way of going around things unless its a status shotgun.

34 minutes ago, Tamirn said:

So I compare the Dex Sybaris with the Sybaris Prime and it has less crit chance about 5% which means you can't mod it for 100% unless you have a riven mod. So if the weapon isn't perfect for ether 100% Crit, Status or high raw damage that means it isn't work your time. Please note when you do end-game content you need the best OP weapons to kill high lvl mobs like on sortie, Kuva Flood or Endless fissure so if the weapons your holding isn't perfect that it isn't worth your time. Thank DE you ruin another good weapon.

You forgot about most important thing. It got no purple lotus hearts while shooting !!

Other than that, you don't know what you're talking about or it's a troll post.

Sybaris Prime has:
-Higher base damage
-Higher ROF
-Higher status
-Larger magazine
-Shortest timer between bursts of all Sybaris variants

Dex Sybaris has:
-Higher crit (a whole 5%)
-Faster reload (miniscule, maybe 0.5 seconds at most)
-More accurate (by about 2 points)

Sybaris Prime is better, full-stop. A 5% crit difference isn't going to ruin its chances against the Dex, and you seriously can't disregard everything else it has over the Dex, which is... well, a lot.

5 minutes ago, Vargras said:

Sybaris Prime has:
-Higher base damage
-Higher ROF
-Higher status
-Larger magazine
-Shortest timer between bursts of all Sybaris variants

Dex Sybaris has:
-Higher crit (a whole 5%)
-Faster reload (miniscule, maybe 0.5 seconds at most)
-More accurate (by about 2 points)

Sybaris Prime is better, full-stop. A 5% crit difference isn't going to ruin its chances against the Dex, and you seriously can't disregard everything else it has over the Dex, which is... well, a lot.

It may have a higher base damage and status chance but it's totally useless if it doesn't have the same crit chance compare to the Dex Sybaris since you can multiple crit damage if you have a 100% crit chance.

Just now, Tamirn said:

It may have a higher base damage and status chance but it's totally useless if it doesn't have the same crit chance compare to the Dex Sybaris since you can multiple crit damage if you have a 100% crit chance.

The laser-focus you've got on crit is a bit perplexing. It's not the end-all, be-all you think it is.

Doesn't stop the Prime from being better than the Dex.

Heres a picture of a perfect Crit weapon
0Y5zAdo.png

Now if you can do the math Red Crit Multiplier = Crit Level × (Crit Multiplier − 1) + 1
So by my math 2 x (5.3-1) + 1 = 9.6 x base damage (2620.8+145.8+145.8+9259.9) = 116,850.24

which can one shot anything below lvl 100 easy add in a buff and you can even kill thing almost lvl 200

Edited by Tamirn

From my personal playing experience after getting the Dex reward on the Anniversary, and this new Prime version?

The Prime kills --way-- better. I don't even have top end Mods. So if the base value of the weapon is perceived as being --way-- better, I'm pretty sure statistically speaking, it's a gonna be more effective.

Just remember, perception doesn't always equal reality. We all perceive differently.

Two cents.

ps: If anyone know how's to change my profile picture, please advise. Thanks! I r noob on Forums.

One thing that you seem to be forgetting is that even the Dex Sybaris can't reach 100% Crit Chance without the addition of Critical Delay, Argon Scope, or a Riven.

The Dex can only achieve 87.5% Crit Chance with just Point Strike compared to the Prime being able to reach 75%.

Because of this, I don't see why you're upset that the Prime can't reach 100% Crit Chance with just Point Strike when even the Dex can't.

Plus, you don't even need 100% Status Chance on anything besides a shotgun for it to be Status viable.

Edited by thewhitepanda1205

2 minutes ago, Tamirn said:

Now if you can do the math Red Crit Multiplier = Crit Level × (Crit Multiplier − 1) + 1
So by my math 2 x (5.3-1) + 1 = 9.6 x base damage (2620.8+145.8+145.8+9259.9) = 116,850.24

Guess what.

A Viral Proc pretty much does the same thing as a red crit.

And the Sybaris Prime can red crit too, just like the Dex Sybaris. So if you red crit with a viral proc on the Sybaris Prime, you deal a lot more damage to the target than the Dex Sybaris would.

7 minutes ago, Tamirn said:

Heres a picture of a perfect Crit weapon

which can one shot anything below lvl 100 easy add in a buff and you can even kill thing almost lvl 200

Thing is, you're calculating as if it happens constantly.

It only occurs 20% of the time, at average 1 of the 3 bullets from Euphona's primary will red crit per trigger. I do not see how this is better than a +damage and + crit damage/multishot Riven for Euphona which bolsters its damage across the board. Your calculations don't even include things like armor mitigation, corrosive stripping or viral procs.

The Sybaris Prime follows similarly to this. Dex Sybaris can get about 20-30% red crit chance which is minor, a damage/multishot/crit damage riven would still outperform it. Sybaris Prime also has the status advantage, 25% base status is nothing to laugh at. You're calculations and reasoning are pretty flawed to call this a 'nerf' when its an obvious side grade. 

1 hour ago, Tamirn said:

So I compare the Dex Sybaris with the Sybaris Prime and it has less crit chance about 5% which means you can't mod it for 100% unless you have a riven mod. So if the weapon isn't perfect for ether 100% Crit, Status or high raw damage that means it isn't work your time. Please note when you do end-game content you need the best OP weapons to kill high lvl mobs like on sortie, Kuva Flood or Endless fissure so if the weapons your holding isn't perfect that it isn't worth your time. Thank DE you ruin another good weapon.

1 hour ago, Tamirn said:

Please note when you do end-game content you need the best OP weapons to kill high lvl mobs like on sortie, Kuva Flood or Endless fissure

wrong. maybe YOU do because you don't feel confident in your ability without those meta weapons, but any weapon can handle sorties as long as it's modded right and invested in. and it doesn't NEED to have 100% Crit chance, because you can always stack it with Argon Scope/Bladed Rounds combo and Adarza's Cat's Eye buff which easily puts it into red crit territory. in terms of status and raw damage it's better than the Dex, so is more suited to elemental builds. as we know, damage and crits fall off, but elemental procs scale infinitely. the Prime is an improvement in some regards, but not in all.

please stop spreading misinformation.

Edited by (PS4)robotwars7

Guys.. Just look who are you arguing with..

oh wait, this one was funny :crylaugh: Really, if you want to have some laugh read those.

I dont want to be mean.. but really, there is no point to argue with him. He is very "special".

And yea, sybaris p. is upgrade to dex, but im not even going to try to explain that guy why is it better, he wont understand anything anyway

Edited by Tacritan

1 hour ago, Tamirn said:

I do raids with mk1 bratons which raids are endgame and I still kill level 90+ enemies with no trouble. Mk1 braton isn't OP obviously and still does fine. Also it really isn't a nerf.

1 hour ago, Tamirn said:

How so the crit chance is 5% less which means you can't mod it for 100% crit chance which makes it making a crit build worthless if you can make crit shots.

It's not a sniper rifle or single shot rifle, it doesn't need 100% crit. It has 20 rounds in the mag for f***s sake. People like you are why we have such awful power-creep issues.

Just now, Silvus-Sol said:

It's not a sniper rifle or single shot rifle, it doesn't need 100% crit. It has 20 rounds in the mag for f***s sake. People like you are why we have such awful power-creep issues.

Yeah, exactly. Sybaris p. Already is a powercreep. Because even without that MASSIVE status chance it would still outdps dex due to higher base damage, rof and mag, not to mention the innate punch through.

And now add that insane status chance buff.. BUT WAIT, 5% less crit! Amagawd trash weapon.

1 minute ago, Tacritan said:

Yeah, exactly. Sybaris p. Already is a powercreep. Because even without that MASSIVE status chance it would still outdps dex due to higher base damage, rof and mag, not to mention the innate punch through.

And now add that insane status chance buff.. BUT WAIT, 5% less crit! Amagawd trash weapon.

Thats usually why I try out weapons myself and usually never listen to when other peoplw call weapons and frames "trash" because it usually means it's only not the best possible of a small select field of all the possible weapons.