Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts on the corrupted.

Pavelord

On 6/2/2017 at 1:47 AM, arch111 said:

Very good questions. I wonder where they drew the line. Tenno and weapons and all types twisted by the void? 

The big question is if the Corrupted are reanimated corpses.

As for the Towers, they were really big ships and it would make sense for those to be safe from void-fissures.

I am more inclined to think the adult on the Zariman became infested monsters though,  but that's just my own theory. 

I think the Void made the adults on the Zariman go crazy and they killed themselves

Here comes my head cannon-

What reason does no one bring up Vor? We know that at some point, Vor is killed by being split in half. He dies. Then the Janus key brings him back to life. 

The thing about this is....what made the key bring him back and keep him in the void? I see this as there is an entity in the void. Something or someone that is curious about the universe it does not reside in.

What if the ship did NOT have any kids on it? What if while traveling through the void, the entity decided to experiment with the crew? It wanted to see what combinations happen with the DNA of the crew and itself. This brought about the Tenno and this explains what reason every Tenno is the sane age more or less- they are void children (or void demons as someone in game points out). They did not exist before the ship went into the void....but they were found where they should not have been any children at all. 

This entity has been attempting to gain more footing in the dimension and the Sabotages were weakening the barriers between itself and this dimension. With the pulling out of Lua, this has allowed the breaching to begin on a larger scale. We now see what happens when the breaches hit a populated place with Infested, Corrupted, Corpus, and Grineer. They get repaired, enhanced, and Corrupted to follow the Corruted. They do....but not the Warframes. We get the powers added to us....but we are still seen as a threat to the fissures. What reason is that?

The Corrupted are the Orokin way of controlling with the Neural Sensor those who have been Corrupted by the void. It gives safe haven to the Orokin on the ships while taking the maddened beings and making them into protection. Yet, when the void fissures happens inside of a ship, the Corrupted get corrupted? This shows that the Orokin corrupted are different than the void fissure corrupted. 

This is just my way of viewing the game to give me a reason to use the kid- if they are created by the void instead of being kids thay survived, i may just forgive them as it changes the whole concept of the game- the void is trying to get into our universe and it knows it can because its children are able to walk and use their powers in this universe. The more that they evolve in our universe, the better the void will be able to make its entrance and start taking over the universe. The kids are harbingers without knowing it.

As far as I know, the Towers where built by the Orokin. The "corruption" is by the "Neural Sentry"(an artificial intelligence created by the Orokin to defend the towers) and has nothing to do with the energies that created the Tenno(unless of course the Towers was using void energies as power supply).

The fissures may just be the neural sentry trying to gather more footmen to defend the towers. Up until now we assumed that they got their soldiers from invading forces. 

45 minutes ago, (Xbox One)DShinShoryuken said:

What if the ship did NOT have any kids on it? What if while traveling through the void, the entity decided to experiment with the crew? It wanted to see what combinations happen with the DNA of the crew and itself. This brought about the Tenno and this explains what reason every Tenno is the sane age more or less- they are void children (or void demons as someone in game points out). They did not exist before the ship went into the void....but they were found where they should not have been any children at all. 

As for the tenno being children of a creature in the void. I doubt it. For the most part, when they talk about the children of Zariman 10-0 they speak as if they know that there were children on board when it got lost. No one ever said that they were surprised to find children on it. 

On 6/2/2017 at 4:45 PM, arch111 said:

The children were saved by their (big guesses here) implanted nanobots the Technocyte,  that took the energy and repurposed them for defence and attack : our space magic.

The adults lacked this protection and became infested instead. 

Technocyte was the virus that created the infested, saying that technocyte protected the Tenno from being turn into infested is just weird.

Edited by InDueTime-EN-
Technocyte

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)AntiCaesar said:

Maybe not all Tenno though. Morals and all that stuff 

In some answers the tenno mentioned they build impromtu cell and kept the adults there, but by the end all of the adults died.

24 minutes ago, InDueTime-EN- said:

As far as I know, the Towers where built by the Orokin. The "corruption" is by the "Neural Sentry"(an artificial intelligence created by the Orokin to defend the towers) and has nothing to do with the energies that created the Tenno(unless of course the Towers was using void energies as power supply).

The towers indeed are orokin, when a fissure is open the neural sentry is not there, just corrupted units and void energy that corrupts (we collect them as traces) enemy units, so even if it was the neural sentry corrupting the units, it does so by using void energy, the same energies that would affect a ship not protected from the void, it can be infer those are the same energies that affected the Zariman, in effect corrupting the adults but somehow acting different in the children, children that now can channel void energy themselves and through their warframes.

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)DShinShoryuken said:

What reason does no one bring up Vor? We know that at some point, Vor is killed by being split in half. He dies. Then the Janus key brings him back to life.

Good point bringing Vor, he practically makes for a third form of corrupted.

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)DShinShoryuken said:

I think the game has hinted more, that the ship was a colony ship that was on course to Tau (tenno memories reveal they had studied everything about Tau), because the Orokin were running they system dry of its resources (Simaris synthesis), the Zariman had an accident; it is mentioned that making long journeys is very perilous and void fold accidents are not rare; hence it is prefered in secret by ballas (Simaris synthesis) that autonomous self-evolving machines made the long journey and build a solar rail, it may have been secret to protect the Orokin, because shame that they were failing or because the were to abandon the system leaving everyone behind.

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)DShinShoryuken said:

Here comes my head cannon-

The thing about this is....what made the key bring him back and keep him in the void? I see this as there is an entity in the void. Something or someone that is curious about the universe it does not reside in.

This entity has been attempting to gain more footing in the dimension and the Sabotages were weakening the barriers between itself and this dimension. With the pulling out of Lua, this has allowed the breaching to begin on a larger scale. We now see what happens when the breaches hit a populated place with Infested, Corrupted, Corpus, and Grineer. They get repaired, enhanced, and Corrupted to follow the Corruted. They do....but not the Warframes. We get the powers added to us....but we are still seen as a threat to the fissures. What reason is that?

The Corrupted are the Orokin way of controlling with the Neural Sensor those who have been Corrupted by the void. It gives safe haven to the Orokin on the ships while taking the maddened beings and making them into protection. Yet, when the void fissures happens inside of a ship, the Corrupted get corrupted? This shows that the Orokin corrupted are different than the void fissure corrupted. 

This is just my way of viewing the game to give me a reason to use the kid- if they are created by the void instead of being kids thay survived, i may just forgive them as it changes the whole concept of the game- the void is trying to get into our universe and it knows it can because its children are able to walk and use their powers in this universe. The more that they evolve in our universe, the better the void will be able to make its entrance and start taking over the universe. The kids are harbingers without knowing it.

Three figures waited behind a simple table. Their attention on a single chair, bathed in light. An old woman's voice from the shadow: 'Send her in'. Across the room a security officer, stern and plain, opened the door. The outline of a young woman appeared at the door. She hesitated, but only for an instant, then crossed the room and sat.

There was a gasp as the light hit her face. Her right eye was bright and blinking, but her left was a greasy slit. Her skin had been burned moon-white. Her mouth was a sagging gash without lips or expression. Her military beret was pulled snug over a scarred and hairless scalp.

The old voice: 'Your name is Kaleen.' Kaleen nodded. 'You were the principal investigator of the Zariman?' Kaleen's voice was a jagged whisper, a rigid face. 'Yes.'

Kaleen coughed, straightened: 'The Zariman was lost making the fold from Saturn to the Outer gates. Mechanical failure. I notified families and filled a report with the inspectors. Nothing ever returns from the fold, so I closed the case.'

'But you reopened the case, days later.'

'I didn't believe it myself until I stepped aboard the ship. It was completely intact, full environmental, as if it had never left.'

'And the crew was gone.'

'Not exactly.' Kaleen hesitated. 'We thought it was empty but we began to find...' Her face twitched at remembered pain, 'We began to find children hiding in the ship.'

'And that is when you violated procedure?'

Kaleen bowed her head, a tear welling in her sightless eye. 'They were children. They were afraid. They needed comfort.'

'So you broke quarantine and this happened to you.'

There was silence as Kaleen touched her face, 'So what have you done with them?'

The old woman gestured for the officer to take Kaleen away. The meeting was over. When Kaleen reached the door she twisted out of his grip and shot back, 'Why would you do that? Why did you put children on military ship?'

'We didn't. That would violate procedure.'

Edited by Elvangreen

1 hour ago, (PS4)FunyFlyBoy said:

Nah, the Tenno killed the adults. Your character admits to it depending on the answer you give during The War Within.

Only Moon-aligned Tenno did so. Balance-aligned built makeshift prisons to contain them in a nonlethal manner, while Sun-aligned avoided the fighting entirely.

2 hours ago, InDueTime-EN- said:

The fissures may just be the neural sentry trying to gather more footmen to defend the towers. Up until now we assumed that they got their soldiers from invading forces. 

As for the tenno being children of a creature in the void. I doubt it. For the most part, when they talk about the children of Zariman 10-0 they speak as if they know that there were children on board when it got lost. No one ever said that they were surprised to find children on it. 

Technocyte was the virus that created the infested, saying that technocyte protected the Tenno from being turn into infested is just weird.

The Technocyte and the Technocyte Plague called The Infestation are two different things. 

4 hours ago, Elvangreen said:

Three figures waited behind a simple table. Their attention on a single chair, bathed in light. An old woman's voice from the shadow: 'Send her in'. Across the room a security officer, stern and plain, opened the door. The outline of a young woman appeared at the door. She hesitated, but only for an instant, then crossed the room and sat.

There was a gasp as the light hit her face. Her right eye was bright and blinking, but her left was a greasy slit. Her skin had been burned moon-white. Her mouth was a sagging gash without lips or expression. Her military beret was pulled snug over a scarred and hairless scalp.

The old voice: 'Your name is Kaleen.' Kaleen nodded. 'You were the principal investigator of the Zariman?' Kaleen's voice was a jagged whisper, a rigid face. 'Yes.'

Kaleen coughed, straightened: 'The Zariman was lost making the fold from Saturn to the Outer gates. Mechanical failure. I notified families and filled a report with the inspectors. Nothing ever returns from the fold, so I closed the case.'

'But you reopened the case, days later.'

'I didn't believe it myself until I stepped aboard the ship. It was completely intact, full environmental, as if it had never left.'

'And the crew was gone.'

'Not exactly.' Kaleen hesitated. 'We thought it was empty but we began to find...' Her face twitched at remembered pain, 'We began to find children hiding in the ship.'

'And that is when you violated procedure?'

Kaleen bowed her head, a tear welling in her sightless eye. 'They were children. They were afraid. They needed comfort.'

'So you broke quarantine and this happened to you.'

There was silence as Kaleen touched her face, 'So what have you done with them?'

The old woman gestured for the officer to take Kaleen away. The meeting was over. When Kaleen reached the door she twisted out of his grip and shot back, 'Why would you do that? Why did you put children on military ship?'

'We didn't. That would violate procedure.'

This can be read many ways. Most read it that the military did have children on the ship. I read it that they did NOT have children on the ship and are trying to figure out how children got on the ship. The last sentence says it all. They had no children on the ship because that would have gone against whatever the mission of the crew ship was. 

Kaleen even states that they contacted family that the crew had been lost. None of those family members ever asked what happened to the children that went? Of course they didn't as no children went on the mission. In other words, the crew had no kids for the family to ask about. That was my insight at the time. 

Then i started reading others saying the crew had their children onboard or that there were kids being held on the ship as an experiment to see what happened. These are all possible as well. I prefer the aspect that there were no kids on the ship when it launched but when found....kids, as it is more sci-fi. 

I also wondered....how many days/weeks/years passed between the jump and the finding. If it was days, Kaleen did a quick wrap up. Weeks says that they moved on and had many successful jumps afterwards. Years.....would explain her rushing to break quarantine as nothing should have lived on a ship missing for years. Yet the environment is perfect and kids on a ship that had no kids prior? Did the crew and ship become lost for years and have children in the void or was it days/weeks? 

Just the way i see things.....

5 hours ago, InDueTime-EN- said:

Most people read it as they knew....but what if that last line they said IS THE TRUTH- they did not have any children on a military ship. This makes the military now seen as trying to figure out where these kids came from instead of being the ones covering up they had kids on board the whole time.