Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wraith Ivara

FSH37

(I can tell there's gonna be a lot of... whatever it is on this one but dang it I'm showing this off anyways.)

tumblr_or59cvkCkP1vy4jwio1_1280.png

The WRAITH Ivara design. 

At this rate I'm just uploading fan concepts for the hell of it. 

A dead Ivara that even in death persists.

(And that's not the full story right there.)

Here's the full story.

"An Ivara that died many years ago. But, for unknown reasons, her warframe continues on. Doesn't speak much and only hunts down Grineer and Corpus alike. Unless they're defectors/sympathisers towards the Tenno."

Order of what parts you can colour.

The Crimson parts are in the first slot.

The grey parts are in the second.

The black parts on the spine thing as well as on the leg armour, chest and hands are on the third.

The rest of the black parts are on the next part.

Lights can change colour too.

(I forgot to put that on the Mesa of Hexis... :\)

But yeah this skin idea is actually not related to any syndicates. Sure she looks like a Red Veil kinda gal but... she's not really. 

(EDIT): Now there's more detail for you bloomin' guys who just like to make things over the top. (I just don't really.) And plus I did make the waist bigger. (Couldn't do it on the full body Ivara view because editing is awkward af after you've already done everything on it and din't keep the bloody thing opened up.)

Edited by FSH37

On 6/3/2017 at 9:01 AM, Nazrethim said:

Wraith weaponry IS made by Red Veil.

Uh.. no they're not. 

Although I like the idea, you can't "Wraith" warframes, as they are grineer improved weapons. But.. if you follow the tennogen line(where we have grinova and grost), this might be possible there. 

Edited by InDueTime-EN-

"If you don't have anything nice to say, say nothing at all."

So the old adage goes, but I think it bears mentioning at this point that I've seen many of your skin "concept" threads.

Is that too vague?

Edited by Dreddeth

Technically, if Ivara Wraith exist, she would just be the normal Ivara Wraith a different color pattern, like others Wraith items.
But I think there are many more probable candidates to be Wraithed that Ivara.

13 hours ago, InDueTime-EN- said:

Uh.. no they're not. 

The origin of Wraith and Vandal weapons are a bit ambiguous since many different people award them.
So, we can imagine they obtain them from the same provider and about Wraith stuff specifically, the only 2 peoples that awarded us with Wraith cosmetic was Cantis from the Specter of Liberty even (that is a Red Veil member) and Cressa Tal from the Pacifism Defect event (that is the Steel Meridian leader).

Considering this plus the facts Steel Meridian and Red Veil are ally and Wraith item are modified Grineer Technology with a black and red design similar to the Red Veil, we are almost sure Wraith items are the a creation of both Steel Meridian and Red Veil.
So yes Wraith weapons are probably half the creation of Red Veil.

On 6/2/2017 at 6:17 PM, FSH37 said:

(I can tell there's gonna be a lot of... whatever it is on this one but dang it I'm showing this off anyways.)

You mean "cringe"?

I mean, its supposed to be a concept of a skin right? Just looks like a re-color of the main frame, there's no detail. WHERE'S THE DETAIL?!

Edited by PUR3K1LL3R

2 hours ago, PUR3K1LL3R said:

You mean "cringe"?

Not just the total lack of detail and the overly simplified MS Paint look, either. There's absolutely no shading, and the waist-hips-bust ratio is exaggerated to the point of absurdity, which are all unfortunate trends of this artist, it would seem. This series is almost like the Sonichu of warframe skin concepts.

OP, work like yours is one reason why around half of DeviantArt has had me on their block lists at one time or another. The other being that the artists in question were thin-skinned and thought way too highly of their own "skills."

21 hours ago, Dreddeth said:

Not just the total lack of detail and the overly simplified MS Paint look, either. There's absolutely no shading, and the waist-hips-bust ratio is exaggerated to the point of absurdity, which are all unfortunate trends of this artist, it would seem. This series is almost like the Sonichu of warframe skin concepts.

OP, work like yours is one reason why around half of DeviantArt has had me on their block lists at one time or another. The other being that the artists in question were thin-skinned and thought way too highly of their own "skills."

"MS Paint."

I used FireAlpaca. There's a complete difference on that one.

Plus I didn't think of adding a lot of detail as the designs aren't supposed to be overly complicated. Only supposed to have a simple yet customised look.

And technically she's not actually like the whole wraith armoury and what-not. She's supposed to be a ghost in a shell kind of wraith. More of a Revenant. Even more so considering she is not with the Red Veil.

¬_¬

"Exaggerated" on the waist-hips-bust.
Not entirely. I was mostly keeping it the same while changing it a little. If I wanted it to be any worse I would make the bust way bigger. (Which I have done when it was supposed to be me in a replica warframe.)

So I at least tried to draw it to the correct body.

(It's not that easy. |:\)

I know kinda dumb to say but it is.

....Also wtf is "Sonichu"?

(Side note: Tbh I am on DA. But I rarely use it. And lucky for you, I'm not a cocky "artist". Because I do accept the fact that my art is kinda crap. But hey, if I'm gonna be an artist, might as well accept it and do wtf ever.)

23 hours ago, PUR3K1LL3R said:

You mean "cringe"?

I mean, its supposed to be a concept of a skin right? Just looks like a re-color of the main frame, there's no detail. WHERE'S THE DETAIL?!

Someone's blind.

Also. Cringe, actual meaning.

To suddenly move away from someone or something because you are frightened.

I ain't gonna go so low as to use a word wrongly because of meme shizzle.

Apparently this post becomes the MOST popular. And not in a great way.

Brilliant.

Well I was planning on doing my next warframe concept but considering people want more detail because idiocy.

I am gonna do it. (FFS people, simplicity is sometimes better you know. I have a hard time remembering complicated themes.)

Edited by FSH37

1 hour ago, FSH37 said:

Someone's blind.

You callin' me blind? Jeez. There's almost nothing typical of anything "wraith" on that.

1 hour ago, FSH37 said:

Cringe still explains my attitude toward your concepts, or just your art in general.

1 hour ago, FSH37 said:

Well I was planning on doing my next warframe concept but considering people want more detail because idiocy.

I am gonna do it. (FFS people, simplicity is sometimes better you know. I have a hard time remembering complicated themes.)

What the hek is wrong with detail? We can hardly tell what we're looking at

But it shouldn't stop you from trying I guess. Practice does make perfect.

2 hours ago, FSH37 said:

I ain't gonna go so low as to use a word wrongly because of meme shizzle.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/cringe

1: "To draw in or contract one's muscles involuntarily (as from cold or pain)"

4: "to recoil in distaste"

2 hours ago, FSH37 said:

Plus I didn't think of adding a lot of detail as the designs aren't supposed to be overly complicated. Only supposed to have a simple yet customised look.

There's simplicity, and then there's not even bothering to properly shade your drawing, like it's the first draft of the concept art of something from Adventurequest's early days, like the smaller angel in the picture below, or the backdrop.

adventurequest06112901a_1164770455.jpg

As you can also see, even a 2.5-D game with the budget of a ham sandwich goes through more trouble to make their (newer) stuff (like the white armor and the larger angel) look good, so if you think what you've posted is strong enough to "sell" the concept when there's not even any depth of field to the picture, you're wrong.

Most skin and warframe concept threads have a much more fleshed-out approach to their art, like Hennya for a brightly shining example, but I'd think you'd at least put out something as polished as Vespa's art. To apply such a comparatively low level of effort speaks of haste at best.

2 hours ago, FSH37 said:

"Exaggerated" on the waist-hips-bust.
Not entirely. I was mostly keeping it the same while changing it a little. If I wanted it to be any worse I would make the bust way bigger. (Which I have done when it was supposed to be me in a replica warframe.)

Dude, I play Ivara a lot. She's in my "holy trinity" of combat, support, stealth. She does not have that figure (I even wiki'd to double check), and saying that you could have made it even more ridiculous is not an excuse. There are plenty of weird things happening with frame anatomy when it comes to deluxe skins, but breast enhancement isn't one of them.

2 hours ago, FSH37 said:

....Also wtf is "Sonichu"?

200px-Sonichu.jpg

Google image search is a thing, you know.

But in all seriousness, there are joke concepts which have more effort put into them than this.

2 hours ago, FSH37 said:

2 hours ago, FSH37 said:

Someone's blind.

I don't appreciate it when the person whose work I'm criticizing starts throwing irrelevant insults as if that somehow invalidates said criticism. Neither do the administrators, for that matter, should such posts be reported.

Edited by Dreddeth
clarification

4 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

-snip-

UhJfhR8.jpg

But on topic though, I think the OP needs to get a little better about details when it comes to concepts of warframes/skins/weapons, etc. The ideas are "good", this one specifically is up in the air for now, but they could use a lot of work.

You can do whatever you want though, just some advice.

4 hours ago, PUR3K1LL3R said:

UhJfhR8.jpg

But on topic though, I think the OP needs to get a little better about details when it comes to concepts of warframes/skins/weapons, etc. The ideas are "good", this one specifically is up in the air for now, but they could use a lot of work.

You can do whatever you want though, just some advice.

I could add a little more detail onto it but... that would mean redoing the entire picture and I rather not do that.

(Kinda sounds lazy but. I do not like going over pictures over and over again. It gets really tiring for me.)

The idea of the concepts is that the frames are supposed to look quite custom while maintaining the original looks they had to begin with.

Sure the actual skins can look different to the actual concept and all, don't mind. (After all I'm only giving ideas and I can't 3d model for S#&$. xD)

So yeah. Plus the fact that mental problems kinda gets in the way of a lot of things... it's to be expected that I would try to avoid doing over the top complicated details on these concepts for skins I've been doing.

But I at least tried to make it a little better so, there ya go.

10 hours ago, FSH37 said:

I could add a little more detail onto it but... that would mean redoing the entire picture and I rather not do that.

(Kinda sounds lazy but. I do not like going over pictures over and over again. It gets really tiring for me.)

The idea of the concepts is that the frames are supposed to look quite custom while maintaining the original looks they had to begin with.

Sure the actual skins can look different to the actual concept and all, don't mind. (After all I'm only giving ideas and I can't 3d model for S#&$. xD)

So yeah. Plus the fact that mental problems kinda gets in the way of a lot of things... it's to be expected that I would try to avoid doing over the top complicated details on these concepts for skins I've been doing.

But I at least tried to make it a little better so, there ya go.

Well, I spent around 20 something minutes putting your concept thru my crappy analog art style and putting it in a spoiler a reply or two above (I think it's pretty good though), not sure how it would be for digital though.

I'll give you a by on that "mental problems" thing, cuz I have a couple of those myself, but to tell you the truth, almost everything in warframe (when art is involved) is intricate and complicated. Adapting is probably going to be your only way to go thru it, or you can keep doing what you've been doing, doesn't really matter.

As long as you tried your best and YOU like it, should be all that matters.

3 hours ago, PUR3K1LL3R said:

Well, I spent around 20 something minutes putting your concept thru my crappy analog art style and putting it in a spoiler a reply or two above (I think it's pretty good though), not sure how it would be for digital though.

I'll give you a by on that "mental problems" thing, cuz I have a couple of those myself, but to tell you the truth, almost everything in warframe (when art is involved) is intricate and complicated. Adapting is probably going to be your only way to go thru it, or you can keep doing what you've been doing, doesn't really matter.

As long as you tried your best and YOU like it, should be all that matters.

Tbh your art is really good. xD

• 4 weeks later...

Anyways guys I am going to be making a comic for Wraith Ivara. Going into her story.

(This is gonna be a pain in the arse to do because I can't draw actual warframes. But hell I'm doing it anyways.)

The location will be on freddyandothers.tumblr.com.

:3

Making Wraith/vandal Warframe or Prime Tonkor/Penta is totally a middle finger to the lore... >_<

Globally, Wraith = Red blood design for Grineers weapons (if check, all Wraith weapons were used by Grineers, like Latron before they got their own)

Vandal = Majority of Corpus weapon (same as Latron W, Lato/Braton Vandal appears when only tenno weapon were in the game.

so NO ! No Wraith Ivara.... Or call it "DK's Ivara" ;)