Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

can we get new conditions for the sorties?

Mak_Gohae

I dont even play them a lot and im already tired of Rad hazzard, X weapon only, Eximuseseseseses present. 

You got to start adding new and crazy stuff like; You can only use Ex, Loks, and Volt. You can only use your 1st and 3rd powers. You can only use Grineer weapons? That one was kind of silly you get the idea. Start throwing in new stuff so this type of mission doesnt become boring. 

You need to switch your weapon every 25 seconds or suffer damage?

Let's suggest some!

Limiting Sorties to specific frames are a terrible idea, it forces your play style and potentially lockout some people who would normally do them.

Same with limiting what powers you can use, frames are "balanced" around there passive statistics and there entire kit. Limiting powers would gut some frames into being worthless.

I do however like the weapon limitation, both the only use Specific faction versions and the switching weapon or take damage.

I would like a hidden mission type. It starts out as X mission type but then changes into a random one after a while. The one important thing here is that the first displayed mission can be seen but the secondary mission have to be completely random. So no restart to pick a new frame since it may turn into something completely different.

Edited by Hellmaker2004
Balanche is not the same as Balance, my spelling is awesome.

Until Sortie salty rewards get reworked, add more crazy conditions only make more people stop doing it.

But here are some crazy stuff i can think of: no shield (nightmare sorties); 1hp mode; randomize equipment; Operator only; no weapon (you can still use powers); no pet/sentinel; Archwings; enemies reflect damage back to player; negative gravity; Void energy leaking teleport player around the map randomly; Napalm base (all enemies are napalm); Enemies explode on death deal damage to player...

1 hour ago, Hellmaker2004 said:

Same with limiting what powers you can use, frames are "blanched" around there passive statistics and there entire kit. Limiting powers would gut some frames into being worthless.

Meh, that's why are the conditions, either accept them to play or skip them for the day.  The only real problem I see, which solves itself, is that most will not consider sortie rewards to be worth the effort with truly difficult conditions.

Spy mode - Only 1st and 3rd abilities are accessible!  Oh no, can't take Loki!  Oh wait, Ivara and Octavia exist.  It really wouldn't be that hard to find combinations despite any such restrictions.

We have over 30 frames and people are worried about limiting choices?

Limiting to specific frames like (Loki, Ash, Ivara only) or something wouldn't be terrible either but with 30 different frames, requiring only 1 of 5 choices for a mission would be hilarious and might shake things up a bit.  But thats only good for people who have all frames readily available and would be considered bad for newer players.

We'd need a more advanced and detailed sortie system for something like that to work.  Perhaps it loans everyone a pre-modded version of an allowed frame if they do not already own it.  Not doable with our current system but would still be fun to see happen in the future.

I know the perfect sortie condition to make sorties "endgame difficult":

Warfame abilities are disabled. 

Then we can watch players who can't play without cheese cry and complain on the forums because they can't live without a crutch.

1 minute ago, Heckzu said:

I know the perfect sortie condition to make sorties "endgame difficult":

Warfame abilities are disabled. 

Then we can watch players who can't play without cheese cry and complain on the forums because they can't live without a crutch.

Then people will just take Valkyre\Nidus\Inaros and cheese through the mission with the best weapons in the game. Terrible suggestion.

There was one I had a dream nightmare about where the ENTIRE level was all black, like, all textures gone from the map itself, but I could still see the minimap to figure out what tile I was on, and the enemies were still normally visible, so at least that was that.

Edited by DSpite

14 hours ago, Hellmaker2004 said:

Limiting Sorties to specific frames are a terrible idea, it forces your play style and potentially lockout some people who would normally do them.

Same with limiting what powers you can use, frames are "balanced" around there passive statistics and there entire kit. Limiting powers would gut some frames into being worthless.

this happens now with certain mission types. When people see Luna Spy they stay away. 

And that's not actually all that bad because that actually extends the life of the sortie system. People wait longer to get rewards. 

I would like a hidden mission type. It starts out as X mission type but then changes into a random one after a while. The one important thing here is that the first displayed mission can be seen but the secondary mission have to be completely random. So no restart to pick a new frame since it may turn into something completely different.

This was actually part of the game a long time ago but was taken away cause it made certain missions super long. 

But since this is sortie and is supposed to be hard... i'll allow it. You can actually incorporate the archwing missions in. Have a flight stage that lands you in a ship/asteroid and moves into some other mission. 

12 hours ago, Vance.Stubbs said:

Then people will just take Valkyre\Nidus\Inaros and cheese through the mission with the best weapons in the game. Terrible suggestion.

And that's fine. You are supposed to use top level gear for these missions, anyway. 

2 hours ago, DSpite said:

There was one I had a dream nightmare about where the ENTIRE level was all black, like, all textures gone from the map itself, but I could still see the minimap to figure out what tile I was on, and the enemies were still normally visible, so at least that was that.

This sounds like a bug. You would need to remove the new mission waypoint for this to be any serious hurdle, though.