Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

how to not hate latron prime

Mother_Pfill

Question

shred and heavy cal are both hyper meta mods that are trash on the latron prime and I hate it. It needs to use crit aka it needs to headshot . I'm considering a status/crit build but I know itll be trash.

I'm just getting into endgame ish stuff now and I hate the latron prime because my amprex, with only a potatoe (unlike my 3-5 formas on latron prime) is more effective in combat. I just run rifle amp and rifle scavenger for it, and heavy cal is ezpz on amprex since you deal plenty bodyshot.

So what mods do I need to make latron prime fun? I was considering dropping heavy cal for a riven or argon scope but i'm not spending 200 plat to save this gun.

14 answers to this question

Shred trash? HC yes, but Shred is practically mandatory for it.

Elementalsx2 (corrosive, your choice 90% or dual stat), Serration, Split Chamber, Vital Sense, Point Strike, Shred, and the important part, a Riven with at least 110% crit chance; crit damage and multishot are your two best stats after that. If you get one with -impact/-slash/-ammo max, you're in luck.

Being underused, the Latron Prime gets a fair Riven disposition. I've seen frankly insane ones that easily push the weapon to beyond top-tier. Sucks we have to rely on Rivens to make it amazing, but when you get that one Riven...it's oh so worth it.

Very few weapons are ever going to be as good as Amprex. Amprex is just ridiculously powerful (especially if you happen to have a Riven mod that boosts crit chance to 197%, hue hue hue). Latron Prime, or basically any other weapon, is just never going to be able to match Amprex in terms of bodies dropped.

So, I mean, don't try to do that. Recognize that Warframe is easy, and bringing Amprex to most missions (even sorties) is ridiculous overkill. Don't bring Amprex because it's powerful, bring it because it's fun. Likewise, don't bring Latron Prime because it's not powerful, bring it because you enjoy precision shooting.

If you absolutely must have a mega-overkill marksman rifle, get a Sybaris or Sybaris Prime (or Dex Sybaris, if you can wait till next April). Again, none of these options are going to be as powerful as Amprex, but you can deal out a boatload of single-target damage.

Or just use Latron Prime. It's plenty good enough for any mission.

1 hour ago, motorfirebox said:

Very few weapons are ever going to be as good as Amprex. Amprex is just ridiculously powerful (especially if you happen to have a Riven mod that boosts crit chance to 197%, hue hue hue). Latron Prime, or basically any other weapon, is just never going to be able to match Amprex in terms of bodies dropped.

So, I mean, don't try to do that. Recognize that Warframe is easy, and bringing Amprex to most missions (even sorties) is ridiculous overkill. Don't bring Amprex because it's powerful, bring it because it's fun. Likewise, don't bring Latron Prime because it's not powerful, bring it because you enjoy precision shooting.

If you absolutely must have a mega-overkill marksman rifle, get a Sybaris or Sybaris Prime (or Dex Sybaris, if you can wait till next April). Again, none of these options are going to be as powerful as Amprex, but you can deal out a boatload of single-target damage.

Or just use Latron Prime. It's plenty good enough for any mission.

^ this guy gets it.

Always loved latron prime. Ive always run it with a simple crit build with shred and elementals. No heavy cal. If the amprex has spoiled you in its room clearing capabilities, then no weapon is going to satisfy you. Even without a riven, that prime is more than enough to tackle most sortie missions with the proper element combo.

I personally do not like Latron Prime because it is single shot trigger, that is very hmm... not efficient because we have to click non stop. tigris famili have similar way to work but this weapon is killing things

21 minutes ago, Baterial said:

I personally do not like Latron Prime because it is single shot trigger, that is very hmm... not efficient because we have to click non stop. tigris famili have similar way to work but this weapon is killing things

Basicly this, such weapons got overshadowed by others by now.

Consider that Latron is old by now, it will be forgotten automaticly, its normal and DE can't balance every weapon out so all work the same or do same damage.

People who like it will still use it, i like one shot weapons but even myself stopped useing it after awhile since other stuff is just more efficient.

It still is a fun weapon in my eyes but can't force people to use it. Eather you stick with it for own preferences or listen to others and go with the Meta stuff.

3 hours ago, Magneu said:

Shred trash? HC yes, but Shred is practically mandatory for it.

Elementalsx2 (corrosive, your choice 90% or dual stat), Serration, Split Chamber, Vital Sense, Point Strike, Shred, and the important part, a Riven with at least 110% crit chance; crit damage and multishot are your two best stats after that. If you get one with -impact/-slash/-ammo max, you're in luck.

Being underused, the Latron Prime gets a fair Riven disposition. I've seen frankly insane ones that easily push the weapon to beyond top-tier. Sucks we have to rely on Rivens to make it amazing, but when you get that one Riven...it's oh so worth it.

I substitute in Argon Scope in place of the Riven, but that's because I actually have one.  Sure you need to land consistent headshots, but that's easy with Latrons.

To my eyes, Latron Prime isn't a great Crit weapon. It's not bad, but Point Strike only gives it 37.5% Crit Chance. Argon Scope and Critical Delay can boost that to 64.95%, but to me, that's not great for a weapon you want doing most of it's damage through crits. A Riven can boost that even further, but to me, that's an unwelcome bit of RNG to make it a crit weapon. Overall, I feel running it as a Crit weapon is more about shoring up it's weakest area rather than taking advantage of it's strengths.

Personally, I have mine built for Status. The four Status/Element mods alone give it an 85% Status chance. After Serration and Split Chamber, you have 2 slots left to use how you want. I threw in Hammer Shot, bringing the Status chance up to 95% before Multi-Shot, but haven't figured out what I want to do with the last slot.

4 hours ago, (PS4)watt4hem said:

It has a 7x crit multiplier without riven, how is that trash? With headshots it becomea 14x, and it has a fair amount of ips. It's a preccision weapon, not much you can do about that

I will admit that I haven't run Latron Prime as a Crit weapon. Partly because of it's higher Status chance, and partly because the only way I can boost Crit chance is with Point Strike. Also, I dislike relying on Rivens to make a build usable. There's so much RNG associated with them (getting one in the first place, having it unveil for the right weapon, getting the stats you need) that telling someone that you need a particular Riven to make the weapon usable isn't much better than telling them to abandon the weapon.

Anyway, both this post and my last one are just my views. I don't claim to be the foremost authority on Warframe; I'm just offering my views as input.

5 hours ago, (Xbox One)D34thst41ker said:

I will admit that I haven't run Latron Prime as a Crit weapon. Partly because of it's higher Status chance, and partly because the only way I can boost Crit chance is with Point Strike. Also, I dislike relying on Rivens to make a build usable. There's so much RNG associated with them (getting one in the first place, having it unveil for the right weapon, getting the stats you need) that telling someone that you need a particular Riven to make the weapon usable isn't much better than telling them to abandon the weapon.

Anyway, both this post and my last one are just my views. I don't claim to be the foremost authority on Warframe; I'm just offering my views as input.

I can totaly relate on the topic of riven there. The only guns i put rivens on are mk1-braton, mk1-kunai, panthera, and drakgoon and make them op

On 6/4/2017 at 1:59 AM, (PS4)watt4hem said:

It has a 7x crit multiplier without riven, how is that trash? With headshots it becomea 14x, and it has a fair amount of ips. It's a preccision weapon, not much you can do about that

Huh? Latron Prime crit multiplier is 2.5x, where are you getting 7x?