Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Conclave Populated?

cosmic307

So, I am new to Warframe and decided to try out the pvp mode, however, I can't find a match with more than 1 player. I think pvp is a great idea because it keeps players interested while waiting for new pvp content. My overall question is, is conclave dead and if so is something being done to revive it?

PvP was always a "side" alternative to the main PvE aspect of the game. To answer your question, no it's not very populated.

They do make special PvP events from time to time but the feedback they received was pretty negative.

It can sometimes be difficult to find a match, depending on your region and game-mode of choice, but it's not dead.

As a rough guide, If you're not in the North America or Europe matchmaking regions you might like to try switching to one of them (depending on the time of day), since they're relatively populated. Increase your ping limit as far as you're willing to – both this and your matchmaking region can be altered from the 'gameplay' section of the options menu. Annihilation and Team Annihilation are generally the two most populated modes.

Incidentally, since you're here you might like to check out this guide to help you get started with PvP. Good luck!

I wouldn't call conclave dead, however, the number of people who regularly play it is a very small portion of the playerbase, and the number of people who might be playing it at any given time is quite low; even at peak times there's probably no more than two or three instances of each gamemode playing out; possibly a few more instances for FFA mode.

If you're just starting out in conclave, you may have recruit conditioning on; this will place you with other players who are at a low rank in conclave, which may or may not affect how many people the game can put you in a match with. You can turn this on or off at will until you reach rank 2 with teshin. However, I will say that if you turn it off, you will be matched mainly with veterans of conclave; while very few people play conclave, the few that DO play it do so regularly, and are thus much more experienced than anyone just starting out in conclave. Chances are, they'll wipe the floor with you. That said, it will probably get you into a match, which is the first step in gaining experience and standing in the conclave.