Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This Game is Boring

artemisfortune

I've played this game long enough to not get hyped over things.

It all looked pretty cool until they said they wanted to get away from scaling, which is just short of impossible for any long term solution.

Time will tell I guess.

1 hour ago, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

Well, few, remember that time I mentioned how Warframe needed open world and archwing in the open world? Me neither....

Um this was a big request. People have constatnly been asking for Open World and I have seen posts where people discuss putting Archwing in normal maps.

On 7/3/2017 at 3:10 PM, AperoBeltaTwo said:

The problem with current Warframe is that it tries to become Destiny-like with quests and linear progression. Which is all kinds of dumb - it's like dumping the game's primary advantage into the garbage. What advantage? Warframe is built to be random.

Except they are still doing ranomization for their mission maps.  
And as the devs pointed out that map was expanzive which they have been pumping content into for players to explore.
You wil also get random encounters in the open world. Remember Skyrim? 
This also opens the gate for more planets (like Mars and the Moon) to have open worlds that have entrances to mission maps (dungeons) that could be random on the inside.
This is an opportunity to flesh out the world and provide worth while content for us to explore.
They can put all kinds of lore in the open-world (without quests) through exploration. 

On 7/3/2017 at 3:10 PM, DatDarkOne said:

Considering that you are paying for it up front, it should.  I will put this one in the personal preference category because to me Destiny is a FPS and I don't like most FPS games.  Other thing is that to me Destiny was a poor copy of Borderlands 2.  

Warframe is neither of these things.  

as @AperoBeltaTwo said Warframe is a horde shooter with space magic. Which is pretty much what Destiny is. Main difference being that Warframe has some parkour mechanics.

On 7/3/2017 at 8:39 AM, Retchid said:

you need to go play Destiny for 3 years then appreciate how bad DE's competition is

Main difference being that Bungie has the resources and used Destiny 2 to attack most, if not every, issue people had with the first game.

Warframe is F2P but it is still a game and therefore competing for our attention and time. Destiny coming to the PC does mean Competition, but it also means people who play Destiny might check out Warframe and vice versa. 

On 7/3/2017 at 0:41 PM, Culaio said:

What I would want to see is for each faction to fight differently, for example:

Grineer - large amount of (cannon fodder) soldiers 

Corpus - smaller number but of more advanced robots, less enemies to fight then grineer but harder to fight thx to more advanced technology

Infested - should be much more dangerous faction, then currently, faction that gives of 'horror' feeling(and I am saying it as person who is bad with horrors, I dont mean that there should be jump scares which I hate, I simply mean that they should feel like a faction that was created to fight against sentients), kinda like xenomorphs(alien) or zerg(starcraft),  instead of being treated like just another faction they should be more like nigh-unstoppable force, any battles won against this faction should be felt like great success in preservation of people we tenno protect but at the same time people in warframe universe should feel like they are still on brink of extinction from this faction. In a way I would want this faction to feel very lovecraftian, a danger coming from the stars.

Would be great to see those Corpus soldiers who hit us with batons get replaced with worker bots.

As for the infested I would like to see them expand with their infestation evolution.
First stage infected look asymetrical and like disfigured version of existing enemies.
Second stage isinfested original creatures who have bodies that are more advanced and are ther own thing. Like the Juggernaut
Also would love to see the Normal Humans added to the infested ranks. Imagine a scary fast infested enemy 

3 minutes ago, Legion-Shields said:

I haven't played in over a year or two, but from what I remember Stealth is pretty much impossible when you're playing with randoms. That does put a pretty big limit on the number of ways to approach most of the game's content.

This is why I have said in the past that DE should look at re-doing their Parkour and center level design around it.
Give Us more vents to sneak through. Interconnect the map with vents and railings

4 minutes ago, Legion-Shields said:

I haven't played in over a year or two, but from what I remember Stealth is pretty much impossible when you're playing with randoms. That does put a pretty big limit on the number of ways to approach most of the game's content.

Stealth without invisibility is just shy of impossible now, period.

In attempts to nerf stealth farming Focus points they made legitimate stealth play a ludicrous concept.

Just now, Iccotak said:

This is why I have said in the past that DE should look at re-doing their Parkour and center level design around it.
Give Us more vents to sneak through. Interconnect the map with vents and railings

This game could perfectly lend itself to a Metal Gear Solid-type experience. I know in the past people used to solo missions just so they could stealth it, but what if players were given harsher penalties for allowing themselves to be detected in public games? The game as a whole offers plenty of room to up the skill ceiling in areas not related to stats and levels.

3 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Stealth without invisibility is just shy of impossible now, period.

In attempts to nerf stealth farming Focus points they made legitimate stealth play a ludicrous concept.

that's too bad. One core issue I think Warframe has is that the fast-paced action conflicts with the RNG-farm side of the game. On the one hand, you progress by grinding for new toys. On the other hand, the faster you pace something the quicker it begins to burn you out. This is why I'm so excited for the new open world update DE has just revealed. This could make slower, more deliberate gameplay a reality again.

Edited by Legion-Shields

2 minutes ago, Iccotak said:

Um this was a big request. People have constatnly been asking for Open World and I have seen posts where people discuss putting Archwing in normal maps.

And as the devs pointed out that map was expanzive which they have been pumping content into for players to explore.
This also opens the gate for more planets (like Mars and the Moon) to have open worlds that have entrances to mission maps (dungeons) that could be random on the inside.
This is an opportunity to flesh out the world and provide worth while content for us to explore.
They can put all kinds of lore in the open-world (without quests) through exploration. 

as @AperoBeltaTwo said Warframe is a horde shooter with space magic. Which is pretty much what Destiny is. Main difference being that Warframe has some parkour mechanics.

Main difference being that Bungie has the resources and used Destiny 2 to attack most, if not every, issue people had with the first game.

Warframe is F2P but it is still a game and therefore competing for our attention and time. Destiny coming to the PC does mean Competition, but it also means people who play Destiny might check out Warframe and vice versa. 

I, and a few others, have been asking for this for like three years now, back when other players were talking about how DE couldn't do it, and how they shouldn't do it, and how that would make it a different game, and how that would require a new engine, and so on, and so on. I was just specifically referencing this thread, where I kind of was the one to bring up the idea of both open world and archwing as combat air support.

5 hours ago, Iccotak said:

Would be great to see those Corpus soldiers who hit us with batons get replaced with worker bots.

As for the infested I would like to see them expand with their infestation evolution.
First stage infected look asymetrical and like disfigured version of existing enemies.
Second stage isinfested original creatures who have bodies that are more advanced and are ther own thing. Like the Juggernaut
Also would love to see the Normal Humans added to the infested ranks. Imagine a scary fast infested enemy 

I think that some corpus technicans with batons(prova) for self defense would make sense being here and there one corpus maps, doing they own stuff until tenno shows and and using baton to protect themselves but they should never main force.

I agree completly with you about infested, I would also like to add that I would want infested to also try different tactics, like trying to ambush players, imagine walking to empty room, not a single red dot on map, and then suddenly you see, one then second then third , more and more pop up on radar all around you but you dont see anything then suddenly you see infested units coming out from walls, floor and ceiling, attacking you from all direction.

Also since infested take over area with their biomatter, I think it would make sense if their biomatter created organic traps in the area, like floor opening up below you only to reveal huge teeth that bite you if you fall in, or tentacle hanging from ceiling that if touched by play pulls them up to bite  huge mouth or something like that(idea inspied by Barnacle from half life game)

8 hours ago, Iccotak said:

Exploration of what? It's just a huge empty space that you'll get to know as the back of your hand in a couple of hours. *sigh* DE went and done it again. Adding more content to a game without a motivational structure and without a core gameplay is ridiculously dumb. This open area is basically one mission that will be populated by lvl 20+ enemies. That's it. It looks cool in the demo, but that's just your imagination - not the actual thing. The actual thing will be just a huge empty space with fetch quests at most. Warframe is not a f@cking mmorpg. *sigh* I'm tired.

3 hours ago, AperoBeltaTwo said:

Exploration of what? It's just a huge empty space that you'll get to know as the back of your hand in a couple of hours.

Again they very clearly said that that's not it's all going to be. Of course you're not gonna show you the whole space at Tenno-Con.

They don't have the time and, as they said, it's still something they're working on.

Adding more content to a game without a motivational structure and without a core gameplay is ridiculously dumb.

Digital extremes is trying to build the game. They're working on creating worthwhile content for players to do rather than just endlessly grinding. 

And what "core gameplay" are you referring to, we have shooting we have mobility, we have an environment, it's not a huge change to do side quests for people on the planet. Going to be frank, you don't really know you are talking about.

It looks cool in the demo, but that's just your imagination - not the actual thing.

"M8" seriously,  go take your cynicism somewhere else. Because that's all you've been. You're constantly cynical, it's pretty clear that you have no hope for this game ever becoming something more than what it is.  And it only took you a year to reach that point.

Warframe is not a f@cking mmorpg.

Except it is. 

I by no means think of war frame is a perfect game and that everything is just fine, but I'm constructive in my criticisms and I'm not just going to wallow in his endless cycle of cynicism that isn't going to amount to much other than some angry rants on the forums 

12 minutes ago, Iccotak said:

Except it is.

Warframe is a coop horde shooter with space magic. RPG means role-playing game. There is no role to play - unless you count operator as a main character. DE are trying to turn Warframe into a completely different game, and it is dumb because it will require just as much resources as making a new game from scratch. And obviously they'll just drop it half-way through as they did in the past with pretty much all other additions to the game. This is incredibly wasteful and plain out stupid. Ugh.

12 minutes ago, Iccotak said:

I by no means think of war frame is a perfect game and that everything is just fine, but I'm constructive in my criticisms and I'm not just going to wallow in his endless cycle of cynicism that isn't going to amount to much other than some angry rants on the forums 

It doesn't matter at this point. They've went and done it. There's no turning back now. When hype withers out, you'll realize that there will be no core gameplay updates from now on - DE just won't have enough time for gameplay overhaul. This "open world" black hole is the direction where we're going now. If only they had played their own game, ffs. This is so silly.

Edited by AperoBeltaTwo

12 minutes ago, AperoBeltaTwo said:

Warframe is a coop horde shooter with space magic. RPG means role-playing game. There is no role to play - unless you count operator as a main character. DE are trying to turn Warframe into a completely different game, and it is dumb because it will require just as much resources as making a new game from scratch. And obviously they'll just drop it half-way through as they did in the past with pretty much all other additions to the game.

Also it again. The open beta we got four years ago was just that, and open beta. It was by no means a complete product  and they never intended for it to stay in the endless cycle of just shooting in Corridor maps farming for junk. 

They always intended to introduce role-playing aspects. They always planned to put in a story, it's just that at the time they didn't have the resources to do it. Now they have the resources and support they need. 

I think that you have been consistently underestimating digital extremes, their vision, and that you have no real idea what you're talking about. 

12 minutes ago, AperoBeltaTwo said:

This is incredibly wasteful and plain out stupid. Ugh.

You know what else is incredibly wasteful and "plain out stupid" being this cynical.

Go do something else with your time before you give yourself a headache, if you have not already.  

Edited by Iccotak

28 minutes ago, AperoBeltaTwo said:

"Leave if you disagree." gj.

That isn't even remotely close to what I said. And fact I even pointed out that it's OK if you disagree. 

What I did say is that if you're going to be this miserable while playing the game or being on the forums; then leave

if you are not going to be constructive with your disagreements, feedback, and criticisms; then leave.

Again plenty of us here, including myself, criticize the game all the time. We just don't spend our time trashing the developers and putting down other members of the community.

Edited by Iccotak

2 hours ago, AperoBeltaTwo said:

Warframe is a coop horde shooter with space magic. RPG means role-playing game. There is no role to play - unless you count operator as a main character. DE are trying to turn Warframe into a completely different game, and it is dumb because it will require just as much resources as making a new game from scratch. And obviously they'll just drop it half-way through as they did in the past with pretty much all other additions to the game. This is incredibly wasteful and plain out stupid. Ugh.

It doesn't matter at this point. They've went and done it. There's no turning back now. When hype withers out, you'll realize that there will be no core gameplay updates from now on - DE just won't have enough time for gameplay overhaul. This "open world" black hole is the direction where we're going now. If only they had played their own game, ffs. This is so silly.

This open world SHOULD be the core game, imo.

55 minutes ago, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

This open world SHOULD be the core game, imo.

To make the world itself the core gameplay requires Bethesda level of effort investment. DE can't do that. You can not just turn a game of one genre into a game of another genre on a whim. Especially not into an open-world story-driven game. Open world requires a ton of work an writing and takes years to develop. That's why most MMORPG don't bother with proper worldbuilding and just settle on fetch quests. And as seen in the trailer, DE would probably pick the same route. "Kill 90 grineer bombards".

Edited by AperoBeltaTwo

:cynical: 

You have found a DEAD END!

Dead End:

Most games has it, unless you want to do the same thing over repeatedly and not die of boredom, you might just be running around at the END of the ROAD!

Seriously, it what most game does, pay set amount finish it. 

Blah Blah Blah.

3 hours ago, JSharpie said:

I will say, as a skeptical player, after seeing that they're adding the open world I wasn't too impressed but am excited about the possibilities. If done right we could see some improvements. It just takes time to see what they do.

Yeah I keep mistaken "open-world" and keep mixing it with "sand-box". Pretty sure OWorld is literally an sanbox that has the feel of Environment? Nope, sorry, I don't think I met any huge successful Open-World.(Even Bethesda might be too smart to risk that).

Edited by DesFrSpace