Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Snipers feedback

_Absolom_

As much as I've been doing my best to like snipers since their rework(forced scope, zero accuracy if shooting without zooming in, wonky UI that makes you dizzy), I just cannot for the life of me enjoy them. The fast-paced gameplay does not go well with the new sniper system: what we had before the rework was fine as it is. Simple zoom over your shoulder, just like with any other primary or secondary, and no accuracy loss if fired without zoom.

In my opinion, that system should return in order for snipers to adapt back into the game's speed. Practically forcing the players to keep a huge distance and lose overview of the entire situation just to land a shot on an incredibly unpredictable running AI soldier is just not good.

A simple suggestion would be to make sniper scopes optional. Let us choose whether we want a scope or an over-the-shoulder zoom. Put back the hip fire accuracy to what it was before.

Throw your stones, people. How are you enjoying snipers as they are now?

Simple, they are not made for fast-paced gamepaly that much, you will sue them in like capture, rescue etc at most.

Or hell back then you had to be careful actually and shooting precise with zoom would had been welcome to quickly kill several enemys.

If it not fits oyur palystyle not use it, it is a Sniper, simple as it si, same reason expldoign weapons all do self damge, even Tonkor now.

Its simply suppsoed ot maek some sense, space ninajs or not, Snipers can be powerful so they have those drawbacks.

I'd want an option on whether the zoom while aiming resets to its default level or stays the way we last aimed. I sometimes prefer the default zoom level on my Vectis Prime and only zoom into its second level when enemies are further away. And I'd rather have the zoom automatically reset once I've stopped aiming as the fast-paced nature of the game requires me to move around alot and pick enemies off quickly. I find it bothersome sometimes having to press the zoom button again to reset the scope level before I stop aiming which also wastes precious time that could be used for sprinting away.

Or at least, let us adjust the zoom while not aiming using the alt fire, so that I can readily set my scope at its appropriate zoom level before aiming to pick targets off. And would also solve the other matter above. And have an indicator on the lower right or at the crosshair that indicates the zoom level so we know what level we've set our scope on.

Edited by Knightmare047

I enjoy snipers a lot, especially Vulkar Wraith for some reason. Things that irks me are forced bonus on scope level and combo reset on miss. Sure, it rewards accuracy, but I feel that it should only reset on time between hits. Most snipers reset the combo on reload anyway.

The issue with snipers is merely reflective of the age old issue: Unsatisfactory Game-play, lack of reward for proper execution, the result of poor game balance.

A Sniper in the context of the game today is wholly worthless. You can enjoy this type of weapon, but in Warframe it does not provide proper reward in compensation for the difficulty of using it. Eliminate one Grineer Bombard, or any other target of opportunity, and be swarmed by either more or by the endless horde of Lancers, Troopers, Scorpions, and other peon enemy types. This is only made worse by the fact that other weapons are just as equally capable of eliminating said Bombard, while also being good at eliminating the extremely common type enemies.

Want satisfactory Sniper weapons? Automatic weapons and other flexibility mechanics would need to be definitively weaker in regards to Heavy Unit types, regardless of damage types, status effects, or ability effects. By common terminology, Pistols, SMGs, Assault Rifles, PDWs, LMGs, and anything of the like must not be able to reliably deal with heavy targets. I don't want to hear any such nonsense as 'Bullet Sponges'; you should be preparing contingencies for what you may go up against, and you have 7 (not counting Gear slots) different tools to deal with a scenario, plus the accumulated tools of other Tenno in your squad, there's absolutely no excuse for not choosing something to supplement your weaknesses.

There's no way to buff Snipers, there's only a way to make them more purposeful, and that way is to make more room. If something can do its job and more, it's not going to be very rewarding to use it. Likewise, fumbling around with the ways in which the game handles its scope and zoom functions is not going to make them better to use.

Edited by Krion112

I've found myself enjoying the Vectis a lot recently.
The only complains that I have are the following :

-Multishot screws up the stealth counter.
Not having multishot decreases the potential of the weapon when compared to any other type of weapon so you can never really do as much damage and status chance as you'd expect.

-Combo on sniper resets on a miss.
I can understand wanting to reward accuracy, but given the timer it becomes very stressful to attempt and keep the bonus going on as you "Explore" the map and attempt to actually make use of the long-range scope. ( Want more time? Waste a mod slot, lower the snipers potential yet again )

I find snipers to be really effective in Stealth runs due to the forced scope, however being forced to put "Hush" on a weapon that isn't really beneficiary in any other type of game play is kind of a downer... Another wasted mod slot.

I don't think I should complain that much, even with the worst modding you can still one-shoot like 99% of the starchart content with a headshot. ( Sortie excluded, sooooo excluded ) but it still feels wrong that I'm forced to down-grade my build that much just to make it playable.

Edited by (PS4)XxDarkyanxX

4 hours ago, Soulswipe said:

As much as I've been doing my best to like snipers since their rework(forced scope, zero accuracy if shooting without zooming in, wonky UI that makes you dizzy), I just cannot for the life of me enjoy them. The fast-paced gameplay does not go well with the new sniper system: what we had before the rework was fine as it is. Simple zoom over your shoulder, just like with any other primary or secondary, and no accuracy loss if fired without zoom.

In my opinion, that system should return in order for snipers to adapt back into the game's speed. Practically forcing the players to keep a huge distance and lose overview of the entire situation just to land a shot on an incredibly unpredictable running AI soldier is just not good.

A simple suggestion would be to make sniper scopes optional. Let us choose whether we want a scope or an over-the-shoulder zoom. Put back the hip fire accuracy to what it was before.

Throw your stones, people. How are you enjoying snipers as they are now?

I've been asking for the removal of the hip-fire accuracy nerf since its introduction. If we can hip-fire all would be well.