Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quit The War Within?

Andenova

Question

Hi,

is there any possibility to quit the questline for The War Within and do it later if you have started it yet? I'm not able to get through the second part with the metallic worm and I'm really tired of trying after getting eaten 20 times.

Alt + F4 does not work.

Thx for answers in advance.

14 answers to this question

No. You've passed the point of no return and cannot quit at this point. 

After you pursue Teshin on Sedna this happens:

From the wiki:

At this point, players are asked via a prompt whether they want to continue into the Fortress or not, warning them that mission access will be restricted once they proceed, meaning that players will be unable to abort the mission or change equipment from that point onward. Quest will be in Solo mode from that point as well.

In case you haven't figured it out, you need to stand on the rocks in order to avoid the worms. Though they don't tell you immediately, you can hold shift to dash even when your operator is limping. Wait until the worm is far away before attempting to run to the next platform.

Spoilers ahead

Spoiler

Once you've obtained void dash and the invisibility, the challenges become trivial. Void dash slightly upwards to get slightly more distance with each dash, and spam the dash ability in rapid succession in order to clear large distances

I encourage you to watch youtube walkthroughs, and not get frustrated. Those parts can be really annoying, but it will be really rewarding once you get through, and if you watch a tutorial, it's actually not that hard -- just annoying to do if you don't know the routes already, etc. 

A couple tips to start though, the worm things do have movement speed, and distance they have to travel. Watch the bones snaking around, and move when they are farthest away. You have to jump between the rocks. In one of the rooms, one of the rocks you stand on starts to sink, near the end, you will want to quickly go from that rock to the end. I really recommend watching a tutorial though. You will find it lot less frustrating after that I think. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

4 hours ago, bowiespoon said:

In case you haven't figured it out, you need to stand on the rocks in order to avoid the worms. Though they don't tell you immediately, you can hold shift to dash even when your operator is limping. Wait until the worm is far away before attempting to run to the next platform.

I had issues with this part of the quest. The operator's void powers would sometimes misfire, and other times not work at all. It was very frustrating. The game told me to do something, but all to often that something simply didn't work. I didn't requires 20 shots at it like the OP, but it was far from smooth sailing non-the-less.

For the OP. Check for the operator void powers and key binds on the Warframe wiki and make sure you know what is what. Leave nothing to chance. As I remember it, having done this a month ago, I had to aim slightly upwards to get the required range from the void dash.

Edited by Kihana

I'm guessing its the very section with it?  Frustrating to say the least, don't jump, it actually slows you down, or at least that's what I found.  Pay attention to where the maw is before you go to run to the next rock.  That's the hardest part of the quest, or at least it was for me, once you get past it, you will be fine

The Maw does in fact have to travel a distance, so try running when it's far away. If this is the first Maw encounter you just have to make sure you run at the right time. If it's the second time, then dash into the air to get more distance from your dash.

Also, it might help if you got some rest before doing the quest. It took me awhile to get through that part and it was 2 AM for me and I was kinda tired.