Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Twitch Prime Promotion

1 minute ago, Zanchak said:

The whole idea of frames being made available this way is wrong, in my opinion. Cosmetics, fine.. frames? No. Not even at all.

Gives chance to those who don't have Frost P. However, I guess it's a slap in the face who farmed for him OR bought him as vault access or prime access.

why not @Zanchakits similar to prime access pay money get frame instantly.  yes there is a free trial but some people have used it for other things that have come out through the same program.  It is also another set towards twitch integration that DE has talked about in the past. People that have twitch prime but dont have warframe may check it out bc they have a shiny new thing and a free frame to start with.

3 minutes ago, chaosmatcher63 said:

Gives chance to those who don't have Frost P. However, I guess it's a slap in the face who farmed for him OR bought him as vault access or prime access.

I both farmed him out when he was available and bought the prime vault (for the cosmetics) and i don't see it as an issue.  Frost prime especially bc he is a important frame to have for most players and he isn't available currently or in the near future (excluding this of course).  Similarly if anyone does have an issue with this frost prime rerelease then i feel like they would have an issue with any unvaulting pack that comes out as well bc someone farmed or payed for the original release

2 minutes ago, RNDM9999 said:

why not @Zanchakits similar to prime access pay money get frame instantly.  yes there is a free trial but some people have used it for other things that have come out through the same program.  It is also another set towards twitch integration that DE has talked about in the past. People that have twitch prime but dont have warframe may check it out bc they have a shiny new thing and a free frame to start with.

Well mostly because it takes it outside of where you (typically) get frames which is in game or via the site here, not via some other site that needs cc details. I dislike when things are spread in a million places when theres already a perfectly good place to find them right here. I understand spreading the reach but it should remain to cosmetics, not things that actively influence the game, like frames, if that makes sense. Too, my housemate is slightly pissed he paid to support DE in buying frost access and now its being thrown at anyone with a credit card for free. They seem to forget their old players in favour of new lately which I find somewhat distasteful.

Just now, RNDM9999 said:

I both farmed him out when he was available and bought the prime vault (for the cosmetics) and i don't see it as an issue.  Frost prime especially bc he is a important frame to have for most players and he isn't available currently or in the near future (excluding this of course).  Similarly if anyone does have an issue with this frost prime rerelease then i feel like they would have an issue with any unvaulting pack that comes out as well bc someone farmed or payed for the original release

Good point.

4 minutes ago, Zanchak said:

Well mostly because it takes it outside of where you (typically) get frames which is in game or via the site here, not via some other site that needs cc details. I dislike when things are spread in a million places when theres already a perfectly good place to find them right here. I understand spreading the reach but it should remain to cosmetics, not things that actively influence the game, like frames, if that makes sense. Too, my housemate is slightly pissed he paid to support DE in buying frost access and now its being thrown at anyone with a credit card for free. They seem to forget their old players in favour of new lately which I find somewhat distasteful.

Yes it takes outside the normal places to get frames but to say it would "influence the game" is a bit of a reach he is obtainable ingame already as well as many players already have him.

As to people who are pissed they had to pay to get him and now hes free he was always free. WF is  a pay to rush game you pay prime access so you dont have to farm and build frame, you "pay" for twitch prime so you don't have to wait to farm and build him. 

Yeah, I'm not a fan of this...

previously Twitch Prime was not available Australia (it is now apparently) so I'm sure there are many ppl excluded.

And it's also annoying from a self-centred point of view as I have a few Frost P. sets up on the market I was hoping to start selling soon... but now the Frost P. is basically free...

Doing deals with 3rd party organisations for limited items will always be a S#&$ty way to do things I think... just an opinion I guess though.

Edited by Carnage2K4

45 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

my suggestion is to go get a debit card. They're pretty great.

Until someone hacks your bank and gets your card and PIN numbers and wipes your account... (happened to a friend of mine. It wasn't an enjoyable experience for him.)

1 minute ago, pnellesen said:

Until someone hacks your bank and gets your card and PIN numbers and wipes your account... (happened to a friend of mine. It wasn't an enjoyable experience for him.)

If your bank got hacked it was a crap bank to begin with, if they also didn't have an obligation to fix the situation so you are not inevitably harmed... then it's almost laughable to have chosen that bank in the 1st place...

34 minutes ago, RNDM9999 said:

You can also have more customization options. 

18 minutes ago, pnellesen said:

If they got your card, pin numbers, and account information, you weren't a responsible bank account owner.

Edited by JSharpie

47 minutes ago, RNDM9999 said:

Yes it takes outside the normal places to get frames but to say it would "influence the game" is a bit of a reach he is obtainable ingame already as well as many players already have him.

As to people who are pissed they had to pay to get him and now hes free he was always free. WF is  a pay to rush game you pay prime access so you dont have to farm and build frame, you "pay" for twitch prime so you don't have to wait to farm and build him. 

He is pissed because his desire to support development actually meant something to him, so having it thrown to anyone and their dog for free seems distasteful, and Im of the same thought. As I said, cosmetics are one thing, frames are quite another. As for influence I just mean insofar as cosmetics dont add anything, frames/weapons etc add XP and anything that does that should stay here, not start being farmed outside to 3rd parties. It just doesnt sit right in my head. Whats next? Exclusive frames that bunches of countries can't get purely cause of a pay method (as an example)

17 minutes ago, (Xbox One)OTF SERENiTY said:

I don't think people should obtain frost this way. It seems kinda weird. He's vaulted and this promo raises controversy.

Thoroughly disagree. It raises controversy only if you're petty. He was the first ever obtainable prime, I think it's fitting.

On 6/23/2017 at 1:59 PM, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

So I figured it out. Sign up for Amazon prime, (Since I already had Amazon prime I just had to create a twitch prime account.) create a twitch Prime account, link them. Then I went here:

https://blog.twitch.tv/twitch-prime-members-get-exclusive-prime-loot-in-warframe-137b3ae4dbdb

To link your twitch Prime account to your Warframe account. 

About mid way down you will see a link to link your Warframe account to twitch prime account.

After you login in it should access your twitch prime account. 

It was a bit complicated. 

doesn't work for me. I sent an inquiry to Amazon themselves and they said that because of regional restrictions, my country can't get twitch prime.