The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur has a weird pink thing on him!

DonHoliday

Question

I'm just trying to make a nice universal colour scheme for all my Warframes and I notice Excalibur has some weird pink thing on his neck ... I'm sure it's there for a reason but I just haven't got a clue! 

Needless to say I'm seriously confused, check it out unless you can tell me what is is already? 

That's a Cyst.

In 7 days it will fully mature. Then you can either go to the Helminth room behind the infested door and have it removed, or use it to make a Helminth Charger pet at the incubator, if you have a Kubrow egg. If you make the charger, the cyst will grow back. If you remove it in the Helminth room, it will be gone permanently.

Edited by Archeyef

Duuuude you must be new here huh? :)

This thing is called Cyst. It grows 7 days and after that you can use it on your Kubrow egg to create Helminth Taran (new infested Kubrow).

If you are again get infected you can always cure your self in infested room on your ship (by sitting on the chair) - this is a little spoiler so... :)

Once it's fully grown, you can head down to the infested door on the left side of your ship and have it removed. It'll be fully grown when you can visibly see a "hair" drifting from it. Usually takes a week.

Also: Nice color scheme.

Warframe0023.jpg

Just now, 20DarkWidow90 said:

you played a infested mission and got hit. so you need nidus you fix that.

no... he needs to wait 7 days to fix that...

Nidus can go in the room without restriction but he can't drain other frames' cysts - they have to do it on their own which takes 7 days before the door opens.

Just now, DonHoliday said:

Well I guess that's what happens when you come back to a game after years ... Any reason why it's on Excalibur (and now seems to have actually spread to Chroma, Saryn P and Mag for some reason ... 

You played with another player who was infected, or you simply played with someone who was running with Nidus.

1 minute ago, DonHoliday said:

Well I guess that's what happens when you come back to a game after years ... Any reason why it's on Excalibur (and now seems to have actually spread to Chroma, Saryn P and Mag for some reason ... 

Frames that haven't had a cyst before can contract one from the public. Once it gets removed, they're immune to the cysts. So it's a matter of dealing with the unsightliness until it can be removed.

Someone who was infected by it (or a Nidus) touched you and now you are infected too. Please go to the nearest infested room on your Orbitor and get an injection to cure it.

Note: The gross little thing needs to first sprout a tentacle and get bigger before it can be curred, untill then pls consider quaratine so we may one day stop this plague.

2 minutes ago, DonHoliday said:

Did you recently run a mission where a squad member was Nidus? If so, that frame got infected. It seems that once one of your frames is infected, it spreads to the rest in your arsenal.

Just now, (PS4)abbacephas said:

Did you recently run a mission where a squad member was Nidus? If so, that frame got infected. It seems that once one of your frames is infected, it spreads to the rest in your arsenal.

Hello? Are people reading the thread? Do people pay attention to the game? Any infected frame can spread it, not just Nidus.

I feel so lost in Warframe now it's crazy XD I remember back when I thought I was amazing just copter-ing through void missions pressing 4 occasionally! Now there's so many new Warframes I don't even know what they do ... But one seems to run around playing "Another one bites the dust" which, seems pretty damn epic. So much so I might've bought her XD

Just now, DonHoliday said:

I feel so lost in Warframe now it's crazy XD I remember back when I thought I was amazing just copter-ing through void missions pressing 4 occasionally! Now there's so many new Warframes I don't even know what they do ... But one seems to run around playing "Another one bites the dust" which, seems pretty damn epic. So much so I might've bought her XD

If you're new to Octavia you might wanna peruse this thread: 

Just now, Gadgez said:

If you're new to Octavia you might wanna peruse this thread: 

Will do! Thank you :D And honestly, I've always had a problem choosing a "main" frame to use, I loved Saryn but I really want to move away from ... mash the 4th ability :3

Nidus by himself doesn't infect others, the Nidus would have to have either deliberately gone in the room and been violated by Helminth's chair, or been infected by playing with infected players like any other warframe. Any infected warframe is infectious, in missions, Bazaar, or Dojo; as others said; removing the cyst by forcing the chair once the cyst is mature will remove it for now but draining just resets it its invisible state and starts over.

15 minutes ago, DonHoliday said:

So ... Just to clarify, this thing isn't anything bad or to worry about? On top of that, if it's not bad should I now do my best and pass it on to others and make them freak out too :D?

it just ruins fashion frames...nothing to worry about unless you want to figure out why DE decided to introduce space pimples into the game

Just now, Magicfingers said:

it just ruins fashion frames...nothing to worry about unless you want to figure out why DE decided to introduce space pimples into the game

Got it! Time to run some Earth missions and hopefully freak out a bunch of new players :3

11 hours ago, (Xbox One)R3d P01nt said:

From the video, it looks like the cyst if fully matured.  You can either leave it, cure it, or create a Helminth Charger.

Does it :o? I've only just noticed it, but now that you mention it, there is a little hair sticking out of it :L I'll give it a look tomorrow, really want a Helminth Charger!