Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[SPOILERS] Man In The Wall

Ethatre

On 29/06/2017 at 1:50 PM, Sk3iter said:

i think i missed him is there any chance of him coming back?

Yes, I missed him the first time as well, but today I saw him again. They can appear in multiple places. I've heard them appear on the codex, on the market and on the scanner, but for me they appeared behind (or to the left, depending on what way you're looking at it) of the scanner.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I seems to be akin to the transmissions back then before second dream (I got one some time(like a few months? maybe two...) ago) as it appears randomly and freaks people out. Just as those transmissions did.

Now the question is, is this just a residue, or is it a foreshadow for a major plot event/quest?

If you have no idea what I'm talking about:

Edited by Drejzer
added the message

• 4 weeks later...

So i was playing a bit Warframe, after the lates hotfix fort plains of eidolon, witch "said" something like:

We fixed a door that doesent get open at your ship. i was curios about that, i headed to my ship and walked with my frame.. 

and at last with my operator... in front of the "Nidus" door i triggered this, he appeared with sound and some white smoke, my heart stopped for a while..

sneeky little f*****

7uyx3Ag.jpg

infroi

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

ok im seeing a lot of people speaking about this mysterious possessed tenno in their ship. but im confused since i completely chains of harrow and the apostasy prologue and have yet to see this phenomenon. does anyone have a definitive idea of what the trigger is?

3 minutes ago, hainscat said:

ok im seeing a lot of people speaking about this mysterious possessed tenno in their ship. but im confused since i completely chains of harrow and the apostasy prologue and have yet to see this phenomenon. does anyone have a definitive idea of what the trigger is?

4 minutes ago, hainscat said:

It's pure, fraction-of-a-percent RnG upon entering your ship.

Keep your ears open to slightly different atmospherics (sounds)...I often hear before I see.

I had a clanmate say there is a possible bug out there that stops the RnG but haven't seen any confirmation on that.

• 2 months later...
On 7/2/2017 at 2:19 AM, kyori said:

Don't think too much into those as most are just made so that players has something to related to (now a lot of players just go around typing rap-tap-tap meaninglessly isn't it? lol)

Also, from the comic, Rell seems to be abandoned by other Tenno when they're still in Zariman nor as children not yet as Warframe users yet... so how does Rell has a Warframe and knew transference?

So a lot of stuffs still doesn't make sense. Things are now made just for the game sake so don't think too much about it. 

what comic? the comics i have didnt come out til the ghouls dropped. makes no mention of Rell

• 2 months later...

So I'm guessing from what I read no one else has had the music stop in the void and heard the rhythmatic rap tap tapping coming from the different walls in the void?
No? Just me?
Happened during an ayatan hunt today and I was getting some loot in a loot room calmly because no enemies where spawning. I heard the rap, tap tap in the walls after that. I doubt it's an autistic tick anymore. It's a legit thing.

Spoiler

Also doppleganger has new dialouge after sacrifice; he talks about how you killed issah and that's how you remember it and how its good that you do.

Edited by Tellmeninetails

On 2018-06-17 at 10:09 PM, Tellmeninetails said:

So I'm guessing from what I read no one else has had the music stop in the void and heard the rhythmatic rap tap tapping coming from the different walls in the void?
No? Just me?
Happened during an ayatan hunt today and I was getting some loot in a loot room calmly because no enemies where spawning. I heard the rap, tap tap in the walls after that. I doubt it's an autistic tick anymore. It's a legit thing.

(spoilers - removed by me)

Hey uh that’s very spoilery you might want to hid that part.

i already watched a play though so it didn’t affect me but others won’t be kind.

i also haven’t heard any sounds like that and I’ve been to the void quite a bit.

Edited by (XB1)SirenaSib

Fixed. 
And it definitely happened. I was in a loot room like the one in the side rooms right before extraction, I hung in there for a bit because no enemies where spawning and I realized that instead of music I heard a sound like a knock or a tap rhythmatically three times in a row over and over, each tap was coming from somewhere else, I couldn't specify the location so it sounded like it was coming from the walls. It was definitely intentional, but if no one else is getting it maybe its a random event?

48 minutes ago, Tellmeninetails said:

Fixed. 
And it definitely happened. I was in a loot room like the one in the side rooms right before extraction, I hung in there for a bit because no enemies where spawning and I realized that instead of music I heard a sound like a knock or a tap rhythmatically three times in a row over and over, each tap was coming from somewhere else, I couldn't specify the location so it sounded like it was coming from the walls. It was definitely intentional, but if no one else is getting it maybe its a random event?

i guess this is DE telling us that the man in the wall will have a huge impact on the story

• 1 month later...

I think that DE has actually put ALOT of effort into coding the RNG for this thing. It never shows up for me unless I don't expect it. However, I think that there might actually be some things that the code can pick up on that gives it a higher chance.

I've noticed that he doesn't show up often for me. It's just a sad truth. I've wanted to study him for a while. However, (This is common knowledge by now) if you replay Chains of Harrow, he has a guaranteed spawn chance. He will appear randomly as well after you play the quest for the first time.

There is a guaranteed spawn after The Sacrifice as well, but I can't seem to pinpoint when it is. It seems like it's when you log in for the first time as Umbra. It's not immediately after you complete the quest like Chains of Harrow, but it is a fixed event. However, it has triggered for me when playing as my boi Volt Prime, so I don't know what triggers it. When playing as other frames he still says his standard line, but when playing as Umbra or Volt, he said his special line. The only thing that I think could trigger the difference is that Volt was the frame I used for the quest, or that maybe it's because he has the Umbral mods equipped. 

Anyways, it seems like the game collects information on the way you're moving. I know this will make me sound like a conspiracy theorist, but hear me out. When you're distracted, your movements are generally less precise and don't exactly flow well. When you're in a rush, they're quick and exaggerated. When you're relaxed and in the zone, they're quick, but also precise. I could go on a little more, but my point is, the game could be collecting info on how you're moving to try and determine your level of focus. It can also probably collect info on how focused you are based on how many missions you're doing. (Jumping to the ship and back over and over again, doing endless runs for a while, coming back in, doing stuff, going out again, etc.) Using this info, it can probably tell if you're likely to run back to the Operator room and mess with Focus, for instance. (I often jump back to Operator to upgrade Zenurik if I got Focus during my last mission. It's almost a fixed occurrence, so it's possible that the game has collected this info and is using it.) 

Based on what your current situation is, (Jumping to the ship and back, wandering the ship, etc.) the game might actually spawn The Man in the Wall. He seems to spawn more often when I'm jumping in and out of the ship. It's easier to spook you then because you're focusing on what you're doing, not on wandering the ship and checking for all signs of abnormal occurrences. You're in a hurry, so if he could just snag your attention real quick, then leave, odds are it will leave you a little disturbed.

I know, it's probably too good to be true, but it just seems, to me, that he shows up when I least expect it so much more often than when I expect it that it can't just be chance. It seems like DE has actually put some work into his spawn chances so that they can give us the best spook possible.