Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[SPOILERS] Man In The Wall

Ethatre

I'd already taken to using Void Entity to describe it back during the War Within. I tend not to attach the word "God" to things. That word holds a lot of baggage. The Man in the Wall works too. Fine name for it, whatever it is.

Edited by Mints

3 hours ago, 16Bitman said:

Here's the wallman greeting me in my orbiter

A video for anyone who missed him.

What the...? I don't know how stupid I have to be, but I never noticed my Operator sitting there with black sclera. I only heard the voice and frantically looked around my ship, somehow missing the child that was right next to me.

I replayed hte quest and took screenshots this time.  Sadly she was gone by th etime my Operator got there.  I'm guessing this is related to Rell's 'man in the wall' that he seemed so concerned about.

Spoiler

dXNhysU.jpg

...and an up close look at the eyes...

Spoiler

Ub656RL.jpg

3 hours ago, KisaPrime said:

Did you not play the war within quest? 

Yes, but not recently, and I didn't see anyone else in the orbiter. Hence the comment.

Sounds like something got shortcut at the end of the quest on my playthrough.

47 minutes ago, Grimlar said:

Yes, but not recently, and I didn't see anyone else in the orbiter. Hence the comment.

Sounds like something got shortcut at the end of the quest on my playthrough.

Ah, I ended up doing the same on accident and went back to catch it. 

ok i did the quest again because i missed the kid and i took a screen shot with full brightness on i think (after judging my horrible fashion sense) you will see the difference between eyes of the 2 characters ?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma the one sitting on codex haves yellow glowing eyes just like what happened after the war withing quest after we drink kuva which is literally orokin blood and we know that tenno betrayed orokin and slaughtered them all what if kuva is one of the results (or causes) of this betrayal then this demon is some how connected to it and btw i don't think it is not the same entity as the one haunting rell i see this thing something like inside voice rell's version was dark because rell allready had problems with his emotions and the time passed by alone didn't help with it but there is something bugging me the way that thing talking to us "hey kiddo" like an old person so ll these makes me think this thing is old it is a part of tenno and it is neither on our side nor an enemy i think this thing is like a manifestation of our connection to void or maybe a way to communicate void as if it have consciousness (i remember something from war within something becoming sentient after getting exposed to void energy i don't remember correctly) but if i am rgiht the man on the wall is void itself (ty for reading and my english is not good enough to use punctuation sorry)

In the quest that red veil gurl said something about Rell drinking blood? Or something similar. In the war within if you drink kuva, you get that weird guy in your head, whom I presume to be the father. And in harrows quest Rell said while being possessed: 'dont take me away from me'. So I guess this guy is trying to talk to us in some way.

Just now, NINJA_SAHEL_SUPER_KAWAII said:

In the quest that red veil gurl said something about Rell drinking blood? Or something similar. In the war within if you drink kuva, you get that weird guy in your head, whom I presume to be the father. And in harrows quest Rell said while being possessed: 'dont take me away from me'. So I guess this guy is trying to talk to us in some way.

Regardless of what you do in TWW, you always end up hearing the voice, which I assume would be The Man in the Wall.

3 hours ago, NINJA_SAHEL_SUPER_KAWAII said:

And in harrows quest Rell said while being possessed: 'dont take me away from me'. So I guess this guy is trying to talk to us in some way.

I assume the "Don't take me away from me" refers to his Warframe. One of these 2 "me" is the Warframe and the other is the Tenno. 

What if rell is still alive in a way ?

In one Mission i just did he just started saying "it is to loud to think" or something and it was like a syndicate (with flickering lights and such) attack just before he started talking

Edited by Bocain3231

I'm pretty sure we got our own "Man in the Wall" the Void wich is now believed to be an entity altogether.

I believe, for now, that what we heard at the end of TWW is the Void speaking to us by the blood of Orokin. We did not hear it until now because Rell was between us. Protecting us from his madness.

I don't think we fight the Man in the wall at the end of this quest, i think it is just a disturbed Rell, a shadow of him corrupted.

But what we see in the Orbiter ? It's it. The man in the Wall. The Void. The Entity as old as Stars. OUR GO....Ahem, the one driving the Tenno to kill the the Orokin.

Now that Rell is no more, the void can connect with us fully yet again !~ Wonder if the next time we talk to Hunhow the VOid will say hi to him too.

I can confirm that replaying the quest will make you see your operator again as well as them saying "Hey Kiddo". the first time I played this quest I didn't see him but heard him then after replaying it and getting scared again (Great Quest btw!) I looked to the left after standing up from my nav console and then proceeded to scream in horror as my operators dark eyes just stared at me with a grin of evil. GG WP DE! :3

Kiddo = the Operator's dad talking. Nobody else calls you that.

Spoiler

Queen: The biomes had been sabotaged. The food stocks dwindled. Paranoia gripped your father's mind. What was it he said - as he stared out into the starless black?
Operator: Something's out there, kiddo... watching us.

I'd say your "evil twin" is a manifestation of the Operator's father's void twisted mind. Why their father? Because in an average family unit the father is usually the parent who pushes the kid out of their comfort zone, while the mother tends to be more protective of it. Guide versus Guardian. Now run those motivations through the void, where they get amplified by orders of magnitude, and you end up with a reckless, immoral wraith, while the love the Operator's father has had for their child has allowed it to latch on to the Tenno.

Now, who the man in the wall is seems like question we can barely answer right meow.

Edited by AuroraSonicBoom

The way I see it, Hunhow and this... Lidless Eye, Man in the Wall, whichever you like to call it, are probably meant to be the two main ones. Hunhow, the "destroyer of worlds" who (may have)commanded the greatest outside threat(although first produced here, assumedly) ever encountered and whose remaining brethren would be knocking on our door(Outer Terminus, most likely), and "The Man in the Wall", who was ALREADY HERE, but suppressed until now by a cast-out of one of our own kin, and is the hidden threat existing within the realm of dreams and... I forgot the second thing Teshin mentioned as we attained Void Dash during The War Within. Although the Lotus might not have entirely meant it like this, her words "The War Without, and the War Within" might have actually been an unintended representation on her part of these two threats, and we've yet to properly gauge either, but they both seem to be the stuff of nightmares for a lot of people.