Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chains of Harrow end...

WorstPlayer

57 minutes ago, BooFailScare said:

I just want some clarification on this- it creeped me the f*ck out and I don't really want it to happen again. Will it still happen randomly even if you haven't replayed the quest?

Nope you should be safe ^^

Until.... kiddo :devil:

6 hours ago, BooFailScare said:

I just want some clarification on this- it creeped me the f*ck out and I don't really want it to happen again. Will it still happen randomly even if you haven't replayed the quest?

From a week of playing I can say No.

Flashbacks during the War within quest seem to imply some male fatherish figure calling us Kiddo, Then at the end we get a guy talking to us based on Alignment with kiddo thrown in. I have so far referred to this entity as "Void Dad" and its possible that Rell may or may not have been keeping him at bay or we just stopped something else.

my heart is bleeding because of that and why our cool autistic guy rell had to die he was a really good person I ASK YOU DE Y U DO DIS Y U R.I.P D HIM WHYYYYYYYY well that quest whould have ended better you know like he whould live and say thanks btw it doesnt changes a thing right ill take a long time getting used to this heart breaking dark ending ty DE have a nice day 

and one last thing 

why it all had to end up like this man 

im autistic too tho 

Edited by Wraithsoul

The theme was fine for the quest  / back towards more darker roots of warframe..... but repeating the same thing over and over again for three missions was cheap.
Also the last fight was just a mess / operators got low energy and quite squishy.

On 7/5/2017 at 7:37 PM, SergeantSunshine said:

I've had it at least 3 times since I finished the quest. you get used to it after a while ... until it shows up hanging upside down and rocking back and forth 

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm not a big fan. I hate the idea of having this constant fear in our orbiters, which is supposed to be like our safe space in a way, but it's not a huge deal.

Like many people, I think that it's some kind of mix between the void and the operator's father figure. My friend and I dubbed it the "void daddy".

So.....

Its like my Operator:Yes

Its a new CINEMATIC QUEST Alert?:YES!!!

But its Margulis or Ballas (Its ballas for me) : Nobody knows

So Who is fake OPERATOR!?

Edited by sadikefedagci

I was about to do a High Risk Index credit farm and I am so upbeat and excited that I got a good squad together, but it was all ruined when naive me thought my operator ONLY appeared directly after the quest, nope, I press the Index:Endurance and hear "Hey kiddo" I almost flip my S#&$ and throw my headphones right into the wall. 

On 7/6/2017 at 5:19 PM, Ketec said:

The theme was fine for the quest  / back towards more darker roots of warframe..... but repeating the same thing over and over again for three missions was cheap.
Also the last fight was just a mess / operators got low energy and quite squishy.

I assume that, since then, you've watched the TennoLive stream from TennoCon?

On 7/6/2017 at 2:40 AM, ShadowmistProject said:

From a week of playing I can say No.

It will happen again...I've had clanmates see their doppleganger again in different areas of the orbiter. Some had it near the arsenal, others had it just outside the Transference room, or even inside the Transference room, peeping around the corner at the end of the doorway. I've gotten screenshots from them as proof.

• 2 weeks later...

Spoiler

E8931D19B569A4398C4863EEECCE3C01E4D5C89E

This is where my operator was on the ship. A second after that screenshot, I tried moving to get a closer look at his face, and accidentally went through him. When I turned around, he was gone. That seriously creeped me the F*** out. I just couldn't move or look away for the longest time.

At first I thought maybe this was something new, that the operator would roam around kinda, like Kavats/Kubrows. But then it spoke "Hey Kiddo" *shudders*

Edited by Shabach
I'm dumb and couldn't attach a picture right the first time. -_-

I had my Operator appeared again today. I don't have any screenshots, but I can recite what happened in detail...

I just got back from a mission in the Void. I turned around towards the Codex and walked downstairs to the Arsenal. I look around a little bit, help my Kubrow, do some modding, and I walk back up. I see my Operator sitting on the Market console looking at the Void outside. My Volt Prime walks forward and I think to myself, "Maybe this is something that came in from the Hotfix 30 mins ago? Maybe the Operator roams around until you switch to them." But then I noticed that my eyes weren't glowing the friendly green color they normally are... They're a bright, menacing orange color. I scream and nearly wet myself as I switch to the Operator. If this is about to be a boss battle, I can't go super fast while in my ship, so I use the Operator. (Better brute force than agility) 

I walk up to my console and I'm still sitting there. I'm seriously about to turn off the game now. My Volt Prime stands there as a protector and it's sorta comforting. I approach slowly. 

"Hey kiddo..."

Memories flood in. The War Within, the dark cave, the Golden Ma, destroying the Kuva... The end of Chains of Harrow. Was my Operator clone thing here too? I only remember hearing someone say "Hey kiddo", and nothing more. I approach hoping for some kind of interaction option. I didn't know if I'd even interact since it's so creepy, but it's worth seeing if it's an option. Nothing. I walk back a little bit and try to see from a different angle, but after walking behind my Warframe, it's gone.

So now I have to ask myself, was this random? Or did I do something to trigger it? Was the last mission of Chains of Harrow in the Void? I'm in the Void now, so maybe this is a variable in the equation. But something struck me as the same even if Chains of Harrow didn't end in the Void. I'd just completed Chains of Harrow when it happened the first time, but now, I'd just finished the last mission I hadn't finished in the Void... Maybe this is the beginning of the end?

Anyway, what I got from this creepy interaction, was that my ship is haunted. There has to be a way to enter without damaging anything since the Stalker did it in the Second Dream, and now my creepy clone did it too. But what caused it? This was my first time seeing it happen, so surely I triggered it somehow. The only thing I could think of as a constant variable was the end... The end of Chains of Harrow, the end of my Void campaign. So is this the end? If it is, the end of what?

Edit: This last bit was meant to spark your curiosity and get us thinking. I don't know about the whole "This being the end" thing. It is creepy though... I really hope that this has something to do with the next cinematic quest. I love creepy stuff, especially if it makes it hard to sleep at night. Also, I finished my Pluto and Neptune campaigns and the creepy me didn't respawn, so I don't know if the end theory is correct. Maybe these just weren't far enough along in the game to count? I can try on Eris and Sedna and see if creepy twin respawns.

Second Edit: I did Chains of Harrow again just because I was bored... And i felt like doing something scary. Just for fun. When I finished the quest, the Man in the Wall returned. I got screenshots this time, and I don't know how to upload them... Lol. I'm such an idiot.

Edited by KelsierSurvivor
Science

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/29/2017 at 2:55 AM, -YoRHa- said:

That part was pretty unsettling and awesome.

Hide contents

QyRLAVI.jpg

DJJ75xa.jpg

I know this thread is old but I was curious as to the fashionframe of your operator. What face did you use? I really like the look. 

Edited by UmbraCorporation

• 2 weeks later...

Mine was hanging from ceiling... noticed when I walked out of the infested room.

I don't think this has anything to do with Chains, did you guys all drink the elixir after war within as well? The little episode my character had felt very similar to this voice... Also having my character hanging from ceiling on some wires like a monkey bar... creepy as F***.

7 hours ago, (Xbox One)PsychotiCrow said:

Mine was hanging from ceiling... noticed when I walked out of the infested room.

I don't think this has anything to do with Chains, did you guys all drink the elixir after war within as well? The little episode my character had felt very similar to this voice... Also having my character hanging from ceiling on some wires like a monkey bar... creepy as F***.

It is the same character that speaks to you, through you, from war within. Happens no matter the choice, just a slightly different "hey kiddo" line. Chains makes it manifest on your ship because its stronger now.