Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoilers] The Red Veil Knows Too Much

Constructman

In Chains of Harrow, the Red Veil turned out to know a LOT more about the Tenno than I previously thought, including Lotus's identity as a Sentient, the children of the Zariman, and knowledge of the Void that not even we are privy too. I can understand that Rell told them a lot about the Void, but how would he know about the modern Tenno aside from "survivors of the Zariman piloting Infested puppets"? 

I wouldn't be worried if the Veil was fully on our side, but considering they send death squads after about a third of the Tenno, I don't feel so confident. How are they not a massive security risk? 

Just like any cult I find it highly unlikely that their general membership is privy to these secrets. Outwardly the Red Veil is extremely vague about their intentions, speaking of a great purge to that will burn the corrupt from this system. It's likely that most of the Red Veil are anarchists and the inner circle are the real fanatics that know the truth. Considering how much of the truth the upper echelon of the Red Veil know I really have to wonder what the Arbiters must know given their fixation with Discipline and Truth.

threat wise, I could say the same for all other syndicates.

but its so weird  how can all these syndicates who despise each other just mingle together in the same building?

how could they ask for our help. when they clearly wanted to kill us five minutes ago?  

imo, de needs to reshape how the syndicates work in relation to its enemies. because right now its extremely not lor friendly.

This is a pretty big plot hole, yes. Then again, the quest is terribly vague. It doesn't explain anything about anything at all. DE marketed the quest as `learn the truth about the zariman` but it only told us about this one kid who got bullied and got stuck in a transference loop when permanently transferred into his warframe. His mind got corrupted by the void, something we already know the void can do. The void might be a living entity tho.

Even still, I find it interesting. Red Veil would not be affiliated with us if Lotus didn't both approve of them in some respect and allow it. For them to both know something like that, with so few that know anything of our and Lotus's nature speaks highly of the validity of their Seers. It also makes them an immediate priority if we ever have reason to question their alliance with us. Not even Alad V is likely to tell what he knows of us without a huge pay-off, Red Veil would be unlikely to have such knowledge off-hand or from intelligence reports.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)i7081277 said:

how could they ask for our help. when they clearly wanted to kill us five minutes ago?  

Considering how many Red Veil members I cut down in the process of the Quest at least I know why they continue to hate me afterward.

As a max-rank tenno with red veil i have no worries, there the arbiters and cephalon suda are the biggest "threat".

It would make sense to know "the thruth" since they had acces to a "diffrent" tenno, but still an operator knowing a large portion of the thruth.

It makes sense that they got to acquire this knowledge. Maybe now the lotus will view each syndicate in it's own way, leading to events of one major quest (possibly in the future) (third cinematic quest hell yes). Altough devoted to their own goals, the syndicates are all allies to her in the first place.

Lotus will: (spoilers for those who didn't complete the octavia's anthem, glast gambit and silver grove quest)

Spoiler

-doubt new loka for sticking to their rules of cleansed world, but that changed in the quest

-take a diffrent viewpoint on the perrin sequence on what she considers right with the ways of the myconians, but again, the player had a choice in there

-check on cephalon suda to make sure she doesn't get corrupted by hunhow again and try to get information out of her

-not underrestimate red veil for their knowledge, and thruth (they now more than her on certain matters), that was previously seen as a heretic edgy-tea cult

-not underrestimate the syndicates for what they might know/do that the lotus isn't aware of

Altough through replaying the war within quest and lot's of the previously mentioned quests, i can't help but notice how one-sided the lotus is at some times. Yes, she guides us like nobody does, but I am starting to question her ways, what she knows that we don't, and how she let's us affect the world. In this spectrum teshin, cephalon simaris and the syndicates are a relief, a possibility to think about stuff from another viewpoint. It allows us to balance even more, altough every "faction" has it's own (possible extreme) motives.

Edited by ironfirefist
slight correction

It raises the question if the Red Veil knew what we were before we knew what we were.

And if Rell even knew we lost our memories or the fact we were hidden away on the moon.

We follow and trust Lotus with our lives again and again, our knowledge of the world around us is limited to what she wants us to know. That's why I like space dad (Teshin), he calls her out on her secrets and exposes us to truths we wouldn't know of if not for him.

The Red Veil don't have an over-protective mom to say "no, don't go in there, you'll learn things, NO", just because we didn't know, does not mean no one else but the Lotus knows.

14 minutes ago, VisionAndVoice said:

I think by now half the system knows these things, what with you going in focus mode and floating around as ghostkid during the Index, or in the fight against Kela under the eyes and cameras, or whenever you leave someone alive on missions.

or D***ing around with Operator mode on earth playing Air hockey with the corpses of grineer troops...

Edited by McDuffMan