Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur exalted blade visual rework

Does anyone think like me that the exalted blade need a visual rework? I mean the current exalted blade is not bad, but it look more like a branch than a sword. It should be a one-handed sword like this one, or at least a skana just like Excalibur prime. As a main Excalibur player and a true fan of him, I'm deperately want this idea to come true.

p/s: this is the first time I post a topic and also I'm a foreigner, so please forgive me if I make any mistakes. Thank you!

Excalibur-fantasy-weapons-4278339-800-600.jpg 

58 minutes ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

You clearly haven't watched ''Fate/'', that's actually Excalibur...the sword I mean.

Cool.

Still doesn't change anything.

On topic, it's a blade of raw energy, it looks awesome. Having it look like every other sword would be pointless and lame.

Edited by (XB1)Graysmog

Here's an idea, why not let the developers choose the design for the ability visuals?

The sword Excalibur has been portrayed from being a long sword to what you've shown, a great sword in all sorts of media. I can tell you're a fan of Fate, but it's best to keep the ability different from it, even though both have "wave" attacks.

If anything, I think EB should look a bit "weirder". I mean, "blade of pure energy" means it can be crazy as all hell. Lightning mixed with flowing liquid pseudo-metal/stone wrapped in light. It's a "blade" forged from Void, that shiz should be eldritch. 

But on the topic of reworks. I wish EB would change shape/style based on what melee weapon you have equipped. So the current EB is with swords, nikanas and heavy swords. A spear weapon with polearms and staffs. etc. That'd be interesting. And to emphasize skill with the weapons, the ranged attack would be built into combos, just mashing E should not result a wave attack, which are also different based on weapon type. Standard blade type does the wave, spear type throws out piercing spears of light that punch through objects and weapons, pinning them even if they don't die. 

The question is, how much effort can DE afford to put into Excal. Sure he's the "poster boy", but DE has started to shy away from that in my opinion. They've got better things to work on. 

3 minutes ago, Lakais said:

If anything, I think EB should look a bit "weirder". I mean, "blade of pure energy" means it can be crazy as all hell. Lightning mixed with flowing liquid pseudo-metal/stone wrapped in light. It's a "blade" forged from Void, that shiz should be eldritch. 

But on the topic of reworks. I wish EB would change shape/style based on what melee weapon you have equipped. So the current EB is with swords, nikanas and heavy swords. A spear weapon with polearms and staffs. etc. That'd be interesting. And to emphasize skill with the weapons, the ranged attack would be built into combos, just mashing E should not result a wave attack, which are also different based on weapon type. Standard blade type does the wave, spear type throws out piercing spears of light that punch through objects and weapons, pinning them even if they don't die. 

The question is, how much effort can DE afford to put into Excal. Sure he's the "poster boy", but DE has started to shy away from that in my opinion. They've got better things to work on. 

It wouldn't really be a "blade" then, since Excalibur is known only for using swords and receives buffs from them specifically.

Agreed! It doesn't need to be a physical blade, but the shape of the energy blade can have some rework/redesign to make it look not like a branch.

Maybe DE can start selling exalted weapon cosmetics as an aux slot item?

Edited by Archonos23

Just now, (Xbox One)Graysmog said:

It wouldn't really be a "blade" then, since Excalibur is known only for using swords and receives buffs from them specifically.

*sniffs* Akshually! If you wanna get really technical, "blade" is just the sharpened edge of a piece of whatever. A rusty piece of metal with a sharp edge is still a "blade". Even if it's only good for prison shanking. 

But to be more on point, yeah it's just something I think would be cool. The concept does step on the toes of the likes of Wukong who has his own exalted weapon, even if it isn't called by that name. I still think the wave attack or the likes should be more varied and tied into combos. That way the waves could be something insanely powerful, but you need skillz to pull them off. 

Hmm... just thought.. what if certain combos did a version of Excal's other abilities. One combo did the flash, other causes a short range javelin attack. Just mix it all up and enforce the point that Excal is a master swordsman, the best that there ever will be. 

Just my own personal pies in the sky. He's DE's baby and they got their own plans. 

1 hour ago, ShadowStalker said:

Description says it a sword of pure light so making EB look like a real sword would be weird 

1 hour ago, SilvaDreams said:

It's a blade of raw energy... It doesn't need to look like one of Link's swords.

1 hour ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

You clearly haven't watched ''Fate/'', that's actually Excalibur...the sword I mean.

16 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Graysmog said:

Cool.

Still doesn't change anything.

On topic, it's a blade of raw energy, it looks awesome. Having it look like every other sword would be pointless and lame.

9 minutes ago, SurrealEdge said:

Here's an idea, why not let the developers choose the design for the ability visuals?

The sword Excalibur has been portrayed from being a long sword to what you've shown, a great sword in all sorts of media. I can tell you're a fan of Fate, but it's best to keep the ability different from it, even though both have "wave" attacks.

Yeah, I think I have made a misunderstanding here, my point is that the current EB is a little bit thin and look like a stick, it would be great to make it thicker. And beside the EB on Excalibur prime have the look of skana prime (if I remeber exactly), so is not so weird if the EB on the normal version would have some more sword look alike shape. ^_^

4 minutes ago, Archonos23 said:

Agreed! It doesn't need to be a physical blade, but the shape of the energy blade can have some rework/redesign to make it look not like a branch.

Maybe DE can start selling exalted weapon cosmetics as an aux slot item?

13 minutes ago, Lakais said:

^_^ this is exactly what I mean, thank you!