Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Weapons for Ultra Casuals?

(PSN)Unstar

Question

I've got a friend who is very new to video games, but really enjoys playing Warframe with me.  It's going to be years until he can reliably get headshots or play very evasively, especially because he doesn't play that often.

Recently he hit a bit of a wall.  Level 25+ content is a bit too stressful for him.  I'm sure that a significant part of it is that we need to find weapons that better fit his carefree (sloppy) playstyle.

I'm not interested in pushing my friend to get better or change in any way; rather, I want to support the way he currently plays by finding weapons that are well-suited for a toddler.

So what weapons would you recommend for players with low skill?  Thanks for all the help! :)

11 answers to this question

17 hours ago, (PS4)Unstar said:

They're MR10; I've had to complete several of their Mastery Tests for them.

I'm pretty much in charge of modding his weapons.  He's got a pretty good selection, and a good deal of them are leveled up.  Endo is limited, however, so mods like Serration are missing a few ranks.

Well, at mastery rank 10 you have access to all weapons in game except: 

Rakta Cernos , Sancti Tigris , Secura Penta , Sybaris Prime , Synoid Simulor , Telos Boltor , Vaykor Hek   Silva & Aegis Prime , Tigris Prime, Galatine Prime, Euphona Prime

Here are my suggestions, as you mentioned they are weapons that a toddler could use up till certain levels.

We are not talking about endless missions, just ease of use x kill rate.

- Primary:Boar Prime, Boltor Prime, Soma Prime

- Secondary: Akstiletto Prime, vaykor Marelok, aklex Prime

- Melee:Almost any. Depends on your preference. Atterax, Nikana Prime, Lesion... the list is huge

Atomos and Sonicor are fairly simple and don't really need much investment into mods to do work. Only problem is you'll need to take him to the void and farm some argon crystals and for the Sonicor, oxium as well.

My biggest piece of advice if you want to nurture that carefree style is to get him a Rhino, though.

Ignis is very easy to use. You don't have to aim a lot, just shoot in the general direction. Amprex works similarly.

Some long range melee weapons like Atterax, Galatine.

Encourage your friend to try things and experiment a bit though, they might find fun in something more difficult to play but build it for their preference!

6 hours ago, (PS4)lhbuch said:

What Mastery Rank is your ultra casual friend?

They're MR10; I've had to complete several of their Mastery Tests for them.

17 hours ago, (Xbox One)ThermalStone said:

This is Warframe: you don't need to play evasively or get headshots at all.  Check his mods.  Has he been ranking up the basic damage and multishot mods?  I'm guessing not.  That's probably why he's having trouble at level 25.  

I'm pretty much in charge of modding his weapons.  He's got a pretty good selection, and a good deal of them are leveled up.  Endo is limited, however, so mods like Serration are missing a few ranks.

Rhino. Dual Zorens unless running against Armor, Galatine always okay. Ingis, Soma, Sonicor, Kulstar (just let know about the self-damage). Rank up them mods, teach you friend to crit, or maybe Blast status (no always the best damage, but decent fun and opens up for ground finishers). Hope he has fun.