Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Warframe Themes would you to see?

Neo3602

5 hours ago, Wrum said:

spider lots of control with webs and maybe some stealth

Never thought I would see this. I would absolutely love a spider like frame. One of my favorite animal if not the favorite. But, it may trigger some arachnophobes lol. I guess Valkyr is the closest thing right now with the stringy thing, but not really a spider theme and it's pretty useless but at least you can have some fun trolling people with it.

40 minutes ago, Flashbinder said:

Cybernetic/Technomancer frame, that is all

Vauban is kinda like that.

Not like vauban but a pure robot frame looking like one and controling machines, a entrenchment, altillery frame you know a big cannon and a thick armor but when entrenched no mobility and lastly warframes were built with the intent to fight the sentients so a late war warframe with highly anti-sentient specs. That is what  would like to see.

4 armed arachnid or insect based frame that is able to rapidly traverse ceilings and walls, ideally with the ability to wield a set of dual melees and secondaries simultaneously. Yes, DE would have to figure out how to line up a frame's leg with uneven ceilings and walls, but that's why I want to see them make it happen. It would also open up possibilities for new mobs to do the same.

Personal bias suggests that I'd love to see my/something like my dear sweet Feynman over in the Pit.

Beyond that, I can understand the appeal of a bestial frame. Valkyr possess the rage of a thousand hateful souls, the "emotion frame".  Chroma is essentially joined at the hip to something between a Sentient and a Sentinal, Oberon is a lawful defender of nature himself (Smokey the Satyr?) but. . . what about something that is apart of that nature.

For some reason, I picture a quote by some guy with a legitimate Jamaican accent saying.

"Forget about all ya fancy machines an progress and tha comfots of civilization, the only way outta this one is pure raw survival (images of rippleing bestial flanks and rippleing muscle covered in armor scales and some downy substance) and the courage to fight (screen is ripped down the middle by a set of raw looking claw marks) tooth and nail to make it out the other side (fisheyed-lens view of something ripping sentients apart with sharp talons an gnashing teeth) (Warframe logo floats onto the screen before getting a similar claw slash down its length as an unearthly roar made up of a medley of animals shakes the screen) (link to website pops on alongside the additional information).

Beyond that?. . . . . Uh, I dunno, maybe something else plucked from humanities shared themes and myths?

21 hours ago, HalfDarkShadow said:

Bullet-Hell/Touhou/Armored Core inspired Warframe.
I want bullets to have bullets within bullets that hold bullets for the bullets' bullets.

#badassmissilebarragewhen?
giphy.gif

#doyouevenMesabro?
giphy.gif

#ohwhat'sthat? #couldn'thearyouovermysuperbullets
giphy.gif

I would can not say no to something like this.

Edited by Neo3602

Spider frame you say?

Mimic frame you say?

Well, here is something of a merge of both:

TL;DR:

Passive - Invis while wallclinging/wallrunning
#1 Mimic - Copy the first ability of allies, or the main ability of enemies.
#2 Hangman - Think Zenurik's active, but hanging enemies up in deadly energystrings. Stealthrelated and scaling damage.
#3 Possession - Fly into enemies and manually control them.
#4 Puppet Army - Temporarily mindcontrol multiple nearby enemies.

I need to find it again but there was a laser based concept I want in the game. Can't remember what it's powers are but would have to be distinctive enough from Mirage. And I'll second the explosive and Touhou idea. Just worry about Torgueframe scaling if his powers are damage based.

20 hours ago, Free_T-Shirts said:

Vauban is kinda like that.

In a general sense, Vauban's more of a trapper. As a technomancer has influence on technology, thus making it more cybernetic in a sense, but also like how Sentients can take control of technology and use against their enemies.

a warframe that is part weapon, as in they can transform part of their body into a weapon

sort of like what bastion does from overwatch, or what jhin does from league of legends.

but I guess to make it not a rip-off, give them some cool ordnance like an opticor with infinite punchthrough

an animal shapeshifter warframe that can do things like transform into a cougar and pounce or turn into a bird and fly.

a weaponmaster warframe with powers that scale with primary mods, secondary mods, and melee mods -all at the same time. and powers that change based on what your current active weapon is (so for example it does a sword cleave if you have a pistol out, but quickfires a gun if you have a melee out).

a body hopping warframe with possession based powers that can leap into enemies and assume direct control

I know it is never going to happen, but a frame based off of the three fates.

Name: Moirai - Three sisters.

Description: Three half sizes frames that each carry one of your weapons. You can actively control them by selecting the weapon they carry (M1 - primary, M2 - secondary, M3 - melee.)

Passive: Shared Fate - Each Moirai has their own HP/Shields/Energy. If one dies it immediately removes 1/3 of the stats from the remaining Moirai. A fallen Moirai will respawn after 10 seconds +5 seconds each time one dies.

Abilities: 

1 - Echo - The Moirai you have active creates a shade that does 30% damage but draws increased aggro
2 - Gather - Teleport all Moirai and clones together, doing aoe slow and increasing Moirai movement and attack speed
3 - Weave - M1 gains an aura that gives a heal overtime whenever a mob dies in its range, M2 does a single shot peacemaker-like ability, M3 does a taunt that increases armor based on number of mobs in range
4 - Omnioccular - Control all three from a vantage point (like titana razorwing), they follow you around as you fly through the level, attacking mobs. You can target specific mobs or an area that you would like them to attack using left click or right click. While in Omnioccular you can cast echo on Moirai, and using weave will make M2 use peacemaker clone one time per second until the duration is up on M3 Taunt (for the sake of not having to spam 3 while trying to control a pack of wild fates) 

Post Script

While this frame sounds complicated, it would allow DE to create system into the game for playing squads of units. Imagine a PVP mode where you controlled not a single frame, but a squad of Syndicates lead by an operator. It would create the framework for squad-based RTS in the warframe world, using the same engine and AI.  I've always viewed Warframe as a platform from which other game modes can emerge. 

Edited by Pyus

I'd really like to see a wizard/mage frame. We have a few different caster frames but they don't feel quite right. I've been running Harrow with Ferrox and aesthetically it's close but I want to be able to blast enemies with my skills not so much my guns. Bending the elements and destroying hordes with large and small spells that you could charge like the thurible for damage multipliers. Maybe have an exalted staff that modifies his other 3 skills and reduces cast time. Heavy damage and cc frame. If I were to base it off current frames think: frost ice wave style cc, ember fire blast (but good) , volt discharge or maybe an arcane shield that can convert damage to energy, Harrow style and thurible charging for more devastating abilities if you're willing to invest the energy, all in one. The charging will make the abilities inconsistent but it fits with the wizard theme of investing energy for greater results and will make all it's skills viable damage wise.

Frames based on dual elements?

Corrosive- haven't come up with anything yet

Viral- I guess there's already Saryn

Blast- Bomberman xd

Radiation- straight outta Chernobyl

Magnetic- You get to shoot crates at enemies. Like Gordon Freeman in HL2

Gas- poison cloud frame, or a frame made out of air

Edited by bichoi909