The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So when are we getting that auction house?

--21st--

Like...man come on I wanna just put it there and someone to buy it!

EDIT:Don't misunderstand me , I don't want diablo 3s auction house, I mean the tradin system like any other MMO (imagine star wars the old republic or archage, going to the console and puttng the things there) 

Edited by --21st--

Knowing how everybody on the forums are intend to prove how manipulateable and bad it could be, probably never:sad:

They look like the guys who are watching the TV hoping that the new president will ruin the country just so they can say they were right.

Just now, Miser_able said:

It was brought up, DE, and a large portion of the community, shot it down

Oh why?I have not been listening to news the last couple of years so I got no idea whats going on?Last time I heard it about it was "soon" 

Not standard, not since Diablo 3's auction house caused huge problems in the game.  In a collection based game like this,  you end up playing the auction house instead of the game.

If you heard anything, it was about a trade focused area, Maroo's Bazaar.  Not an auction house.

Edited by Phatose

Just now, --21st-- said:

Oh why?I have not been listening to news the last couple of years so I got no idea whats going on?Last time I heard it about it was "soon" 

I don't think they ever considered it being added so who ever told you it was soon was probably mistaken. 

Just now, Miser_able said:

It was brought up, DE, and a large portion of the community, shot it down

Lol, when does that happened?

I have never seen any AH topic where DE made a statement apart from the ususal "this thread failed to be respectful, im closing it"

Please show us that thread where they got shot down by the insane majority these forums have compared to the playerbase.

Just now, Phatose said:

Not standard, not since Diablo 3's auction house caused huge problems in the game.  In a collection based game like this,  you end up playing the auction house instead of the game.

I maybe wrong here but we do the same currently. We are litetally sitting in the dojos watfhing the trade chat mindlessly to sell our stuff for hours.

1 minute ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Lol, when does that happened?

I have never seen any AH topic where DE made a statement apart from the ususal "this thread failed to be respectful, im closing it"

Please show us that thread where they got shot down by the insane majority these forums have compared to the playerbase.

They said no during a dev stream not a thread. 

1 minute ago, Fallen_Echo said:

I maybe wrong here but we do the same currently. We are litetally sitting in the dojos watfhing the trade chat mindlessly to sell our stuff for hours.

Some do.  But a fair number ignore trade as much as possible because it's so inconvenient.  Keeping it this way means it's often more convenient to farm out an item then to trade for it.  Keeps people playing the game.

Also, remember that an auction house would make getting newly released primes convenient - and thus is likely to impact Prime Access sales.  DE sells convenience, so they generally don't want to make anything too convenient.  Better to make it just inconvenient enough that people don't stop playing, but the ones who can afford to pay are likely to simply to avoid the hassle.

Edited by Phatose

5 minutes ago, Phatose said:

If you heard anything, it was about a trade focused area, Maroo's Bazaar.  Not an auction house.

I spent more in trading than gaming, because we dont have an easy way to trade/find stuff.. this trade chat is a failure

Edited by Teshin_Dax

Just now, Teshin_Dax said:

I spent more in trading than gaming, because we dont have an easy way to trade/find stuff.. this trade chat is a failure

One player spending a lot of time in trade chat does not make it a failure.  It's spread over thousand if not millions of players, and DE will be looking at statistical data they don't release to decide if it works or not.  Given that they've opposed AH's in the  devstreams, seems they're OK with it.

2 minutes ago, Phatose said:

One player spending a lot of time in trade chat does not make it a failure.  It's spread over thousand if not millions of players, and DE will be looking at statistical data they don't release to decide if it works or not.  Given that they've opposed AH's in the  devstreams, seems they're OK with it.

Offcourse they're OK with no auction house...free flowing plat is not in their best interest

Edited by Madnuss