Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So when are we getting that auction house?

--21st--

Spiral Knights went downhill but their Auction House was perfect in my opinion. 

-Requires credits to post. Cost goes up if you post for longer duration (2 days max). Cost goes up as the price you choose goes up.

-Credits not refunded if not sold.

-Game keeps like 50% of the listing fee if sold.

-Obnoxiously priced items won't sell.

-Will normalize prices of things

-Sure, stuff can be abused but it is currently abused now (and a fookin' mess).

-You have to be standing in front of the AH to access it.

-Stuff delivered via mail.

*Could have multiple Auction Houses tied to Mastery Rank (ever 10...but maybe every 8 for now until MR 30 is obtainable.)

*Can have a Credit and a Plat Auction House

If you don't like the Auction House, trade chat/dojo/Maroo's bazaar will still exist.

Edited by Lanieu

3 hours ago, Miser_able said:

They said no during a dev stream not a thread. 

So the guys who can watch the devstreams and are much smaller in numbers than the minority here on the forums, managed to talk as the big majority and shot down the idea. Im sorry but if DE would really care that much of what an extremly small minority wants we would have been got the nerfed synsim much sooner.

3 hours ago, Phatose said:

Some do.  But a fair number ignore trade as much as possible because it's so inconvenient.  Keeping it this way means it's often more convenient to farm out an item then to trade for it.  Keeps people playing the game.

That only works for a limited time till they start to burn out due to unfair drop rates.

3 hours ago, Phatose said:

Also, remember that an auction house would make getting newly released primes convenient - and thus is likely to impact Prime Access sales.  DE sells convenience, so they generally don't want to make anything too convenient.  Better to make it just inconvenient enough that people don't stop playing, but the ones who can afford to pay are likely to simply to avoid the hassle.

They can easily fix that by giving it high mastery rank requiement or just temporarly make it unauctionable. I played an old chinese wow copy, whenever they released something new and fancy they "accidentally" patched it to be untradeable in the auctionhouse they left the tradechat aspect as is, but since it was a pita to use it people just waited till they decided to patch it back.

5 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

They can easily fix that by giving it high mastery rank requiement or just temporarly make it unauctionable. I played an old chinese wow copy, whenever they released something new and fancy they "accidentally" patched it to be untradeable in the auctionhouse they left the tradechat aspect as is, but since it was a pita to use it people just waited till they decided to patch it back.

Not sure that qualifies as a fix.  The AH would drastically reduce clutter for items auctionable in trade chat.  That means that trade chat would become a place for getting the newest items, with little clutter, making it convenient.  Not quite as convenient as having them AHable, but still enough to impact sales.  They might be able to make new primes untradable until their PA is over - but I expect the community would not like that at all.

Edit: Burnout can become an issue, thus the art to it is trying to keep it as inconvenient as possible - while just convenient enough that enough people don't quit to counteract the increased sales due to inconvenience.  Yet, using an AH doesn't really solve that, since they'd lower drop rates for the most in-demand items to counteract the effect the AH would have on demand for prime access.

That's all this comes down to.  DE sells convenience, so any attempt to increase convenience for free is going to impact their sales, and they're very unlikely to go along with it.

Edited by Phatose

instead of auction house how about Trade broker? its like auction but no bid system,

lets say you wanna sell "Oberon prime set" for 300p in Trade broker you can put item for asking price but buyout will double the price so instead of 300 its 600p for buyout,

while 300p is still neg if person wanna buy at that price or less but no less than -200 cause the system wont let you click "ok" the system only tells you if you wanna pay 300 down to 235 atleast not 200 or 150 or 210-230 is disable, ( it happen to Tera online i dont see economy killing each other... but... ) *shrug*

Edited by Guest
not price "prime"

10 hours ago, Arcainyx said:

Let's say DE was considering adding an AH to the game.  Don't you think both the good points and the bad points should be looked at?  What made AHs a success in the games you mentioned?  What made them a failure in games other people have mentioned?  How many of those things are specific to a certain game and how many of those things would apply to WF?  Do you really think the WF trading community is smart enough as a whole that what you say about that game would apply to a WF AH?

Before saying no it would be a good point to test it. The warframe market works similar like the auction house just not in game and you should check the fix prices there which is not really the nature of trading because the persons always wish to buy the cheapest item as possible. In warframe there is no so much expensive items which really should worth more than 100 plat but few peoples will trying to ask as much as much they can ask for an item which not worth the price. This can be filtered and ignored and only works in the real fixed prices so let's just say an unranked equilibrium cost around 10 plat if you wish a good deal. Some will sell for 5 plat others try to sell 15-20-50 plat etc. Depending on the seller. In an auction house there is nothing different only just you don't need to go to a dojo and wait for the personal contact and you can buy instant the item what you looking for. There will be scums aswell but who would be that idiot to buy a primed chamber for example 10000 plat? Or a more viable example an ammo drum when it fully maxed it cost maximum 2-5 plat. There is nothing extras in warframe only prime parts, prim blueprints and mods-arcanes. The trading option is limited and can be monitorized much better because there is much less items have than in the wow auction houses. Also there the two methold works fine because if you are looking for special items or just want personal trading contacts then you trade with that person who selling the item. There is also 50% the chance you scammed like we have now only depending on the traders and their prices. 

See if we would have fixed drops then everybody know where to go farm a specific item and the item prices would be fixed and you cannot sell it lower or higher only on thatfix price. In a random generated world and loot drop table every person have different luck and different experiences. What is for me common may be uncommon or rare for you. It needs time and "luck" to get items and this luck is rng. If we just kick out the rng part then everybody should get the items equal and the trading system maybe fall apart but then there is no real reason to own money or spend you money on this game. The RNG keeps peoples in this business because the loot is random to everyone. In an auction house this won't be any different just like in the bazaar the persons make their own shops and waiting for deals. This is an old fashioned trading methold and there is nothing different like in a AH only the methold but the prices goes the same. 

It is not wow where I could get 50k gold in a half hour selling "super rare" junks and stuffs. Only we can say if it is bad or not if DE implement it for testing and in one month they collect enough data about the trading behaviors. This won't happen not that's because too much effort need it only just because their business policy is different and they want to generate more money. If you want to buy something like a PA then others or you encouraged to buy platinum (often with discounts) to keep the economy alive. If noone buy platinum there is no trading if there is no platinum purchasing DE need to give away discoutns to try to get money. Also the vaulting is their tool to do this because most of the time the prime acesses are overpriced and not worth your money so they encourage peoples to farm it and trade the parts and with the vaulting they can oost the income becuse always will be peoples whom wants and item and buy it no matter what prices is. There are smarter peoples whom not buying items in the first sight or going to farm items or just waiting for the lowest possible prices.

The auction house just speed up the process not ruining the economy because those whom selling items with unreal prices slowly beign ignored or kicked out from the trade. Only need fix the prices of the items then the trade would be much better.

15 hours ago, Miser_able said:

Never. Get over it. 

^ It would bring huge problems down the line thats why it should never happen maro bazar is enough 

Tho i would liek to see huuuge place there 1000 tenno can sell stuff liek big map 

1 hour ago, Sziklamester said:

Before saying no it would be a good point to test it. The warframe market works similar like the auction house just not in game and you should check the fix prices there which is not really the nature of trading because the persons always wish to buy the cheapest item as possible. In warframe there is no so much expensive items which really should worth more than 100 plat but few peoples will trying to ask as much as much they can ask for an item which not worth the price. This can be filtered and ignored and only works in the real fixed prices so let's just say an unranked equilibrium cost around 10 plat if you wish a good deal. Some will sell for 5 plat others try to sell 15-20-50 plat etc. Depending on the seller. In an auction house there is nothing different only just you don't need to go to a dojo and wait for the personal contact and you can buy instant the item what you looking for. There will be scums aswell but who would be that idiot to buy a primed chamber for example 10000 plat? Or a more viable example an ammo drum when it fully maxed it cost maximum 2-5 plat. There is nothing extras in warframe only prime parts, prim blueprints and mods-arcanes. The trading option is limited and can be monitorized much better because there is much less items have than in the wow auction houses. Also there the two methold works fine because if you are looking for special items or just want personal trading contacts then you trade with that person who selling the item. There is also 50% the chance you scammed like we have now only depending on the traders and their prices. 

See if we would have fixed drops then everybody know where to go farm a specific item and the item prices would be fixed and you cannot sell it lower or higher only on thatfix price. In a random generated world and loot drop table every person have different luck and different experiences. What is for me common may be uncommon or rare for you. It needs time and "luck" to get items and this luck is rng. If we just kick out the rng part then everybody should get the items equal and the trading system maybe fall apart but then there is no real reason to own money or spend you money on this game. The RNG keeps peoples in this business because the loot is random to everyone. In an auction house this won't be any different just like in the bazaar the persons make their own shops and waiting for deals. This is an old fashioned trading methold and there is nothing different like in a AH only the methold but the prices goes the same. 

It is not wow where I could get 50k gold in a half hour selling "super rare" junks and stuffs. Only we can say if it is bad or not if DE implement it for testing and in one month they collect enough data about the trading behaviors. This won't happen not that's because too much effort need it only just because their business policy is different and they want to generate more money. If you want to buy something like a PA then others or you encouraged to buy platinum (often with discounts) to keep the economy alive. If noone buy platinum there is no trading if there is no platinum purchasing DE need to give away discoutns to try to get money. Also the vaulting is their tool to do this because most of the time the prime acesses are overpriced and not worth your money so they encourage peoples to farm it and trade the parts and with the vaulting they can oost the income becuse always will be peoples whom wants and item and buy it no matter what prices is. There are smarter peoples whom not buying items in the first sight or going to farm items or just waiting for the lowest possible prices.

The auction house just speed up the process not ruining the economy because those whom selling items with unreal prices slowly beign ignored or kicked out from the trade. Only need fix the prices of the items then the trade would be much better.

That is exactly what I was thinking when I made this post.

Looks like Devs already said in a devstream that they will never implement something like that. 

You see, they don't like things that work while you are afk. That's why they will never implement something like a queue for the foundry for example, because they want you to log into the game and you press the buttons.

And I really hope they never implement an auction house. It would be bad for the economy of the game.

46 minutes ago, ALEX_IV said:

Looks like Devs already said in a devstream that they will never implement something like that. 

You see, they don't like things that work while you are afk. That's why they will never implement something like a queue for the foundry for example, because they want you to log into the game and you press the buttons.

And I really hope they never implement an auction house. It would be bad for the economy of the game.

Okay first what the hell they gain from keeping people logging in? Lets say i try to bulk build 50 mutagen masses, is it better that i come online every day for 2 minutes then i leave?

Second how would it ruin the economy? Thousands of MMO's have auction houses and apart from some sorry examples none of them has crashed economy.

18 hours ago, Madnuss said:

Offcourse they're OK with no auction house...free flowing plat is not in their best interest

Keeping the market alive is in their best interest. If there was an AH I'd throw my 5 sets of everything up along with most other people and it would all be worth nothing. There's the new chat filters and third party websites at everyone's disposal, and if you can't get deals with those then an AH would barely help you.

10 hours ago, Sziklamester said:

...The warframe market works similar like the auction house just not in game and you should check the fix prices there which is not really the nature of trading because the persons always wish to buy the cheapest item as possible...

This is not completely accurate.  The seller wants to sell their item for as high a price as possible.  The buyer wants to buy their item for as low a price as possible.  That's the way it is everywhere not just in the Warframe Market.

...In warframe there is no so much expensive items which really should worth more than 100 plat...

Who determines the value of items in plat for Warframe?  Where are you getting these numbers from?

...This can be filtered and ignored and only works in the real fixed prices...

You would count on the people that play Warframe to filter and ignore the prices that aren't realistic in your opinion?

...The trading option is limited and can be monitorized...

Monitored by who?  The WF community?  DE?

...There is also 50% the chance you scammed like we have now only depending on the traders and their prices...

I've never seen this number before.  What is this based on?

...If we just kick out the rng part then everybody should get the items equal and the trading system maybe fall apart but then there is no real reason to own money or spend you money on this game...

What you say is probably correct.  As DE is making money at least in part from their use of an RNG system I think it's very unlikely this would ever happen.

An important point for not having an AH system still stands.  For DE to make large scale changes to the game it needs to be worth their time, effort, and ultimately their money.  There are too many reasons why I can't see DE creating an AH system.  All of those reasons relate to them losing money.

1 hour ago, Arcainyx said:

This is not completely accurate.  The seller wants to sell their item for as high a price as possible.  The buyer wants to buy their item for as low a price as possible.  That's the way it is everywhere not just in the Warframe Market.

Who determines the value of items in plat for Warframe?  Where are you getting these numbers from?

You would count on the people that play Warframe to filter and ignore the prices that aren't realistic in your opinion?

Monitored by who?  The WF community?  DE?

I've never seen this number before.  What is this based on?

What you say is probably correct.  As DE is making money at least in part from their use of an RNG system I think it's very unlikely this would ever happen.

An important point for not having an AH system still stands.  For DE to make large scale changes to the game it needs to be worth their time, effort, and ultimately their money.  There are too many reasons why I can't see DE creating an AH system.  All of those reasons relate to them losing money.

Part 1. correct peoples depending on the side want the best possible result.

Part 2. Items prices mostly derived by their trading cost. A platinum (one unit) cost 500 credit  and trading mods for example 2000-4000-8000 it is the cost for trading a mod which pretty much means the common mods around 4 plat (nobody sell common mods) uncommons are cost roughly 8-10 platinum plus - minus their rarity and "rng" luck while the rare mods costs 16-20 depending on the rarity "rng" luck aswell. The items value on wf market are almost the same but the warframe market not calculate the real rarity and chances of item drops but respectively their price is their trading cost. If DE will fix the drop tables and make the rare items and all items equal to relate with each other (so a rare mod have the same chance like another rare) then the prices can be fixed and then only depend on the kindness of seller or how much he/she want to get. This part also difficult to determine because then the DE need to remake the drops entirely.

Part 3. I am counting on the numbers, peoples can be fair and unfair in trade depending on personality but you always will listen the "real" offers. It is really personal dependant and both you and the seller wish the best result unless you got everything and you feel you want to help the other. I got for example a free prime set from a random because he wanted to be kind and he said he have already that prime set. This is situational and not common thing but can happen. Trustworthy peoples still there in warframe.

Part 4. The devs can monitorize the auctions with a limitation of trades, the price checking or a small amount plat deposit or trade tax. This part can be do in many ways and without trouble but as I said in my post there is very little amount of peoples whom willing to pay insane amount of plat for things which normally easy to farm. This can be solved by a tutorial or a forum segment to help newcomers and unexperienced traders what items can be sold and bought and which is the best price. +-5-10 platinum.

Part 5. That number is used as an example because you never know "unless you checking" all the time every item prices and sitting on the trade chat and waiting for an item price drop or price increase. Peoples ask as much money as much they can so the few trustworthy peoples whom you traded can be your base point to avoid scams or just ask help from your clan mates or friends. The thing is "currently I am lonewolf" so I am just trading when really needed but luckily I have almost everything so not really need to sit on trade chat. Also scams can happen accidentaly but with the recent changes the devs made the trading more safe so you can change your mind if you find that item too expensive. I am often giving more money for the items because I respect the time to level up and spent to grind it. 

Part 6. DE is making money from everything possible and for this prime examples the color packs, slots, prime access, items on market and stances, emotes too. Most items in other games are free and part of the characters. I never bought for example emotes and extra stances for my frames because I feel that money grab when you already own a frame and you cannot use a different stance when you already own that frame stance with owning a frame. Also the slots gives more space and these are not farmable and it is cash grabby. Same was the revives when they decided to make it free just limited per frame / day. Color packs also a hit on face because the lack of costumization and there is no so many items to use it and the colors should have be free for everyone because that is not that great thing. This is also an ugly free to play cash grab. Items are correct because you can farm them anyway except few items but most of them are available for you from the start but then we are going back to the slots. Selling slots is a convenient stuff and cheaper than the Wot slotting system but still ugly and limiting the peoples whom wish not to spend money on it. These things not really needed for the devs if they selling prime items via Prime access and selling platinum in the first place. They already have enough rescources to make some other things easy to get or just forgot to ask money for it. They know normally a person won't buy platinum without discounts that is a reason why they give discount to newcomers and some peoples whom actively spending on money on plat.

No need to defend them for they cannot make enough money but they cannot be bashed for making profit because everybody wish to make profit and the current audience is highly agree with this practice that's why turned the majority to be free to playish. I am old fashioned person and I prefer the old metholds because that is still enough profitable and if you make a good game which generate more buyer then you doesn't need to use microtransactions or make it but more wisely than we have in Warframe.

League of legends a good example was before their new owner ruined it because they let you farm the heroes you just needed to spend real money on small things and skins only. It is still a popular game and generate money like dota 2 because of the tickets and skins selling.

Free to play games generating more money than the old fashioned games but the old fashion games / once you buy you own it / was more fair with the player and still there is the option to refund if you played the game and find it buggy. Warframe no need money to spend but in reality it needs money to make the game viable otherwise it cannot be playable. If the game begins with that old fashion style and they ask 30 bucks for it but I could own the game and no need to spend money for slots and stuffs like emotes - stances etc then it would be a perfect game for me. If I want to buy skins then I buy skins and they could have been paid for it. They are happy because they have a blind hardcore fanbase majority whom agreeing with their decisions and no revolting when they do some mistake. Of course they can do mistakes they are same humans like us and they need also money to feed their childrens as I need to do the same (no have childrens).

So back to the auction houses if they can monitorize they can do the same as they did it and they can earn the same amount of money. I suppose they doesn't made a survey which option is better but mostly in their decision it was a huge part they want the old fashioned trading system because it fits more with this game currently. I still think they could add auction houses for those whom need it and the bazaar, dojo trading and an auction house could coexist well. I have a faith in the human intelligence and in peoples to not do blame auctions and keep it fair way. "The more you want the less you get" it says.

I am also aware your reply and thankies your last one. Any critic and suggestion would be welcomed.

On 7/6/2017 at 11:56 AM, -Temp0- said:

You genius don't realize how much it will cost you as a seller in the long run. Majority of common things will cost literally nothing and uncommon things like arcane helmets, rare arcanes, rare and event mods will cost even more than they do now.

I fail to see how an ability to bargain and get what you got for 50 - and what would normally cost 100 is a bad thing for players. With auction house you won't have a chance to bargain. You will have to pay 100 or gtfo.

more like the prices of everything thats farmable will drop, picture warframe market only much worse cuz its ingame now. Picture this, oohh look i just got this rare prime part or arcane, ill sell for 100p, person b comes along and also wants to sell that same item, sees that 100p and he puts his at 90 to get a faster sale. itd be nice for buyers but itd suck for traders. imagine farming an item for hours or days (literally however long it takes rngsus or lootcifer to decide to give it to you) only to see that you cant sell it for more than x, drop rates can be low, demand can be high but panic sellers and increased options (as now everyone can see every offer available) drive prices into the ground. then to whats to stop people from making fake accounts and artificially manipulating prices. you might say that having things cheaper isnt bad and true it isnt entirely so, but alot of players either dont or cant buy plat and they trade to earn it, and they are the ones who would be getting the short end of the stick in this situation. check the comments section of neoness trade chat videos, youll usually find people complaining about how low prices are on Xbox One and ps4 (pc isnt that bad yet thank god) and how it isnt worth farming for alot of stuff anymore and then youd find others who laugh about how they bought x set so cheaply in trade chat or on wfmarket. having an auction house would most assuredly make this worse. 

2 hours ago, Sziklamester said:

Part 2. -snip - Pricing plat costs related to credits

I've never heard that 500 credits = 1 plat.  Where does that come from?  Say someone else were to post here stating that they believe 10000 credits = 1 plat.  Who would be correct?

...peoples can be fair and unfair in trade...Trustworthy peoples still there in warframe...

In my experience people will be unfair more often than they will be fair.  Even the average person will tend to be looking out for themselves in sales rather then someone else. If unfair people are a large part of the community why give them influence over a trade system?

...The devs can monitorize the auctions with a limitation of trades...

Possible but I don't think this is likely.  What would DE get out of this?  If they do have gains are those gains worth their money?

Part 5. -snip- Response for scamming percentage numbers

That 50% is based on your personal experiences?  You don't have information or numbers from a website or a legitimate source of information?

Part 6. -snip- DE making money

DE is making money in ways that work for them.  People are buying plat and using that plat to buy slots, bundles, etc.  If they weren't making money they would change how things work until they were.  There are plenty of ways that they could be more 'cash grabby'.

...They are happy because they have a blind hardcore fanbase majority whom agreeing with their decisions and no revolting when they do some mistake...

DE is happy because they are making money.  They provide forums for many reasons but one of those reasons is so that they can make the changes they want to make the reasons they want to make them.  For better or worse they made changes to Tonkor, Telos Boltace, Miragulor, etc. based on player feedback.  I think if people were somehow able to get the same amount of posts and feedback for their changes as the amount of feedback we saw for those items changes would be happening more often.

@Sziklamester It seems like you want this a lot.  I hope you posted something about an AH elsewhere in these forums to discuss this with DE.  From what I've seen DE doesn't have much to do with what happens here unless it's against the forum rules.   Even then I didn't think forum mods were DE devs.

44 minutes ago, Arcainyx said:

@Sziklamester It seems like you want this a lot.  I hope you posted something about an AH elsewhere in these forums to discuss this with DE.  From what I've seen DE doesn't have much to do with what happens here unless it's against the forum rules.   Even then I didn't think forum mods were DE devs.

Not really bothers me the AH but in a lot game it works well and the less number of bad experiences about AH-s make it impossible to discuss on AH. Also the 500 credit 1 plat is when you put on a trade 1 plat then you get that 1 plat "price" as credits. If you aware and in your next trade you put 1 plat to test this you will see what I am talking about on.

Also you quoted minor parts from my long post and it feels you just wanted to find weakspots on my quote so I gently end this part here.

Huh. I thought the game already had an AFK market.

You mean to tell me those players trying to sell their junk in Maroo's Bazaar are actually sitting at their keyboards waiting?

Lmao.

17 minutes ago, Sziklamester said:

Not really bothers me the AH but in a lot game it works well and the less number of bad experiences about AH-s make it impossible to discuss on AH...

I have yet to see where an AH has worked well in the games I've played.  That being said I think a successful AH is possible and I believe people when they say they've seen it work well in other games.  I don't think an AH is impossible for WF successful or not I just haven't seen enough people get behind it yet.

21 minutes ago, Sziklamester said:

...the 500 credit 1 plat is when you put on a trade 1 plat then you get that 1 plat "price" as credits. If you aware and in your next trade you put 1 plat to test this you will see what I am talking about on...

I think I understand what you're saying here.  That part of trading is something I never watched.

22 minutes ago, Sziklamester said:

Also you quoted minor parts from my long post and it feels you just wanted to find weakspots on my quote so I gently end this part here.

You have numbers and opinions.  As part of this discussion I'd like to hear about where that information is coming from.  Once I know that I can decide how legitimate your numbers and opinions are.  I try to find out about most of the reading that's important to me whether it's discussions on the forums like this one or most anything else like researching builds for my frames, weapons, etc.  For what it's worth it's nothing personal/nothing against you - it wasn't my intention to stop you from posting.

14 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Second how would it ruin the economy? Thousands of MMO's have auction houses and apart from some sorry examples none of them has crashed economy.

All of those MMOs with an auction house have a different economy and progression schema than Warframe. 

Just because it works in one situation, it doesn't mean it'll work in another where all of the factors are different.

7 hours ago, Arcainyx said:

I have yet to see where an AH has worked well in the games I've played.  That being said I think a successful AH is possible and I believe people when they say they've seen it work well in other games.  I don't think an AH is impossible for WF successful or not I just haven't seen enough people get behind it yet.

I think I understand what you're saying here.  That part of trading is something I never watched.

You have numbers and opinions.  As part of this discussion I'd like to hear about where that information is coming from.  Once I know that I can decide how legitimate your numbers and opinions are.  I try to find out about most of the reading that's important to me whether it's discussions on the forums like this one or most anything else like researching builds for my frames, weapons, etc.  For what it's worth it's nothing personal/nothing against you - it wasn't my intention to stop you from posting.

Those numbers are just examples and observation or we can better say experiences. I am not deep enough in this subject but experiences and similarities in warframe and some another game indicate this could work well in warframe too but only before a test needs if the AH really could work or not. In warframe everything is a number and when you go to the stats you can see numbers and percents almost everything there  except the drop rate and the chances. On wiki you can find some hint what item can be dropped by a mob but the excat chances on what will happend and when i not there. Since warframe not works with fix numbers and chances only in the early frames have a little bit better chance to drop right but the game not prevent the multiple items drop in same time and often you need run much more because the "luck" always tricky and sometimes you given the 44x neuroptics when you just wants the system or something like that.

The trading is built around this rng and the prices also built around the rng. If the drops fixes then we shouldn't need really trade because you just need to go forward and progress and you fix get what you went for. Also there could be only cosmetics for trade and no mods, arcanes, prime items which basically means power.

Not sure about which AH could fit more for warframe pretty much warframe if ever will use AH then they need create a well suited one. I am no against and no with the AH for me this trading also okay because I am not trading so much, the trade chat and the separated chats are annoying but the devs choosed this way so this annoyance will continue. I see options and opportunities to make the game better and not only just in the trade side but overall they could do better but they do a lot of mistakes and not well thought implementations. Prime examples the half backed unfinished systems and systems which increase the rng - rivens, primed mods, annoying mobs which basically kill the chance to a - AI improving, enemy - armor scaling, mod system rework, damage 3.0 and damage mod changes. Basically it kill the option to rework the utility mods too.

Back to the trade. The Auction house itself not a problem, because it can be used good as well bad. The Auction house is a better form of trading only removes the personal contact which partly good partly bad because a lot of traders are mean or not kind enough. 

6 hours ago, Heckzu said:

All of those MMOs with an auction house have a different economy and progression schema than Warframe. 

Just because it works in one situation, it doesn't mean it'll work in another where all of the factors are different.

The first part is true but for the second part it is not an answer if in other games works well that no mean it won't work in warfame. 

You need to came up with examples and obvious if not tested in any game an acution house won't work properly.  You can say it only if it won't work if you tested but ofr that the devs need to develop a test auction house system.

4 hours ago, (Xbox One)OTF SERENiTY said:

I think talk of the auction house idea was brought to the forums by a few players' ideas. They gained popularity in the community, but as stated above, the ideas were quickly destroyed. 

This idea is brought up by many people, far more than those who chant against it and they are not getting destroyed most of them are getting closed due to flamewar around page 4-5.

The most popular attacks against the idea are either baseless claims on how the evil rich people of this game will gonna manipulate the market to gain more cash (i swear i heard this somewhere else in some religion based topic) or claims that it will ruin our crumbling economy.

People already use the warframe.market to get price data and it ridicolous that we need to use a third party website to get some clear information. Even if DE would just incorporate a trade board like that in warframe that would be a huge step forward since the chat system we have is an outdated rubbish.