The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

new weapon ideas for warframe

IxisMishima

kinda as it says, we're not really diving into many of the weapon types, for melee or other wise, one of my first things for a melee would be an okatana, about a foot longer than the nikana and have it be used in a two handed stance with a little slower speed of the nikana and maybe half the damage of the galatine, not a heavy blade stance though, a whole new stance specifically for the okatana type.. based mostly on slash damage with a low crit chance but a high crit damage status chance would be low as well, as for primary, i kinda want a scoped version of the latron but with a possible grenade launcher alternative? 

Edited by IxisMishima

4 minutes ago, Ker-Blammo said:

Ive always wanted something like a duplex trigger semi auto rifle. Maybe grineer styled too? C:

that's a pretty neat idea,gives us a faster fire rate, but it'd have to have lower accuracy due to it.

the odachi would be neat, but it'd have to have it's own stances in comparison to the heavy blade or katana, it wouldn't be able to use both due to size and weight. sides, i think we want to see new stances with weapons accompanying them, don't get me wrong, dual stance weapons are cool, but i'd prefer to start seeing some new ideas be brought into the warframe universe in general.

Edited by IxisMishima

High fantasy style

Void staves and scepters - casting out energy to strike down our foes.

We have glaive and gun - the next step will be blade and gun

My hope is that we get melee + ranged melee

Sword and glaive as first combo

Sword and gunblade as the next in line

To finish off, we finally get a little space magic with blade and void staff/scepter going Gandalf style on a foe

I got some ideas for melee weapons such as Dual Wielding Glaives/thowing weapons, Spear and Shield, and Gauntlet like weapons that fire projectiles on impact...somewhat like the one Yang uses from RWBY if you ever watched it but technically fist/claw weapons count as gauntlets. As for guns i would love to see a Minigun, I'm pretty sure someone has already mentioned it but the idea of wielding a Death Machine in Warframe sounds fun. :)

10 minutes ago, (Xbox One)GeminiTigur said:

Iand Gauntlet like weapons that fire projectiles on impact...somewhat like the one Yang uses from RWBY if you ever watched it but technically fist/claw weapons count as gauntlets. 

you mean the staticor?

I want weapons and movesets from dynasty warriors, anime, and other lores.

• Spears:stab+wide aoe swings,
  • Magic fans/staff/scepters with elemental aoe damage as normal attack!!,
  • Halberd/crescent blade that emphasizes using the tip exclusively unlike how the sydon is just being flailed like a long stick. I mean, the orthos polearm moveset due to it having a blade at each end I understand but the sydon only has one edged tip yet the blunt side can hurt the enemies as much as the trident tip??? 
  • Lance with the charge attack literally charging in a straight line for about 20-30 meters. 
  • New scythe stance like Maka from Soul Eater or Mimel for Agarest War Zero. Or a new weapon like the grim reaper scythe with longer reach rather than the one handed version we have now. 
  • Completely new mechanic "shield" that works as second melee weapon which can pair with any 1 handed weapon where the stance only uses 1 hand. The shield moveset is intermittently mixed into the regular stance that potentially increases the number of hits the 1 handed stance contains. The shield could bash the target straight or punch or swipe much like dark souls. It could also offer greater blocking bonuses and easier parry mechanics. (This will never be implemented into warframe because of difficulty of application but I can dream.)   
  • Shield mechanic could also be applied to all 1 handed melee weapons like a dagger and sword, machete and gunblade, scythe and nunchuks, or heatsword and broken war, ceramic dagger and rakta dark dagger. 
  • Another shield mechanic like the glaive and one handed secondary where the shield will at a certain rate block attacks swiftly without interrupting gunfire. Upon melee stance you get the captain america moveset. lol, punch, bash, crush, swipe, charge, block, throw. The finisher is the scene where captain america destroys iron mans battery in Captain America: Civil War movie. 
  • The Flying Guillotine. lol not this but google it though.
Edited by babywrath
added shield finisher idea

Honestly, Instrument weapons would be @(*()$ hilarious and awesome. Shamisen sword? Iunno after the Octavia update I want to see melee instruments and Tenno smacking Grineer with guitars. 

The only other thing I can think of though is a bunch of stupid comedic weapons but then again we do have Saints Row for that. 

One cool idea I have is maybe gauntlets that cause not much damage but KNOCK back, so basically B.O.M.P gauntlets. 

Single gauntlets as a claw/fist hybrid. As in you only wear 1 gauntlet.

Dagger thrown melee (cause why the hell not).

Dual thrown melee (one is for throwing, normally and during combos, other is always held)(which one is which can switch mid-combo though)

Rapier + parrying blade or buckler with unique stance(s).

Daishõ (katana+wakizashi) with its own stance(s).

War-scythe.

Channeling rework and channeling based weapons. (dagger that becomes a sword when channeling, fists > claws, staff > polearm, etc.)

Dual zoren prime... I've wanted this since I first laid eyes on these.