Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hok's Anvil Weapons and Rivens - Yes or No?

Pizzarugi

I can't remember the specific name of these weapons so I'm calling them based on the kiosk that lets you craft them.

I'm not going to criticize the stats of the weapons because Plains of Eidolon is supposed to be accessible very early on so they shouldn't be stupid levels of strong. My concern is whether or not this series of weapons will have rivens for them in order to make them useful for players in high level content. Would be a shame if I craft and name a polearm weapon only to give it up for Lesion, for example.

I'm not sure how rivens could work, would the game be able to randomly generate a riven unlock for your unique weapon? How would they balance dispositions for that? I'm just not sure I even see how they could make rivens work with it, but maybe I'm not thinking it through all the way idk. 

And more to the point, why would you need them? If you can make your own weapon, surely you can customize to the point that it's strong enough that you don't need a riven, right? 

If they are planning it I am not sure how they are going to do that, already I feel like it will be a very unbalanced system that they are going to be desperately trying to rein in. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

Just now, Airwolfen said:

Well Steve did confirm that the strike will gain MR so if there are rivens Id say tied to the strike.

So I guess the rivens would have to be tied to the name of the strike used, and the disposition would be balanced solely around the strike? I guess that could maybe work, but it seems unnecessary, already rivens are going far beyond what they initially claimed they were for. Supposed to make underused weapons used more, not just make stuff flat out stronger. With custom weapons surely we can make them super strong already. 

Just now, Tesseract7777 said:

With custom weapons surely we can make them super strong already. 

I hope so. I imagine it would be fairer to do it on a price/resource based system, where the more you put into crafting a weapon (more credits, higher number of resources, more Rare resources etc.), the stronger it's stats will be. this could potentially serve as a much needed sink for common resources, and encourage newer players to farm for the powerful weapons they want to make.

2 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

So I guess the rivens would have to be tied to the name of the strike used, and the disposition would be balanced solely around the strike? I guess that could maybe work, but it seems unnecessary, already rivens are going far beyond what they initially claimed they were for. Supposed to make underused weapons used more, not just make stuff flat out stronger. With custom weapons surely we can make them super strong already. 

I'm basing my question on the 17 minute tennocon video showing off Plains of Eidolon, specifically the part showing the weapons you can craft at Hok's Anvil. The stats on those weapons are alright, which I assume will mean they might require a little effort to craft, but they're not powerful. The average player tends to gravitate towards the best and when a better weapon of its class comes out, chances are good they will be left behind in favor of the stronger thing.

If there are crafting options that lets you improve the stats more, we don't know. Maybe there's special improvements you can get if you brave the plains at night. Again, we don't know. Until we do, it's good to ask questions and speculate.

8 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Look. If it was me then I'd try to make them (near) top of the line weapons and just not have rivens for them at all.

Also in the piece they showed they had a link with 0 crit and 35% status AND it was IPS. So if I can create a high slash IPS weapon with 35% status chance, a grip that has a fast hitting stance, with 2 elements, and a condition overload on there then honestly I will have absolutely no need for a riven xD

My guess is that the Rivens will probably start off with a neutral disposition like a lot of the new weapons. Then depending upon the reactions of the players they will go from there.

Honestly I hope they do have rivens because it would legitimately make these weapons "your" weapons. You created the weapon, you named the weapon, you customized the holster position of your weapon, you colored your weapon, you added the attachment to your weapon, and you discovered a riven mod, which you rolled for your weapon. That is pretty cool if you ask me.

4 minutes ago, (Xbox One)RAG is NAROK said:

My guess is that the Rivens will probably start off with a neutral disposition like a lot of the new weapons. Then depending upon the reactions of the players they will go from there.

Honestly I hope they do have rivens because it would legitimately make these weapons "your" weapons. You created the weapon, you named the weapon, you customized the holster position of your weapon, you colored your weapon, you added the attachment to your weapon, and you discovered a riven mod, which you rolled for your weapon. That is pretty cool if you ask me.

The ultimate customization!