Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will Operators get a better movement system

Terasoft

My question would be if the operator will be getting a new movement system, because Tennocon showed us that the operators would be becoming more "mature", hopefully that means older but will they learn free-running/parkour, operators have used warframes for a very long time it would make sense if they picked up some of the movement skills from using a warframe. It would be cool if you do some of the same moves in operator mode, obviously they won't be able to bullet jump and double jump, but it would be awesome if the could vault over objects, or do some quick wall runs.

It's not really enough to know how to do the movements. Your body kinda needs to be up to it, and the Operators have been sitting in their chairs for centuries. They aren't quite in the condition to wall run, or do much parkour in general.

That being said, I imagine they probably will get some better movement when we can start using them in proper combat. That would make sense.

yeah probably, now i'm wondering if the armours that were showcased help them be able to move in such a way, the armours and weapons are going to help them utilise there tenno abilities it could also help them physically.

32 minutes ago, Archeyef said:

It's not really enough to know how to do the movements. Your body kinda needs to be up to it, and the Operators have been sitting in their chairs for centuries. They aren't quite in the condition to wall run, or do much parkour in general.

That being said, I imagine they probably will get some better movement when we can start using them in proper combat. That would make sense.

Ya but still, they should at least be able to roll, or a sidestep. Anyone can do a sidestep.

Just now, AlphaPHENIX said:

Ya but still, they should at least be able to roll, or a sidestep. Anyone can do a sidestep.

That stuff, yes. I was just talking about wall-running and parkour specifically. That is the kind of thing I imagine would be covered under "some better movement."

6 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

Why would they not be able to bullet jump or double jump? The tenno use the void powers they possess to make the Warframes do these things, why would they not themselves be able to learn to do this with their own bodies?

the equivalent to bullet jump is the void dash the operator can do that why they shouldn't be able to bullet jump, but with double jumping it shouldn't be physically possible for the operator.

Just now, AlphaPHENIX said:

Well technically rolls are also considered parkour.

A lot of things are technically considered parkour. Doing one of them by themselves, or doing the simpler ones, isn't the same as executing a chain of them, or actively "parkouring" or free-running. The difference is in the degree. Doing a roll isn't the same as repeatedly vaulting across open space, for example.

2 minutes ago, Terasoft said:

the equivalent to bullet jump is the void dash the operator can do that why they shouldn't be able to bullet jump, but with double jumping it shouldn't be physically possible for the operator.

Because DE has said they plan to change those abilities to incorporate the tenno schools, so the void dash as we know it now is fully able to be replaced with something that is more usable for combat, such as a double jump or something of an equally-usable type. Heck, removal of just the energy drain itself, something DE said was a problem with the tenno's abilities, would make it far more usable for a combat sense.

10 hours ago, Terasoft said:

operators have used warframes for a very long time it would make sense if they picked up some of the movement skills from using a warframe.

Not against the idea, but found that specific part funny.

Like, does playing Battlefield give kids tank piloting skills? Playing AC gives them superhuman ability to climb walls? 

Operators pilot their frames through Transference, while sitting in a chair, without actually performing any actions themselves.

They have frail kids' bodies, and the apex of their physical activity is a slow jog and occasional jump.

Using their void powers does give them mobility in form of void dash. Which is boring, I agree. 

Don't mind my post, I simply found one of the arguments funny.

10 hours ago, Archeyef said:

if they can do this, then i see no reason they can't move properly

1 hour ago, Tachibana_Hibiki said:

, does playing Battlefield give kids tank piloting skills? Playing AC gives them superhuman ability to climb walls? 

Operators pilot their frames through Transference, while sitting in a chair, without actually performing any actions themselves.

Transference isn't wiggling a mouse and tapping some keys. Before Second Dream quest, they thought they were the frames. Using transference to pilot a Warframe is practically becoming the Warframe and the skills and memory would transfer. 

What wouldn't is physical conditioning and strength, and possibly the height difference between the frame and the Tenno, that might temporarily disorient them, but they would overcome that with practice. 

1 hour ago, Kinetos said:

Transference isn't wiggling a mouse and tapping some keys. Before Second Dream quest, they thought they were the frames. Using transference to pilot a Warframe is practically becoming the Warframe and the skills and memory would transfer. 

What wouldn't is physical conditioning and strength, and possibly the height difference between the frame and the Tenno, that might temporarily disorient them, but they would overcome that with practice. 

Yes. This is why you would think they could move like the frames.

1 hour ago, Kinetos said:

Yes, this is pretty much my point. They have the capacity to do those things, but their bodies need to become accustomed to it, and they to their bodies.

That is a good point, they do all that while controlling warframes, and that is not going to be the same as doing it in their own bodies. It's gonna take some practice and mental adjustment before they can.

4 hours ago, xXduncanXx said:

it's still his body,  i know it's not him atm, but this proves  he has the capability and  strenght  to do it

No... it is not. If something takes another's form doesnt mean it has the same physical capabilities.

Also, as far as we know: the Man in the Orbiter is in our minds. An illusion only we can see.

1 hour ago, Kaotyke said:

No... it is not. If something takes another's form doesnt mean it has the same physical capabilities.

Also, as far as we know: the Man in the Orbiter is in our minds. An illusion only we can see.

but at the end of the war within  it possesed us for real, wich means  he's real u.u  teshin  shacked us  to  bring us back to normal if you remember, being able to go in tenno mode while  the man in the wall is present is probably a bug

Well the operator did void dash through the queen, so they do have some athleticism.

Personally, I think operators should remain as the frail, vulnerable, slow insides of the WFs... But if they insist on making them part of combat then they will most likely then them into super warriors too.

Edited by Hypernaut1

1 hour ago, xXduncanXx said:

but at the end of the war within  it possesed us for real, wich means  he's real u.u  teshin  shacked us  to  bring us back to normal if you remember, being able to go in tenno mode while  the man in the wall is present is probably a bug

Dude, he is in our minds just as Lash of Dresden Files is inside Harry's head. Both are very real, both can posses their hosts, but none of them have an actual physical body.

I didnt say the Man in the Wall doesnt exist. Just that only we can see it.

Edited by Kaotyke

1 hour ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Personally, I think operators should remain as the frail, vulnerable, slow insides of the WFs...

If we take the theme of Operators being the weak, magical aspect that contrast the Warframe's strong warrior aspect, how about having a completely different movement system that manipulate their Void Powers such as using Super Jump or floating (akin to Titania, I suppose) to further emphasize their difference? I think that'd be pretty cool <:)

Oh, and make some tweaks to Void Dash, of course :v

1 hour ago, Beggining said:

If we take the theme of Operators being the weak, magical aspect that contrast the Warframe's strong warrior aspect, how about having a completely different movement system that manipulate their Void Powers such as using Super Jump or floating (akin to Titania, I suppose) to further emphasize their difference? I think that'd be pretty cool <:)

Oh, and make some tweaks to Void Dash, of course :v

This is exactly how they should approach it.