The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operators are breaking the lore

Fallen_Echo

Yesterday i just noticed something what shouldnt happen.

I was messing around in a kuva mission with my operators when i noticed that im able to destroy nully bubbles with my void beam.

Arent nullfiers by lore capatable to "nullfy" every void based energy? They can remove mesa's bullets,nullfy a chain from valkyr, be safe from nova amd strike, stop flames from fire frames, literally revert mutation on nidus and somehow the void powers are working fine?

I request either making operators unable to do anything to nullies or DE to reevaluate on what should these guys be able to do.

13 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Yesterday i just noticed something what shouldnt happen.

I was messing around in a kuva mission with my operators when i noticed that im able to destroy nully bubbles with my void beam.

Arent nullfiers by lore capatable to "nullfy" every void based energy? They can remove mesa's bullets,nullfy a chain from valkyr, be safe from nova amd strike, stop flames from fire frames, literally revert mutation on nidus and somehow the void powers are working fine?

I request either making operators unable to do anything to nullies or DE to reevaluate on what should these guys be able to do.

I'd say the level of void energy in the beam, compared to what causes the powers is... Nowhere near comparable as there is litteraly no shaping involved in it making it a pure void energy blast while the abilities are more tamed than that, hence, why the null bubble suffers from the beam. 

10 minutes ago, ngrazer said:

Well then, Nullifiers are lore-breaking as well since they can exist inside the Void with active domes.

The Orokin Towers must have something to do with it.

Generally, the Warframes use a restricted array of abilities and are mainly kept alive by the same Void energy the Tenno wield in battle. If the Nullifer Logic implied was ingame, you'd essentially die whenever you'd walk inside the bubble.

Given the fact that Tenno are supposed to be incredibly powerful - yet fragile in their current state - it only makes sense for them to be able to use their Void-specific powers within Nullifier Shields.

In short:
Warframes don't use Void abilities; they are merely sustained by the Void-link held by the Tenno who built them.

Tenno are bristling with pure, raw Void energy, which is not eligible to be nullified.

Void Towers are like submersed, resilient buildings intended to be in magma; they keep out said magma, or in this case, keep out Void effects.

Focus has been deliberately unaffected by Nullifiers since its inception, though it's hard to notice unless you're running Naramon. The implication is that the Operators themselves are also meant to ignore Nullifiers to an extent.

As far as it making sense for null spheres to take void beam damage, they also take damage from every exalted weapon except Mesa's Peacemaker (This might have changed since Peacemaker was reworked to not be an aim-bot.). In that context, the justification is pretty clear: DE doesn't want Nullifiers to be completely invincible depending on your current state.

How this translates into lore is anyone's guess at this point, since the only ideas we have as to how null spheres work are all inferred from how they act in-game last I checked.

Edited by Dreddeth

Imagine you have a surge protector. Sometimes the power in the electric grid fluctuates a bit, and the surge protector evens it out so it's not harmful. That's kind of what the Nullifier bubble does to void-based powers.

Along comes an Operator and fires the equivalent of a lightning strike at the bubble AKA surge protector. What do you think would happen to your surge protector if it took a lightning strike to the face?

My take on the Nullifier is that they do not nullify Void energy directly - if the Corpus had that kind of tech they'd have raided all of the Orokin towers long ago - it instead acts as a scrambler. 

So basically they can partially disrupt the flow of energy inside their bubbles. But if a pure blast of void energy hits from the outside there's nothing they can do. That's also reinforced by the fact that a lot of projectike based skills can shrink and destroy the bubble (tempest barrage and shurikens come to mind). 

10 minutes ago, Dreddeth said:

Focus has been deliberately unaffected by Nullifiers since its inception, though it's hard to notice unless you're running Naramon. The implication is that the Operators themselves are also meant to ignore Nullifiers to an extent.

As far as it making sense for null spheres to take void beam damage, they also take damage from every exalted weapon except Mesa's Peacemaker (This might have changed since Peacemaker was reworked to not be an aim-bot.). In that context, the justification is pretty clear: DE doesn't want Nullifiers to be completely invincible depending on your current state.

How this translates into lore is anyone's guess at this point, since the only ideas we have as to how null spheres work are all inferred from how they act in-game last I checked.

But main focus powers are nullfied, when i enter with zenurik into a bubble i cant levitate the enemies at all.

The Nullification(?) process happens inside the bubble while the bubble itself acts as a shield to protect the Nullifier. Think of it like a bubble shield from Halo, where projectiles are blocked but objects, such as Warframes or Operators, can pass through. Since the Void Beam is coming into contact with the shield layer the power is not nullified. This also works with some Warframe abilities. For instance; Valkyr's Hysteria Claws can damage the shield layer without being negated by the inside of the bubble. If this can work why cant Void Beam?