Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I am a beta founder, why don't I get my Ex Prime?

zomborzilla

7 hours ago, Dead_Rabbits said:

Couldn't really be called a console founders pack since pc players paid for the console version development.

The pack was offered until a few weeks before the game launched with the PS4.  Had they simply extended it by a few weeks, Console players would have purchased it as well.  It isn't like it was something offered strictly years before the game launched on the platforms.

4 hours ago, (PS4)horridhal said:

The pack was offered until a few weeks before the game launched with the PS4.  Had they simply extended it by a few weeks, Console players would have purchased it as well.  It isn't like it was something offered strictly years before the game launched on the platforms.

Just so you know, the program was originally supposed to end when the game went into open beta. It had already been extended twice by the time the PS4 port was announced.

4 hours ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

Pretty sensible thinking if you ask me. Exclusivity is anti-consumer and does nothing but breed toxic behaviour while the devs earn a little cash. 

Bearing in mind that without these particular exclusives to provide an incentive, the game wouldn't have been made at all.

Just now, Corvid said:

Bearing in mind that without these particular exclusives to provide an incentive, the game wouldn't have been made at all.

That's fair enough. Still doesn't mean the decision was done properly. DE have already said themselves that total exclusivity was a mistake with EP and I'm glad they have generally dropped exclusives as a whole now, apart from the console skin series which was basically DE's attempt to say sorry about the whole Excal P thing.

Just now, Knight_Ex said:

This whole thread feels like its underlining a topic of giving console players their own founders reward, which DE has already stated won't be happening.

Consoles have got their respective skin series. This is just some salty Founder who is upset he doesn't have access to his exclusive frame on a console that never even got the chance to get it in the first place.

No one here on console is asking for a Founder reward. We've all got Umbra to look forward to anyway.

6 minutes ago, Troll_Logic said:

I'm guessing zero.  Who would buy it?  Why would someone buy it?

To have access to Excal P and his stuff. A guy in my old clan said someone offered him 2k$ for his. People are weird like that. 

2 hours ago, Corvid said:

Just so you know, the program was originally supposed to end when the game went into open beta. It had already been extended twice by the time the PS4 port was announced.

Which really has absolutely no bearing on what was said.  Again, if the packs had simply been extended to include Launch day of the PS4 and maybe a few days, to a week, following said launch, many console players would have purchased it.  Again, we aren't discussing something offered several months to over a year before the console launched then discontinued, we are talking about weeks.

That said, as I initially stated in this thread, until the option comes to console players to purchase those packs (which won't happen, as we all know) Excal Prime needs to remain off consoles entirely along with Lato and Skana Prime.  They are platform exclusives and should never be allowed on platforms they cannot, and were never able to, be obtained.

2 minutes ago, Troll_Logic said:

He's lying.  You know what access to Excal Prime feels like?  Regular Excal.

To you and me , yeah, but as I said above, people are weird and are open to paying huge amounts of money for little things that they want. Hell, people are paying hundreds or thousands of dollars for used panties, this is nothing surprising. 

Edited by aligatorno

13 minutes ago, Troll_Logic said:

He's lying.  You know what access to Excal Prime feels like?  Regular Excal.

I got offered  $500 for this account, $2k for a founders isn't that far fetched, especially if it was an active one with all the past goodies.

21 hours ago, MagPrime said:

I got offered  $500 for this account, $2k for a founders isn't that far fetched, especially if it was an active one with all the past goodies.

One, I don't believe you.

Two, yes it is.  What does a founder's account get you?  A frame and a couple weapons.  A frame that is so-so at best and a couple weapons that are meh.  And a frame that a player isn't going to 100% of the time, probably not even 10%.  A frame that maybe 5% of the players may notice in 10% of the games as it's running full speed past them while shooting exulted blades 100% of the time.  That's it.  Nothing else.  There are no "goodies."  A Excalibur Prime is the EXACT same thing as an Ember Prime.  It's the same frame with cosmetic differences.

The fun of the game is building the items.  I've equipped 608 formas on my warframes and weapons.  What fun would it be to to take over such an account and start with everything?

You should have taken the $500.

Consoles never had a Foundation period like PC did. In fact, the game reached these platforms thanks to the Founders who supported the game on PC.

The Founders items were presented as exclusive to PC, to the account on which they were bought, not sellable, transferable, refundable (or anything in those lines) and not coming back after the Foundation period. Those restrictions are still relevant and are meant to stay this way. Any infringement of these exposes all the accounts of the persons involved to ingame permabans.

As for the migration of Founder accounts, why the Founder Items are not transferred? Because it would have created a huge and neverending tsunami of discontent and anger within the consoles communities (that are already frustrated by the current situation).

Therefore, there is 0 plan to make the Founder items available on consoles.

Radial Blinded to prevent unnecessary drama.