Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zakti gas proc.

lukinu_u

Question

How you may know, the gas proc deal two instance of damages :

• (base damages + toxin damages) / 2 as gas damages 
  • 9 ticks each dealing 125% of the weapon toxin as toxin damages.

But since Zakti has innate gas damages (and is the first weapon to do this), how do the toxin damages is calculated ?
Does the game consider its gas damage as 50% heat and 50% toxin or do the innate gas is 100% toxin for the proc ?

16 answers to this question

5 minutes ago, lukinu_u said:

But since Zakti has innate gas damages (and is the first weapon to do this), how do the toxin damages is calculated ?
Does the game consider its gas damage as 50% heat and 50% toxin or do the innate gas is 100% toxin for the proc ?

probably on the base damage  , so raw damage mods should increase it 

3 minutes ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

probably on the base damage  , so raw damage mods should increase it 

I think you didn't understand the question.
What I ask is what part of the innate base gas is considered as toxin for the status calculation ?

1 hour ago, lukinu_u said:

going by how some other weapons are (viral for instance) it would be safe to assume it's 100% Gas (which would be AoE toxin).  :D

31 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

going by how some other weapons are (viral for instance) it would be safe to assume it's 100% Gas (which would be AoE toxin).  :D

But all other fused element dont consider the number of one of their componement for any calculation, so we dont know.

If it's 100% gas, it mean it's 0% toxin, so the cloud would deal (base damage + toxin) /2, so half of base damages and the DoT would deal 125% of 0, so no DoT.
This means without additional toxin mods, the gas proc would be useless, and I dont think DE would do that.

12 hours ago, lukinu_u said:

i understand what you mean, but as @DatDarkOne said, we wont know for sure until it's tested

I finally have the Zakti and did my tests to answer the question.

The toxin proportion that gas 80 damages is only 24 (roughly 30%). I dont know if it's a bug but I think it should at least be 50%, only 24 over 80 is a shame...

Edited by lukinu_u

The only problem I have with Zakti is the it doesn't proc the gas on the initial hit.  The delay really upsets stealth kills and doesn't allow the gas to base it's damage on headshots/Stealth.  The only way to even get a stealth kill with it is using Sleep.  Even then the stealth kills are random and inconsistent.  

Other than that, it's a very cool weapon that does good damage.  

Edited by DatDarkOne
correcting autocorrect

4 hours ago, lukinu_u said:

I finally have the Zakti and did my tests to answer the question.

The toxin proportion that gas 80 damages is only 24 (roughly 30%). I dont know if it's a bug but I think it should at least be 50%, only 24 over 80 is a shame...

Thats a shame. well At least the weapon gave us one of the most OP weapon combos in the game :|

Edited by Airwolfen

4 minutes ago, Airwolfen said:

Thats a shame. well At least the weapon gave us one of the most OP weapon combos in the game :|

How's that?  I'm really curious and not trying to be an A-hole.  I ask because I've been using gas on my weapons for about 6 months now.  So the Zakti's gas effects and combos aren't really new to me.  

Edited by DatDarkOne

1 minute ago, DatDarkOne said:

How's that?  I'm really curious and not trying to be an A-hole.  I ask because I've been using gas on my weapons for about 6 months now.  So the Zakti's gas effects and combos aren't really new to me.  

i think its more the fact that the gas explosion on the zakti has the unique effect of momentarily opening enemies to finishers

Just now, DatDarkOne said:

dual wielding the zakti and the glaive prime is a instant death combo to anything that can be staggered atm. though there is a large chance that this will see a... "fix"... in the near future.

2 minutes ago, DeckChairVonBananaCamel said:

i think its more the fact that the gas explosion on the zakti has the unique effect of momentarily opening enemies to finishers

2 minutes ago, Airwolfen said:

dual wielding the zakti and the glaive prime is a instant death combo to anything that can be staggered atm. though there is a large chance that this will see a... "fix"... in the near future.

Ahhhh.  I've only used it with Ivara and Oberon and never really noticed that effect.  Oberon because there was too much going on to really see it.  Ivara because they were already sleeping when the effect hit.  hehe.  

In all honesty, the gun kinda ticks me off because I can't use it for stealth kills.  I'm still gonna put some forma into it for my other frames.  I just haven't decided which frames to use it with yet.