Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Condition Overload or Pressure point

(PSN)theelix

Question

10 answers to this question

25 minutes ago, (PS4)theelix said:

My situation happens to be that I want speed, but I also want range and healing. 

Zenistar with P. Reach, Heal. Ret., Con. Over.,  P. Fury, Vol. Strike, Virul. Scour., Berserker, drifting cont. 

I suppose the most logical option would be to forma the weapon one more time and take off drifting contact. With >100x extra damage do I really need a combo counter? 

Well Berserk is going to be pretty hard to keep going at base 5% crit chance without Blood Rush or the very least True Steel / Naramon Crit bonus.

Combo Counter is very important. Condition Overload and Atk speed are the only total damage multipliers you have outside the combo multiplier.

Condition Overload being 2.56x (2status effects) Berserk 1.75x,  P. Fury 1.55x,  Combo Counter 0.5x - 4x.

All of the other mods are functions of you base damage not total damage. In terms of DPS potential P. Fury or Berserk are the lower contributors assuming 2 status effects for CO. Primed Pressure point gives slightly more than 2 status CO and less than 3 status CO while P.Fury and Berserk are around equal to a 1 status CO and less than 2 status. This is assuming you have 3 stacks of Berserk which isn't going to be easy to maintain. I would ditch Berserk, esp since Berserk does not affect the Disc damage tick speed while P. Fury does.

I should also mention just in case that Healing Return, Combo Multiplier and Condition Overload also do not work directly for the disc though the disc can apply extra status for the main weapon to use with Condition Overload. In this case the disc provides Corrosive + Heat while the main weapon provides mostly Corrosive + Slash making it very easy to have 2 status effects active on an enemy within the disc radius before you even strike.

The only situations in melee modding that I've seen which doesn't benefit the player to use both is when using a pure physical build or a quick attack build. Pure Physical being for Bleeds only and having ideally 1 status effect and Quick attack being more about a quick slide then back to shooting.

56 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

The only situations in melee modding that I've seen which doesn't benefit the player to use both is when using a pure physical build or a quick attack build. Pure Physical being for Bleeds only and having ideally 1 status effect and Quick attack being more about a quick slide then back to shooting.

My situation happens to be that I want speed, but I also want range and healing. 

Zenistar with P. Reach, Heal. Ret., Con. Over.,  P. Fury, Vol. Strike, Virul. Scour., Berserker, drifting cont. 

I suppose the most logical option would be to forma the weapon one more time and take off drifting contact. With >100x extra damage do I really need a combo counter? 

12 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Well Berserk is going to be pretty hard to keep going at base 5% crit chance without Blood Rush or the very least True Steel / Naramon Crit bonus.

Combo Counter is very important. Condition Overload and Atk speed are the only total damage multipliers you have outside the combo multiplier.

Condition Overload being 2.56x (2status effects) Berserk 1.75x,  P. Fury 1.55x,  Combo Counter 0.5x - 4x.

All of the other mods are functions of you base damage not total damage. In terms of DPS potential P. Fury or Berserk are the lower contributors assuming 2 status effects for CO. Primed Pressure point gives slightly more than 2 status CO and less than 3 status CO while P.Fury and Berserk are around equal to a 1 status CO and less than 2 status. This is assuming you have 3 stacks of Berserk which isn't going to be easy to maintain. I would ditch Berserk, esp since Berserk does not affect the Disc damage tick speed while P. Fury does.

I should also mention just in case that Healing Return, Combo Multiplier and Condition Overload also do not work directly for the disc though the disc can apply extra status for the main weapon to use with Condition Overload. In this case the disc provides Corrosive + Heat while the main weapon provides mostly Corrosive + Slash making it very easy to have 2 status effects active on an enemy within the disc radius before you even strike.

What I've noticed is that while you would think Berserker shouldn't proc enough, it procs very easily with the disk up due to how many ticks the Zenistar does. 

But I thank you very much for the information, as it's exactly what I was looking for. 

Also, I neglected to mention that my playstyle as of current consists of micromanaging that disk and Exalted Blade, which allows very interesting interactions.

Though, it's not practical by any means to keep recasting an ability I could just keep up every 40 seconds, I just find it interesting. 

Edited by (PS4)theelix

Depends on the weapon, the frame, and the mods.

In the most generalized sense I would take Pressure Point.
Unless you can tell me you're doing something specific with multiple high status procs because I can't rule out using some horrible status weapon. >_>