Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cant progress the starchart

Skethoegen

Question

Hi all

I have been playing Warframe for 4 months now (@MR10) and I'm stuck! I cant progress any longer, stuck att Eris junction, and the gate to Void from Sedna. I'm not playing solo but on the higher level there's to few players running the missions to progress the star chart.

I have run a couple of Sorties but I cant perform so much (about 10-15% of team damage) and its frustrating. I have tried to buy the good mods for my weapon to get more damage but that doesn't help so much.

I know how to mod and how to create elemental damage but still, it doesn't work.

I have approx 10-12 frame, 2 primes, looking for the best weapons to buy on Youtube, done a whole lot of formas on bot weapons and frame to max them out, but still, it's getting boring when you see all others doing huge damage rounds.

I dont suck at the other missions, Alerts at level 30-40 Im doing all right, more than average.

Any tips before I end playing and go back to WoT/Armored warfare or other game?

You didnt mention potatos (orokin catalyst and reactor). Do u use them? Its very important to put one in a weapon...

If any mission seems too hard for me i always bring Inaros + Atterax. But for you any tanky frame with well built atterax should do

1. Proper elemental combinations. Don't expect magnetic + gas to be comparable to radiation + viral/corrosive + cold against grineer.
1a. Side note, bring the appropriate damage type for extra oomph (e.g. puncture > slash against grineer generally).

2. Proper weapons. Since you're youtubing those, I won't go into detail.

3. Proper frames AND modding. Don't expect a 50% power str rhino to tank properly. Also, it's a bad idea to bring loki to a defense mission (unless with a team).

4. Sorties are supposed to be hard. Think of them as "endgame," or close to it.

13 minutes ago, Raskolnikow said:

You didnt mention potatos (orokin catalyst and reactor). Do u use them? Its very important to put one in a weapon...

6. Play properly. Hide when shields are down (unless you're using a Rage-based frame). Shoot in cover (unless you're a Rhino). Use your powers (e.g. World on Fire from an Ember). Aim for weakspots, when appropriate (especially important against Nox's and even Nullifiers). Oh, and don't catch bullets/projectiles from enemies (unless you're an assimilate nyx, then by all means).

7. Staple mods. Raw damage (hornet strike, serration, point blank, pressure point) and multishot (hell's chamber, lethal torrent, barrel diffusion, split chamber).

8. Proper modding. Don't bother buffing a weapon's status chance if said weapon's base status chance is 5%. Same is true for crit.

Once you've gotten a hang of the game, you can find the style that suits you best.

Edited by p3z1

14 minutes ago, Skethoegen said:

yea, catalyst and reactors on appox all frames and weapons

Then i have no clue why u cant win... Maybe its the weapons u use or the mod setup. Some time ago id say take tonkor and worry about nothing, but they changed it :/

7 minutes ago, p3z1 said:

3. Proper frames AND modding. Don't expect a 50% power str rhino to tank properly. Also, it's a bad idea to bring loki to a defense mission (unless with a team).

Like the Mr said, always bring frame which is best for the mission: spy =loki/ivara(/ash), exterminate = ember is the fastest, def = frost is the easiest etc.

Edited by Raskolnikow

1. I have specific elementals on my weapons for the specific mission. Corrosive setup for Grineer, gas for infested, magnetic on corpus. And on my secondary I use alternative elementals for current mission enemy. I use a spreedsheet found on damage 2.0 info.

2. Yea, running with Soma or Sobek (with Acid Shells) otfens and Broken war.

4. Yea, I have noticed that. But there is allways users running sorties.

9 minutes ago, Skethoegen said:

1. I have specific elementals on my weapons for the specific mission. Corrosive setup for Grineer, gas for infested, magnetic on corpus. And on my secondary I use alternative elementals for current mission enemy. I use a spreedsheet found on damage 2.0 info.

Then you really shouldn't have a problem. As for the secondary, hopefully it supplements your primary well (e.g. Boar and Bronco, for example, are a bad mix in open maps).

2. Yea, running with Soma or Sobek (with Acid Shells) otfens and Broken war.

Hopefully Soma's crit modded. Personally I don't use Sobek, so I wouldn't know what works. I recommend swapping that for a Tigris/Prime or a Vaykor/Hek. Melee, as long as comfortable, no comments, just hope you have a good stance for that (e.g. crimson dervish).

4. Yea, I have noticed that. But there is allways users running sorties.

Rewards, enough said.

Also, hopefully your mods are MAXED out, or being leveled appropriately. rank 1 Serration is garbage comapred to a rank 10 Serration.

Edited by p3z1

Crimson Dervish, thats one of the problem. I dont have it, I have been looking för it sooo long for that mod for my War but its hard to get any stance mods (I still have stance mods but only duplicates mods for fists and so on).

Yea, the normal mods are maxed out and I have a couple of primed mods (Primed Continuity and Flow) but they are not maxed out yet (1-2 fusions left), to much Endo right now, thats one of the reasons I run sorties.

Well, than I suck playing then :blush:

Edited by Skethoegen

1 minute ago, Skethoegen said:

Crimson Dervish, thats one of the problem. I dont have it, I have been looking för it sooo long for that mod for my War but its hard to get any stance mods (I still have stance mods but only duplicates mods for fists and so on).

Skip broken war for something better, I guess. With a cleaving whirlwind (ancient disruptors, rare mod drop), weapons like the Gram and Galatine become deadly. Consider them for raw damage.

2 minutes ago, Skethoegen said:

Yea, the normal mods are maxed out and I have a couple of primed mods (Primed Continuity and Flow) but they are not maxed out yet (1-2 fusions left), to much Endo right now, thats one of the reasons I run sorties.

Endos. Hit maroo's weeklies if you don't, easiest with titania. Another source is your excessive amount of mods, dissolve for endo ONLY.

3 minutes ago, Skethoegen said:

Well, than I suck playing then :blush:

How DO you play the game? Comment or PM, and I'll try to help

It's normal for the others to do a lot more damage than you, since there are many many more weapons  that are better and ways to mod them. Soma is decent, but it's about 1/3 or 1/4 from best weapons there can be and if you use Rivens with strong disposition on those, the gap can be even larger.

So you should not think WHY are you doing lower damage than everyone else, that is obvious. But with your build you should be able to at least kill lvl 40 enemies relatively easy, right? If so, that's all you need for now.

MR is not always just for show. After you have tried most things in the game, the experience will basically come to you, so to speak. So, focus on trying out everything there is in this game and before you know it, you will most likely get the stats that you want.

Edited by -N7-Leonhart

I have tried with Galatine but its to slow for me, same as Hek/Tigris (I have them to, even the MR12 Tigris prime BP, ready to be build as I get to MR12).
On my last sortie I got a Riven for Gram and then I make the Gram to. But the Gram Riven are from MR16 so I cant use it. And the Gram are slow to, tried to get some speed on it but It all ends up with broken war becuase its fast and my best melee.I have approx 30 stance mods but noone usefull: fists, polearms, blade&wips, staves and so on.

Yea, I run every maroo's and sell the Ayatan for Endos directly. I have currently 26 000 endos.

How do I play? It depends on mission type and level oc but I am aware of taking cover if I need to fill my Shields/health and so on.

4 minutes ago, -N7-Leonhart said:

It's normal for the others to do a lot more damage than you, since there are many many more weapons  that are better and ways to mod them. Soma is decent, but it's about 1/3 or 1/4 from best weapons there can be and if you use Rivens with strong disposition on those, the gap can be even larger.

So you should not think WHY are you doing lower damage than everyone else, that is obvious. But with your build you should be able to at least kill lvl 40 enemies relatively easy, right? If so, that's all you need for now.

MR is not always just for show. After you have tried most things in the game, the experience will basically come to so, so to speak. So, focus on trying out everything there is in this game.

Yea, and to get rivens I need to run sorties.

Yea, level 40 I have no problems. Maybe not solo everytimes but...

1 minute ago, Skethoegen said:

I have tried with Galatine but its to slow for me, same as Hek/Tigris (I have them to, even the MR12 Tigris prime BP, ready to be build as I get to MR12).
On my last sortie I got a Riven for Gram and then I make the Gram to. But the Gram Riven are from MR16 so I cant use it. And the Gram are slow to, tried to get some speed on it but It all ends up with broken war becuase its fast and my best melee.I have approx 30 stance mods but noone usefull: fists, polearms, blade&wips, staves and so on.

Yea, I run every maroo's and sell the Ayatan for Endos directly. I have currently 26 000 endos.

How do I play? It depends on mission type and level oc but I am aware of taking cover if I need to fill my Shields/health and so on.

Tank frames and/or damage buffer frames will make it a lot easier to survive and damage enemies. To this end, Chroma and Rhino with max builds are really good at taking and buffing your damage. Even at MR24, these are still pretty much my most used frames. After this, you probably may want to make sure you have your weapon maxed (being able to put all 8 mods). And focus on putting on your elemental mods to fill pretty much all slots and the 2 critical mods (only for weapons with critical stats).

Oh, and I recommend Corrosive for the Infested. Gas is good for the light ones, but those are not a problem anyway. Corrosive is for the heavy ones, exactly what you need. Also, I have noticed that the higher level of Corpus, the more Viral damage starts to become better against them (and maybe with Electric if you have the space).

4 minutes ago, Skethoegen said:

Yea, and to get rivens I need to run sorties.

Yea, level 40 I have no problems. Maybe not solo everytimes but...

That can't be helped. Game time and MR is not always a linear indication of one's power, but it's pretty close. If you haven't played one or two thousand hours, it's pretty much guaranteed you will be weaker than those that did. In this sense, the game is very honest with it's players. The more you play, the more gear you have so the stronger you become.

Btw, Rivens can be bought with platinum, and very cheaply a lot of times (like 20p). And there are many ways to make the platinum without paying money for it. Also, play The War Within quest, you get a free riven mod.

1 hour ago, Skethoegen said:

I have run a couple of Sorties but I cant perform so much (about 10-15% of team damage) and its frustrating.

What frames are you playing? Maybe you just don't use damage frames, therefore other people will outdamage you. 

Sometimes damage isn't all that important. You can run spy or rescue without a single kill or run heavy CC frames, like Banshee or Stasis Limbo, on Mobile Defense or Interception. You would still contribute something important to the mission, while only dealing 10% or less of team damage.

6 minutes ago, -N7-Leonhart said:

That can't be helped. Game time and MR is not always a linear indication of one's power, but it's pretty close. If you haven't played one or two thousand hours, it's pretty much guaranteed you will be weaker than those that did. In this sense, the game is very honest with it's players. The more you play, the more gear you have so the stronger you become.

Btw, Rivens can be bought with platinum, and very cheaply a lot of times (like 20p). And there are many ways to make the platinum without paying money for it. Also, play The War Within quest, you get a free riven mod.

I know that, but as a new player you want to progress. Thats not the biggest issue but to get decent mods that I dont have, I need to make the higher levels.

I know, I have played all the quest I can get. I currently have 2 rivens, one from War within and one from sortie.

2 minutes ago, Skethoegen said:

to get decent mods that I dont have, I need to make the higher levels.

Corrupted and Primed mods should be "decent" enough. Corrupted mods are obtained in level 25-35 (or something like this) missions in the derelict and primed mods can be bought from Baro KiTeer for ducats (you just have to wait for him to bring them), so you dont have to play the really high level stuff to get great mods. Sorties (and Kuva Floods) are the only real high level missions and the only thing they give you are riven mods, which you dont really need for a decent build.

16 minutes ago, Skethoegen said:

I know that, but as a new player you want to progress. Thats not the biggest issue but to get decent mods that I dont have, I need to make the higher levels.

I know, I have played all the quest I can get. I currently have 2 rivens, one from War within and one from sortie.

For mods, just keep playing the game, you'll get them eventually. This is normal for free to play games.

Rivens aren't too necessary for strong weapons like the tigris and galatine, but helps the less popular and less numbers on weapons, like the Hind.

38 minutes ago, Skethoegen said:

Those weapons are just examples. Some work better for some players than others. Maybe actually play around the weapons you build, maybe you might find something good in them. For example, atterax is the meta for some, but I'd still want my hands on that guandao. You'll just have to try them out (maybe in the simulacrum).

38 minutes ago, Skethoegen said:

I mean, do you like being up close and personal (Inaros, Valkyr, Loki), mid-range engagements (Trinity, Rhino, Loki) or across rooms type (Ash, Ivara, Loki). Such types of gameplay have diverse builds and all. These frames are just examples, but how you play and mod them matter the most.

Edited by p3z1

I work second shift and I'm on PC.
If you need help with something you can add me.
IGN: uAir

The only thing I can't clear easily is archwing missions.
For those I used my friend to carry me and we were on our way to leveling up my archwing stuff but we got lazy and it really hasn't been an issue so we never bothered. >_>

3 hours ago, uAir said:

I work second shift and I'm on PC.
If you need help with something you can add me.
IGN: uAir

The only thing I can't clear easily is archwing missions.
For those I used my friend to carry me and we were on our way to leveling up my archwing stuff but we got lazy and it really hasn't been an issue so we never bothered. >_>

i can help with archwings =) i have several formas build on my archwings and weapons..  =)  killing jordas in order to get atlas is sooo easy =) 

Soma is a crit weapon; therefore, you need to max its crit potential.  Dropping one of the elementals for Point Strike will boost your crit chance from 30% to 75%, at which point that 8.4x crit multiplier will make the weapon far more effective.  Likewise, the Sobek is a status weapon, so you should mod to boost its status chance. Do you have any of the dual-stat mods which boost both elemental damage and status chance?  If so, use them. Accelerated Blast boosts puncture damage, but the Sobek does mostly impact, so its kind of a waste on this build.  The 30% single damage mods are pretty worthless, due to the way damage scales - better to use the faction-specific "Cleanse" mods (I think that's the one for shotties).

for soma i'll replace hammer shot with point strike 

replace hellfire with shred can help when face enemy in narrow path

for nova slow i'll replace steel fiber with narrow mind, remove p.flow, max power drift and put in r3 fleeting expertise

or r4 fleeting expertise + r4 streamline for max efficiency lastly max p.continuity

Edited by UltraRareSloth