Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

what would future element frames be like?

Femuru

So longed noticed that there are warframe for each status well besides the special ones but to fact there

Cold - Frost

Heat - Ember

Toxin - Saryn

Electric - Volt

hell there are even off elements such as

Wind - Zephyr

Water - Hydroid

Sand - Inaros 

Plant - Oberon

(upcoming) Glass - dont know the name

but hell anyone noticed that there no earth bending warframe and no i am not gonna count inaros or even rhino but im still curious for future frames anyone have idea what they might be like for a fun quick topic disscusion hell there even warframes by faction but one 

corpus - valkyr

infested - nidus 

so honestly i would have a hard time think what a grineer warframe be like if they could ever do that but maybe kuva style who knows just thought i leave my thoughts out

since when was earth, wind, and water "off-element"?  Those are some of the most basic elements out there, especially water and wind.

Also, you forgot Atlas, he's the earth-frame.

Edited by Insizer

31 minutes ago, ShenRyujin said:

but hell anyone noticed that there no earth bending warframe and no i am not gonna count inaros or even rhino but im still curious for future frames anyone have idea what they might be like for a fun quick topic disscusion hell there even warframes by faction but one 

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Atlas His name is Atlas, and he rocks hard.

Let me fix that post for you.

32 minutes ago, ShenRyujin said:

So longed noticed that there are warframe for each status well besides the special ones but to fact there

Cold - Frost

Heat - Ember

Toxin - Saryn

Electric - Volt

hell there are even off elements such as

Wind - Zephyr

Water - Hydroid

Sand - Inaros 

Radiation - Oberon

Earth - Atlas

(upcoming) Glass - dont know the name

Bat S#&$ crazy - valkyr

infested - nidus 

so honestly i would have a hard time think what a grineer warframe be like if they could ever do that but maybe kuva style who knows just thought i leave my thoughts out

And if we're gonna get out there:

Magnetic - Mag

Edge - Nekros

Edgelord - Ash

Twilight - Equinox

Sand - Inaros

Tree Frog - Ivara

Anti-Matter - Nova

Also, Corpus and Grineer can't reverse engineer warframes. They don't understand the void like the Tenno and Lotus do (which still isn't much but more than the Grineer and Corpus do) to even begin production on them, including how to procure the strain of technocyte without allowing it to go rampant and how they don't even know about transference let alone how to even recreate it without it being suicide.

Plus, they only know how to do 1 thing. Shoot guns and hide inside friendly bubbles. We can do that ourselves.

You say that Oberon is plant-based, but for some reason he could probably also be classified as the Radiation frame. One could also call him a "Life" frame, and a counterpart to Nekros as a Death frame.

We also have Mirage for Light, and if you want to get a bit obscure and off-track a bit you could say that Banshee's element is Sound (functionally Blast damage), and Nyx's is the Mind.

Does anti-matter count as an element? If so then Nova controls it. How far do we have to digress before Guns become an element and Mesa counts as an elemental frame?

I think a Grineer frame would have to be tanky, and have some focus on Mechanical/Steampunk abilities. Bulky turrets, Iron man-esque mounted weapons, that sort of thing.

Before we start wondering about future Elementals, lets first fix the ones we have. Seriously, Frost, Ember, and Volt basically have the same abilities. The only ones they have that are truly unique to them are their 2s. Their 1s are practically the same ability with the only difference being what type of elemental damage is applied. Their 3s all serve the same basic purpose(defence), and their 4s are all elemental AOEs.

58 minutes ago, Kerberos-3 said:

Their 1s are practically the same ability with the only difference being what type of elemental damage is applied. Their 3s all serve the same basic purpose(defence), and their 4s are all elemental AOEs.

Well if you class "defence ability" and "AoE of a certain damage type" as something so specific as for all abilities of that type to be the same, then yes they are similar, but there are a lot of differences. For one, Frost has an omnidirectional, bulletproof barrier, Ember has a ground-based, non-bulletproof, damage-on-contact wall (with a blast at the start), and Volt has a one-directional, bulletproof, ally-buffing, wieldable shield. They're quite different when you describe them properly, and there are a lot of other frames with abilities that can be described as "defence object" (Atlas, Hydroid, Titania, Limbo, Vauban, Titania, Saryn, Oberon, Nyx). 

As for their 4s, WoF is nothing like Avalanche and Discharge, it just spams AoEs everywhere as opposed to an actual blast. Avalanche and Discharge are somewhat similar in that they both stop enemies, but using incredibly different mechanics. As with before, there are also plenty of frames that have a PBAoE damage blast (Oberon, Banshee, Equinox, Excalibur, Mag, Rhino, Saryn).

Overall there are enough noticeable differences for the frames to not be the same, and when viewed as a whole rather than by their abilities alone, it's easy to see that each Frame has a very different purpose. Good luck taking Ember to a standard defence, or using Frost on the move.

If we restrictly designing frames for the elements now then I could say - Dark / Shadow / Dust / Sand / Mud can be used for a theme as frame. Also Sun / Light / can be used for new frames. 

Also if we look further than this then I could say we can use already used themes and make new frames around it because a simple element can be used many way. Fire can be used more ways what we already use now with ember and nezha.

If we see another ways what can be used as team but these are not element then. 

Monk / Staff master / Fighter / Duelist / Beast frame / Beast master - tamer / Drone pilot / Mechanist / Engineer (I know booben but there can be more) / Spy frame / Hacker / Camouflage / Explorer / Scout / Wanderer / Witch / Witchcraft / Witchhunter / Cossack / Saboteur / Sanguist / Heretic / Dusk / Elementarist (invoker here) / Legionare / Lizard / Trapper / Hunter / Bow master - Archer (affinity on using bows) / Wizard / Voidwalker / Spirit / Ghost / Plant / Tree - Treant / Dryad / Centaur / Mermaid / Medusa / Snake / Soldier / Sniper / Pathfinder / Patriot / Pirate / Nymph / Angel - Demon (there are tons of options) / Naga / Harpy / Falconer / Mecha /  Zealot / Priest / Bishop / Gardener / Collector / Necromancer / Venomancer / Reaver / Shard / Obsidian / Crystal / Magma / Vampyr / Xenomorph (my concept). 

etc. Just few on my mind at moment.

Edited by Sziklamester

Ash - Shadows
Atlas - Earth/Rock
Banshee - Sound
Chroma - Energy
Ember - Fire
Equinox - Energy/Night and Day
Excalibur - Void Energy
Frost - Ice/Cold
Harrow - Death
Hydroid - Water
Inaros - Sand
Ivara - Swamp/Frog/Nature
Limbo - The rift/Alternate Dimensional Energy
Loki - Invisibility
Mag - Magnetic energy
Mesa -  (No idea)
Mirage - Light
Nekros - Death
Nezha - Fire
Nidus - Infested
Nova - Anti-matter
Nyx - Mind Energy
Oberon - Life
Octavia - Music
Rhino - Stone/Rock/Pain
Saryn - Toxin
Titania - Flight
Trinity - Pure Energy
Valkyr - Rage
Vauban - Mechanisms
Volt - Electricity
WuKong - Power/Strength
Zephyr - Wind/Flight

There's nothing stopping frames being the same type/element. Also, some frames just simply don't really have elements. Some of these I'm really pushing. Ivara's isn't the element of frogs. In reality, she's more the frame of nature, more specifically, swamps. Loki is not technically the frame with the element of invisibility, because invisibility isn't an element. Most frames have elements of a certain type of energy. Limbo is quite interesting since his element is the energy of an alternate or parallel dimension.