Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Harrow good?

mosaickle

Question

12 answers to this question

Just now, NSDBL said:

About to start Chains of Edgelord, is he good for casual play?

i actually thought i wouldnt like him 

but it was easier to get into his combat style then i thought , but ive seen some have issue, so not for everyone 

lot of quick casts/clutch play going on, and active gun play with accuracy being key 

hes very offensive support 

IMG_c7fc35a7-02f9-480f-a758-50f4123b673f

26 minutes ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

thats why you add rage

um.... what good is rage if there's nothing to kill.... not to mention it requires you to have no shields which kind of goes against harrows design....

And if you meant range due to a typo, again that is completely useless if there is nothing to kill....you can have infinite range on harrow but if you can't kill any enemies his abilities are basically null and void in regards to healing and giving energy because they need you to kill stuff.

1 hour ago, LSG501 said:

um.... what good is rage if there's nothing to kill.... not to mention it requires you to have no shields which kind of goes against harrows design....

And if you meant range due to a typo, again that is completely useless if there is nothing to kill....you can have infinite range on harrow but if you can't kill any enemies his abilities are basically null and void in regards to healing and giving energy because they need you to kill stuff.

your forgetting bleed/toxin bypass shield  and deal direct dmg , rage ahs saved me a few times now so i could cast 4>2 , but yes shields are apart of kit , but you can add range to say use 2/3 and use a  scourge [or other projectile] and take out enemies from a distance, the problem with fighting with AOE / nukers is most people focus on the cannon fodder the aoes take out, go after the bigger enemies they cant take out fast , tactics in play right?

but sure on defense with limited space, aoes will out-range you , and on low levels aoes burn through enemies fast to the point you could leave and have same effect 

trihards will always exist but there ways  to help your play style  like acid shells / thermomagnetic ect types to scale damage and deal a chain kills

i found using zenistar helps with the aoe  issue a bit, but thats a 300 day login most dont have 

even caustyst works well as it can punchthrough solid objects to get around allies with LOS 

its called tactics, and with the right plan /setup you can do good 

but there are situations i lower levels were you will be kill starved regardless of plan, that happens with any frame and a nuker/trihard present 

but in higher missions l, i found most teammate will let me get kills only so they dont die xD 

3 minutes ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

your forgetting bleed/toxin bypass shield  and deal direct dmg , rage ahs saved me a few times now so i could cast 4>2 , but yes shields are apart of kit , but you can add range to say use 2/3 and use a  scourge [or other projectile] and take out enemies from a distance, the problem with fighting with AOE / nukers is most people focus on the cannon fodder the aoes take out, go after the bigger enemies they cant take out fast , tactics in play right?

I don't think I've had an occasion where I've seen the need for rage over just pressing 3 at set intervals but then I run zenurik with most frames, even harrow strangely, and usually run a life strike melee weapon. 

Just now, LSG501 said:

I don't think I've had an occasion where I've seen the need for rage over just pressing 3 at set intervals but then I run zenurik with most frames, even harrow strangely, and usually run a life strike melee weapon. 

i have life strike, but i run naramon normally im not caught of guard, but a few times a teamate will run behind me [while cloaked]  an a bombard rocket or gorgon spray hits me in a accidental crossfire xD and im near death have to cast 4 to prevent any further damage, cast 3 and use lifestrike works , but as you said, if i dont get kills its a nice back source, but thats my build for dealing with enemies of higher levels [but plenty of my builds have been called unorthodox but i make them work for me] 

anything low i run siphon , you could also have a energy restore weapon like syanoid/ratka to help , if allies are taking all the kills at least you get energy topped off quickly  

you can try to layout some backup strategies to counter issues in situations, but cant plan for everything :awkward:

3 hours ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

i actually thought i wouldnt like him 

but it was easier to get into his combat style then i thought , but ive seen some have issue, so not for everyone 

lot of quick casts/clutch play going on, and active gun play with accuracy being key 

hes very offensive support 

I had thought that I wouldn't like him either.  Some how I ended up using the Supra Vandal with him and I'm keeping that weapon with him.  He is very offensive in his healing/energy support role.  I'd now say that it's a toss up between him and Oberon Prime when I'm choosing to play healer. 

Just now, DatDarkOne said:

I had thought that I wouldn't like him either.  Some how I ended up using the Supra Vandal with him and I'm keeping that weapon with him.  He is very offensive in his healing/energy support role.  I'd now say that it's a toss up between him and Oberon Prime when I'm choosing to play healer. 

i <3 supra :D , but i really like scourge also now ..