Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If you don't follow the prices of warframe.market website, you are labelled as a scammer though trade never occurred instead I asked a question.

TalesNexus

1 hour ago, saltygr33n said:

It is the exact reason why I don't like going to trade chat, I do not like or want to deal with such people. There are no official price, they're made by players that feel is a reasonable price for its rarity. If people want to talk official price, maybe they should pay at the price of prime access's worth.

There cannot be official prices because in this game loot and mods drop randomly and this rng different to everyone. Everyone wish to sell wares on their own prices what they feel is reasonable.

17 hours ago, --Q--Voltage said:

The reason people use warframe.market is because they either A) Don't know how to use trade chat, B) Do not have time to use trade chat, C) Use it to flip items in trade chat, or D) Are plain lazy. There are no other exceptions. 

Well I'm going to go ahead and disprove your "theory".

I know how to use trade chat, and used it until I discovered warframe.market, I have plenty of free time to use trade chat but choose not to, I don't care enough to flip items as I make plenty from standard sales of my drops alone, and I put too much time into this game selling items to be considered "lazy" in terms of playing this game.

I use warframe.market because its easier as the buyers come to me without me without having to advertise outside of the original posting. It doesn't require sitting in the near toxic trade chat constantly spamming my items for sale. Additionally, I can easily set up trades outside of being logged on through the website chat feature so I can be playing other games with that chat up on a second monitor and log into WF when people want to trade.

So no, there are plenty of exceptions to your narrowminded view on the website. It is a highly functional tool that sidesteps nearly every current issue with trade-chat.

45 minutes ago, Serafinia said:

There cannot be official prices because in this game loot and mods drop randomly and this rng different to everyone. Everyone wish to sell wares on their own prices what they feel is reasonable.

^this
i got 3 oberon prime systems in an axi mission (and no rad share, just luck), so when i sold them i had no problem in reducing the price of some pl, but if you are more unlucky and got one after like 10/15 relics or more you are obviously willing to gain more pl from that part with all the time spent to get it

So the thing about Warframe.market is that it isn't a site that gives prices that someone just sort of thought up and they never change - it's a place where people can post buy and sell offers.

With that in mind, the price there is usually going to be representative of what people are willing to sell and buy it - after all, if people can get it cheaper off people selling on that site, they will.

With that said, it's important to consider the full range of offers on the site. A single low sell offer is probably just someone trying to sell quickly.

In short, a majority of the players that throw the term "scam" and "scammer" around have no idea what the word even means let alone even the slightest inkling as to how trade in WF works.

You are free to charge whatever you wish for anything you wish provided none of it breaches DE's trade policy. As long as you deliver on exactly what was agreed upon for the price agreed upon then you have done nothing wrong and the agreement has been met. The market itself will dictate whether your price is too high as you will struggle to find a buyer. Either forcing you to lower your prices or sweeten the deal.

I actually despise the trading community in WF. It's a toxic cesspool populated with children throwing temper tantrums every time they don't get their way that have no understanding of how the market works. Some are smarter and know that throwing the word scam around is an effective way to manipulate people into giving them what they want.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

24 minutes ago, StinkyPygmy said:

In short, a majority of the players that throw the term "scam" and "scammer" around have no idea what the word even means let alone even the slightest inkling as to how trade in WF works.

yeah, people says scammer just because you don't offer the same that it's offered on wfmarket. I can sell an ammo drum for 500pl, and if someone wants to buy it i'm not a scammer, because he accepted my offer. And in the same way i can look for an ember prime bp for 10 pl, i'm not a scammer, but just a dumb that it's never going to get it because i don't understand how market works (which is probably the situation of at least 30% of the wf community while trading)

On 7/31/2017 at 6:57 PM, --Q--Voltage said:

Scamming is stealing. Overpricing is not. People in Warframe use the word scamming because they don't want to blame themselves for overpaying on something or selling something too cheap. You accepted the trade and you own it. End of story.

Ah, pretty much what I meant. However, the word "scamming" has seen very frequent uses that it is almost always synonimous with overpricing. But yeah, I see what you mean.

However, does deceiving others in trade a valid reason for a report? Being someone who has never reported someone, I don't know whether deceiving someone is a valid reason to be reported (aka, illegal action) or not.

• 3 months later...
On 7/30/2017 at 10:55 PM, IIWingSaberII said:

Hi, 

This old veteran player has some few simple questions to ask with regards to trading aspects of the game if you don't follow the prices of this website as suggested by another player to me to use it i.e warframe.market website for the worth of each item, you are being labelled as a scammer at the end, even though trade never occurred instead of that I asked a question which completely misinterpreted by another player as he asked so I replied in return. He uses a strong & offensive language against me for it as well whereas I kept it clean during the whole process as I endured & ignored at the end as suggested by the customer service of warframe support.

-  Has Digital Extremes or Developers officially recognized this website http://warframe.market/?. 

-  If I don't follow the prices of this so called website i.e. http://warframe.market/, you are unofficially labelled as a scammer though trade never occurred instead of that I only replied as he requested to me to ask in question format with regards what I'm seeking out for since the player said that he will pay in all mods or prime parts since it was Want to Trade (WTT) not platinum trade at all. 

-   Since when does an individual player is highly obligated to follow such unofficial prices by these third party sites which is not even officially recognized by Developers or Digital Extremes itself?.

- If this player uses strong, offensive language & states that I don't feel to correct it as well. Does it mean that we are not following the code of conduct of this game anymore?. Are we allowed to use offensive language, whenever any player feels like now?.

- Is this trade channel not an FREE MARKET?. Besides, Does an individual player has no right to sell at their own given price?. Kindly verify me officially if I'm wrong.  

If I've officially missed certain information regarding it, DE or moderators can guide me through as I had official only taken a break from Dec,2015 - May 2017. Perhaps, I've missed a lot of information regarding it during this period of break from warframe. 

Just sharing my salty/toxic moment that I had with a player of 178 hrs playtime in his profile as stated in it.

So much for my personal experience with the game, when I was right there before the trade chat channel got introduced. 

If you have come across such of absurd trade chat in my opinion that is, just share your moment, what did you do in return to move forward in the trade chat? 

Thanks in advance.

To be fair, if the Prime part prices were regulated by the Developers. No one would buy anything. Have you seen the Garbage prices in the market?

Edited by Robofortress

I'll just say that the amount of plat some items or sets are apparently worth is just staggeringly disgusting. Sure, I don't shy away from making extra plat but I stock up on prime sets to in general trade for stuff like syndicate weapons and mods and prime sets I don't own. But god damn, some people rate some items so highly, you'd imagine the damn thing to be a unique item, from a limited release with only ten intact examples in existence. 

On 7/31/2017 at 12:55 AM, IIWingSaberII said:

Hi, 

This old veteran player has some few simple questions to ask with regards to trading aspects of the game if you don't follow the prices of this website as suggested by another player to me to use it i.e warframe.market website for the worth of each item, you are being labelled as a scammer at the end, even though trade never occurred instead of that I asked a question which completely misinterpreted by another player as he asked so I replied in return. He uses a strong & offensive language against me for it as well whereas I kept it clean during the whole process as I endured & ignored at the end as suggested by the customer service of warframe support.

-  Has Digital Extremes or Developers officially recognized this website http://warframe.market/?. 

-  If I don't follow the prices of this so called website i.e. http://warframe.market/, you are unofficially labelled as a scammer though trade never occurred instead of that I only replied as he requested to me to ask in question format with regards what I'm seeking out for since the player said that he will pay in all mods or prime parts since it was Want to Trade (WTT) not platinum trade at all. 

-   Since when does an individual player is highly obligated to follow such unofficial prices by these third party sites which is not even officially recognized by Developers or Digital Extremes itself?.

- If this player uses strong, offensive language & states that I don't feel to correct it as well. Does it mean that we are not following the code of conduct of this game anymore?. Are we allowed to use offensive language, whenever any player feels like now?.

- Is this trade channel not an FREE MARKET?. Besides, Does an individual player has no right to sell at their own given price?. Kindly verify me officially if I'm wrong.  

If I've officially missed certain information regarding it, DE or moderators can guide me through as I had official only taken a break from Dec,2015 - May 2017. Perhaps, I've missed a lot of information regarding it during this period of break from warframe. 

Just sharing my salty/toxic moment that I had with a player of 178 hrs playtime in his profile as stated in it.

So much for my personal experience with the game, when I was right there before the trade chat channel got introduced. 

If you have come across such of absurd trade chat in my opinion that is, just share your moment, what did you do in return to move forward in the trade chat? 

Thanks in advance.

You're free to price your stuff at whatever price you want, but as a consumer I find it prudent when shopping for anything in life to want to know what someone else is willing to pay, or what they did pay, or how much something is selling for elsewhere.

Don't expect warmness or even understanding when you value something at the high. People should research what they're trying to buy.

But it doesn't shock me people are that insulting when someone's getting low-balled. F2P game economies are always awful when dealing with other players, its unavoidable salt that inherently occurs in F2P game economies. Warframe is no different.

Dear Fellow Tennos, 

I sincerely apologize for my late reply as I've received the reply long way back from DE customer support but forgot to update on this matter. It was a very positive & thorough detailed reply which I received on 22nd August 2017. I really appreciated the clarification on their end that Warframe.market is a fan site & not official related to Digital Extremes. It's a free market which is confirmed by their reply, however, if you feel, it's incorrect, you are most welcome to inquire at your own leisure to DE customer support/Developers or Moderators with regards to it. 

Lastly, from the reply, I've received, As the moderator stated this statement is absolutely perfectly right with answer is all I can suggest below:-

On 8/1/2017 at 1:31 AM, Letter13 said:

What it boils down to is that it's a free and open market. Charge what you want, pay what you're willing to, if no sale happens, then no sale happens (and you may want to adjust your asking/offering price).

At any time if another user is abusive towards you (insulting you, swearing at you, verbally abusing you) you should screenshot their message(s) and attach them to a Support Ticket to report the user for misconduct. You may also right click their name on chat and report them that way. 

Abusive behavior is not tolerated here, be it in game or on the forums. The sooner you report it, the sooner punishment can be meted. 

Be careful & ignore if it doesn't appeal to you with regards to anything. If any player still uses abusive action as stated above by the moderator in spite of it, use report function in-game & don't forget to take the screenshot of entire chat log or video as well to report to the support desk to act as an evidence. Rest leave it in the DE in hands as they will take care on their end.:satisfied:

I thank all the player's opinion in the thread & thus, I won't take any part as the matter got over earlier itself for me & I've already moved on from that point itself, sadly I had forgotten to update it my end at that particular time when I received it from DE customers support. I sincerely apologize for my end.

Your kind is understanding is truly appreciated & co-operation on this matter.

Thanking You,

With Sincere Regards,

IIWingSaberII

Edited by IIWingSaberII

• 3 weeks later...
On 20/11/2017 at 11:07 AM, phoenix1992 said:

TLDR: 

Entitled people go to trade and demand the same prices in WF market, yet refuse to deal with the people that sell on WF market.

But hey, a fan system that is not regulated by DE is always right and there is no way to abuse the crap out of it, right?

And THAT is how it is said. 

I'll add my personal view about this : 

Website such as warframe.market is just terrible  , you are not a scammer for not following the price set in the website and as long both player agree there is no scam

This kind of website is good and bad in same time , it is good for a price check , but some "dirty" trader can abuse and play with price .

And Like it's been said by others Tenno , this is a free market , it's your item you can buy or sell at price you wish to 

for language issue -> You either block him or screenshots to support for this abuse

On 7/31/2017 at 8:30 AM, Fallen_Echo said:
On 7/31/2017 at 6:55 AM, IIWingSaberII said:

Our trade chat become extremely toxic due to its numerous problems from the scammers, scalpers its general clunkiness and soo on. This resulted in a toxic behaviour when if someone doesnt sell/buy his items for your prefferred price you can safely assume that hes trying to scam/scalp you. For example the various people who want to sell Trinity prime BP's for 100p to newbies and when they get comfronted for it they simply put you on ignore list.

I don't agree.Let's be honest,market it's always a win or lose situation.Buying low from someone,and reselling higher..is that a scam too?is selling ember prime 600 platinum a scam?

Nope.It's a bad deal for one of the trader.Traders want to make profit.Not everyone can actually trow away platinum,or are rich enough to buy it constantly.

Scamming is when you switch items at the end hoping the other side will not notice.Or ask a refound for platinum you used to pay a trade.That's a scam.

Is selfish to sell to higher price to people not knowing the prices?Yes.Is it wrong?No. Youi're not getting scammed.You're getting the short side of the stick because marketing is based on knowledge and information,if you can't check up the value of items,then i'm sorry,new or not,it 's your fault (and i've been tricked a lot when i began.Hell,even DE gave me the short side of the stick,since i stopped playing for a couple year and never know they implemented a vault.Sold 5 ember prime set to the baro.Bet he was happy).

Price on wf market are low.Why?Because you can actually play and not sit in a chat 24h/24,if someone is interested he will pm you.You sacrifice platinum for confort.

You're free to sell stuff at whatever price you like,as long as you're willing to use your time hoping for a "better deal".

If their answer is "nope,i can buy it for less on wf market,you're scamming me" mine is "Then why are you here?Bet those player are afk,this is my price,if you don't like it,no problem,have a nice day."

Edited by Deristel

there is no offical price for stuff its your own price for how much you want to sell it unless DE offically makes a trading/price list of items so pepole can actually scam since its offical if they say your a scammer just say that theres no offical price and that its your price and if you dont want it you dont want it but that is my opinion if anyone can have some constructive critisim about this post that would be great if i got anything wrong

Whenever I buy or sell items, I check warframe.market first. While I do not base my prices solely on the prices presented there, I like to make sure that the item I buy or sell is within a reasonable price range set forth by the market (usually the most commonly listed price). In the vast majority of these cases, the person willing to sell or buy the item has no issues with the price, but there are people who will go well beyond that price for an item I desire and it does make me feel slightly uncomfortable. As an Xbox player, I rarely buy platinum unless it is on sale (right now) and I want to make sure I get a fair deal each time.

Generally speaking, I haven't encountered anyone nearly as toxic as some members pointed out in this thread, but there have been times when a person has tried to change a deal mid-trade in order to maximize the platinum they can make off of their items.

Scamming can be a problem (albeit a slight one insofar as I am concerned). This especially true for newer players. I have a little brother that plays Warframe and I try to advise him on what is and isn't fair if he uses trade chat as it is full of people who will take advantage of a newer player like him. Doing so in a free market, however, is difficult...

Edited by (XB1)N7 Sinner