Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Relic reward - how best to decise

GrandLompus

Question

When doing fissure missions with a squad, how do you choose which relic reward to pick at the end?  I'm still nowhere near complete with the prime parts, and since there are so many to choose from I find it very difficult to decide in 10 seconds what to pick.

I'm playing on PC, and my strategy for now is to keep an Excel file open with all prime parts I already have and/or know I could get.  The sheet lists the parts I haven't got in bold (alphabetized).  That way the 10 seconds give me enough time to check up on 2, sometimes 3, of the choices by quickly alt-tabbing, but it is always frustrating I never get to check on all of them.  This way I have quite often missed the better part to pick...

One way would be to run fissure missions solo; that way there's no choosing anxiety :)  But apart from memorizing all available parts (with selling prices so you can pick the best selling one when needed), what other strategies do you use?

Maybe it's time someone wrote a screen capture app with OCR capabilities that highlighted the choices not yet in your list? :)

Edited by GrandLompus

10 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, GrandLompus said:

The sheet lists the parts I haven't got

That reward selection screen already tells you how many of each part you have, though.

Aside from maybe stocking up on soon-to-be-vaulted stuff,
you could just see which are the rarest rewards (denoted by color)
and then decide between those based on which you have the least of.

Depends.  If there's a forma BP and I'm out, I tend to take that vs commons and uncommons, but not rares.  Otherwise, I typically pick the one in the highest rarity, and if there are multiples in that category, I pick the one I have less of.  Exceptions exist - if I recognize a vaulted rare, that gets picked over non-vaulted, and when a new Prime Access has come out, parts of it get priority.

personally i go first on rarity, then you have to look if some part is vaulted (there aren't this much, so quite easy to remember) and you should if the vaulted or the rare is worth more platinum (and thus allows you to buy the other if you want it and have some pl). Then if all the drops are common/uncommon go for what you are missing or what you think sells better. 

All nice info - can you believe I didn't pick up on those clues at all?  Didn't know the selection screen indicated if you already owned the parts, nor their rarity?  Guess I was too obsessed with making the right choice and alt-tabbing my &#! off that I didn't look at the screen in that detail - lol :)

7 minutes ago, Wrum said:

grab the gold rarity ones first always if there are multiple of these get the one you don't have. for every thing else just grab if you don't have

Indeed a good strategy!  Problem was that I didn't pick up on the rarity clues nor the "do I already have it" clues...

37 minutes ago, GrandLompus said:

Indeed a good strategy!  Problem was that I didn't pick up on the rarity clues nor the "do I already have it" clues...

ya it displays the text in gold silver or bronze and it shows how many you have on the picture.