Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why are there Interception missions during quests?

Monlyth

As someone who generally prefers to play solo, why are Interception missions a thing during the early quests? Having a group with you is all but required to beat those missions, and you can't get any PuGs to join you with Public matchmaking. Meaning you have to find a clan or hope someone in regional chat is willing. I like being able to do missions by myself, and Interception missions have made me ragequit on more than one occasion. Please change this.

When I first play this game, I thought "how can I do interception solo? Towers will sure be captured by enemy when I am not there!... die already!"

But when I learnt that I don't win when I have all tower captured at the same time BUT by the percentage going to 100% faster than the enemy, then it feels easy already.

Just go around capturing towers and don't worry if a tower or two were recaptured by enemy, just continue go around capturing towers and soon we will reach 100% faster than the enemy and win. Easy.

Specters are one way of beating them, some of which are the first bought rewards from Syndicates if I'm not mistaken. Certain Frames can make them a breeze as well...

What's most important it to capture all of the points as fast as you can, then see which point the enemies are mostly focusing on, and play Defense on that. The AI are a little derp right now, so most Interceptions end up just being "Protect point D", and that's it until the next round.

Need to practice bullet jumps and rolling in the air to move as fast as possible. Focusing on capturing and then recapturing to keep ahead of the enemy. I have a mouse with multiple extra buttons and a custom keybind setup, so I can easily zip around the maps, not on my usual PC to share them atm either.

CC effects can stop or slow the enemy down, and there are different abilities available to do so. A Nova with max duration and 145% Pwr Strength is the top option, Frost's Ice Wave Impedance mod and Avalanche are also helpful (Range and Duration), as well as Volt's Discharge and Nezha's Spikes are some that I've used.

Those who struggle with Interceptions are unaware at all about the GUI.  When the enemy is capturing a point, one of the blue letters starts to blink. You have like..7 seconds (?) to drop whatever you're doing and get over there and kill the enemy standing behind the console. Your focus on this mission should be those 4 letters at the top of your screen, not running around far from the capture points killing enemies. They are endless, you are not making the mission easier by doing this but harder. All it takes is 1 enemy to capture a point even if you killed the other 99.

About this as well, many players (even those who clearly played the game long enough to have high MR) somehow never learned how the enemy captures points to begin with. They don't do it like us by standing in the circle. They hack one of the two consoles at the capture point. I have seen many players just stand there in the middle shooting at enemies completely unaware of the one enemy who casually runs behind them and captures the point with the player still in it and the alarm going on the entire time.

When playing alone, after capturing all 4 points, stand in a centralized position of the map so you can easily reach any point in time when it starts to be captured. Focus on the letters, not the enemy.

Another tip: when playing with others, you're NOT helping by standing with another player to capture a point faster. What happens here is that the enemy troops spawn as soon as one point is captured. Example:
2 players capture A while B and C are still at 50% and nobody is at D.  Because A reached 100% earlier, the mission has started and enemies are attacking. They will go to A first but there is usually nobody there because both players ran off to capture D or go on a mindless killing spree. A gets captured, somebody leaves B or C to recapture it, leaving their point vulnerable as the next enemy re-capture, etc etc etc. The whole thing keeps going in circles.

4 capture points, 4 players.  It's so bloody obvious how to do Interception easy. Capture all 4 simultaneously and stay there! If no enemy comes to you and you're feeling bored, suck it up. The moment you leave, the AI WILL make a run for your point. It's made to do that.
Some Interception maps are large open areas, making it easy to cover other points without leaving your own. Use weapons that have good accuracy Only focus on the 2 console panels. On Cerberus and Grineer Asteroid maps, I can cover 6 of 8 panels all by myself by standing on one specific location.