Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Atlas Rework

(PSN)mahoshonenfox

Hi. This is my suggestion for an Atlas rework.

Land Slide - Hardly any change. This is a fun ability. The only thing I would add to it is to prolong the moment of invulnerability to last 1 second longer after performing a punch. Its affected by duration mods.

Tectonic - Completely changed ability renamed to Earthquake. Atlas punches the ground and deals 500 impact damage to all enemies within 10 meters of him. Enemies affected will be blown away from Atlas. Damage and range are affected by mods. If these enemies slam into walls or obstacles of the tile set, they receive additional finisher damage equal to 50% of their max health.

Petrify - Also another changed ability renamed to Fault Zone. Acts like Zephyr's Dive Bomb and can only be cast in mid air. Atlas smashes his fist from the air and into the ground. Deals 500 impact damage to all enemies within 10 meters of him with 100% impact proc. Damage and range are affected by mods. The base damage and range is multiplied by the distance Atlas drops from after casting. For each 1 meter, the damage and range is increased by 20%.

Rumblers - Changed to a new ability called High Pressure. This is a channeled ability. Once activated, drains 2 energy per second. For each second this ability is active, Atlas gains 1% bonus to power strength and 1% damage resistance. Power strength bonus caps at 100% and damage resistance caps at 95%. Cap and increment value is affected by strength mods.

His passive stays the same. And I guess his augment mods need to be changed. Maybe these abilities could be for a completely new warframe but I thought the idea of playing him just as a The Hulk was more fun than him being an earth bender or something.

I really like his 4th ability change, it sounds awesome.

However your tectonic change is quite redundant because atlas' final cut from his 1st ability already does the blown away thing and the "slam to wall" damage can also be easily applied to the final cut as well. As for petrify, It's not very practical tbh, because why bother doing so while you can just spam his landslide which is faster, more effective and requires less movements?

Earthquake and Faultzone seem rather similar a bit mechanically but mostly visually and I think this ideas are a bit away from a rock theme frame and more into a tremor theme frame, I think they don´t help much with the brawler theme either. 

I know his powers seem a bit weird, but I think they help his role very well, as a dedicated brawler frame, his latest powers help him cover for the weaknesses of melee gameplay, tectonics helps protect you from range attacks, putting one while meleeing a group helps protect you  since you can pass through it but enemies can´t, preventing from getting surrounded and giving you cover fron range. Petrify helps you keep enemies in place when going melee only and avoid enemies dispersing easily away from you and the golems are melee support that helps you divert damage from you while also attacking.

I think your ideas remove the bit of support his abilities give him to function in favor  of a more damage oriented role.

I have another idea for his 3. I dunno what to name it but it seems interesting.

You need to aim your cursor at a target before it can be activated like Land Slide. Once activated, Atlas rushes towards the enemy and grabs it. He can hold the enemy for a limited duration and his melee weapon is replaced by the enemy. Lol. When you swing your melee attack, Atlas swings the enemy around and you can smack it at other enemies.

Any damage you receive will be received by the enemy you're holding. The damage you deal with the enemy is based on their current health. Each time you hit something with your hostage, it loses health. The ability ends either when Atlas lets the enemy go by pressing 3 again, when the enemy dies or when the duration ends.

Its not supposed to be the most powerful ability. Its just supposed to be fun, I guess.

i think this:

Tectonics - Summon a rock-wall, activate again to send the rocks crashing towards the enemy.

Petrify - Fossilize foes with Atlas' hardened gaze.

Rumblers - Summon two elemental stone brawlers to the melee.

These are very cool abilities i think.

Now talking about your rework.

It might be a new warframe idea, and if you would suggest it, i would upvote it, but as a rework, for atlas i don't like it.

The petrify can only be done by him which synergizes really well with ore gaze + nekros(petrify can be done by focus too, but at there it's useless...)

Tectonics grants you a wall (donald trump likes it) which keeps enemies away from defensive objects/good to lock doors/safety ways for enemies(backfire your &#!)

Rumblers sometimes are more badass than Atlas is, and only his first skill can make him to be on same level as them.

DE has done a great job with Atlas.

• 3 months later...

I have seen how damage 3.0 rework will be based on the new coming frame based on damage change output for I,P,S. and i never liked petrify, so like equinox's 1 shift her form, i dont know if this could replace it or be activated somehow in another manner. Atlas is the earth based frame, it would be interesting if he could change damage type based on three different materials he was embodying, each three effecting the effects of his three other powers. each of these three would also alter his appearance, by growing said materiel on his knuckles, forearms, and back (imaging diamond head from BenTen). So by activating the 1st ability (like Ivara) you could cycle through material/damage type and therefore change your game play style

Impact dmg = Granite (grows blocky slate like material that is dull grey) Also gives slight increase to base armor as well as slight electrical, gas, and freeze resistance 

Landslide
Bash enemies with an exploding sliding punch, repeat for a devastating combo, causes rag doll effect sending primary enemy into stratosphere, and those in close proximity to fall.

Tectonics
Summon a granite-wall, activate again to send the rocks crashing towards the enemy. temporary stun to enemies when wall forms (like a few seconds) with an earthquake like effect as Atlas smashes the ground and the wall blasts up from the ground, when the granite ball is formed and shot out it knocks down enemies and can be exploded on command or after set time. hits that also cusses knock back

Rumblers
Summon two elemental stone brawlers to the melee. These stay the same but their texture would more resemble granite stone   

Pierce dmg = Diomond (grows spike gem like material that looks like quarts crystals) Also gives slight increase to base armor  as well as slight corrosive and electrical resistance

Landslide

Landslide
Bash enemies with an exploding sliding punch, repeat for a devastating combo, breaks through enemy armor more effectively (good against greener) and leaves a diamond spike in each target, if hit again with same attack causes increase in damage

Tectonics
Summon a diamond-wall, activate again to send the crystal spikes crashing towards the enemy., strips armor and can pin enemies to walls/floor  

Rumblers
Summon two elemental diamond brawlers to the melee, throw spears of diamond to impale foes and leave spikes on ground that cause pierce damage. 

Slash dmg = Obsidian (grows shard  like material) Also gives slight increase to base slash damage on any melee weapon excluding bladed or pole arms weapons, as well as slight heat resistance resistance

Landslide
Bash enemies with an exploding sliding punch, repeat for a devastating combo. Slash proc all around   

Tectonics
Summon an obsidian-wall, activate again to send the shards crashing towards the enemy.    

Rumblers
Summon two elemental stone brawlers to the melee. 

? What's wrong with atlas.

His 1 is fantastic damage as is, 2 a semi globe with a Cc button and his rublers scale with his defensive stats....theyr damage isn't that great or anything but they stagger and obstruct enemys for you, what is rather usefull. Not to mention how theyr stats are set. I mean theyr duration starts at 45s, what's quite fantastic.

The only thing that doesn't work out well in his kit is pertifying with how it raises enemy defense for some reason (got 40k damage flat landslide damage reduced to 400 on some eximus just today.) 

For that to be fixed propperly would do a lot for him allready.