Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do people make their platinum?

BrainCancerBroccoli

Question

11 answers to this question

You can buy platinum if you get a 50-75% discounts on it which is pretty much a good deal otherwise if you need platinum then you can trade for prime items which simply needs just relics and relic farming then you can get from these some useful / less useful stuff. Worth to check which items vaulted or going to be vaulting and you can buy some item before vaulting with cheap plat then sell them later if you don't need too many copies. Also there are always some helpful people on trade chat or in regional chat so you can ask some which items are fine or which not really.

That what you constantly given answer is right because you need to spend a lot of time to farm items and if you have full sets of items you can easier sell them if you have patience with the trading chat. 

also a minor help. 

https://warframe.market/

The prices here not set in stone but could be useful when you are looking for specific items either you buy or sell items.

people will buy veiled rivens if you just need enough plat for riven slots and stuff like that. What others have said to the newer prime items will sell for more. Also i like to sell max primed mods those can fetch a hefty price. So you can do sorties for endo and rivens thats one way for potential plat or you can farm fissures for another source of income

5 minutes ago, Mepheri said:

day one primes fetch for a decent price.

also event mods.

and primed mods.

and invasion weapons.

To add to the above: and syndicate weapons and mods.

But it really does take time and patience. Some days, you'll get lucky and make you daily limit of trades. Other days, you'll get nothing. It happens. Just watch trade chat and see what items are in high demand and try to acquire them. Also, price competitively and be willing to negotiate.

not all the prime parts and sets sells well, usually rare parts sells well, uncommon it's more hard, you have to find someone that need it, common ones only from players that buy them from ducats. And also in rarity axi uncommon are more worth than lith common in most of the cases

the exceptions are: vaulted parts, even common can be sold for some platinum easily after they come back into the vault, and prime access parts, but for those you need to be lucky, or to farm hard for those.

other than prime sets we have corrupted mods, not all but some of them sells better (because they have the same drop rate, but some of them are rarer than others); primed mods, all the mods sold by baro (electric+status, +120% impact/slash/puncture); syndacates weapons and baro weapons and some syndacates mods, but usualy it's easier to find trade for them than sell them for pl

And on top of it, if you have done TWW, there are rivens. If you get lucky you can sold a riven mod for 100pl, or for 500pl, or for 1000+pl, or just sold them for endo or credit

I sell drift mods. They don't go for much but sell like hotcakes, and getting them is super easy; lua exterminates can yield up to 3 drift mods, plus chances to get loot from sentients and forma from music rooms, as well as the lua caches which can drop nitain, xiphos parts, and good amounts of endo.

6 minutes ago, redeyedtreefrog said:

I sell drift mods. They don't go for much but sell like hotcakes, and getting them is super easy; lua exterminates can yield up to 3 drift mods, plus chances to get loot from sentients and forma from music rooms, as well as the lua caches which can drop nitain, xiphos parts, and good amounts of endo.

If you don't mind lemme join you when you're doing lua, I need forma from those music rooms.

31 minutes ago, BrainCancerBroccoli said:

I've spoken to many player and I keep getting the same answers, "Time", "Sets:, "Patience",But I've put in a lot of that with absolutely no results. Does anybody have tips you can give me besides what these people have been saying? Or maybe even a set I can farm for which can yield a lot of profit? 

If your stuff doesn't sell, then you are probably asking too much for it. There is no point in holding cheap merchandise. Besides, everyone has the common prime sets. The bulk of the platinum won't come from that.

These days, the most valuable items are the ones that the Void Trader hasn't brought in months or rare Rivens. If you focus on those, plat will surely flow one day.

2 minutes ago, -N7-Leonhart said:

If your stuff doesn't sell, then you are probably asking too much for it. There is no point in holding cheap merchandise. Besides, everyone has the common prime sets. The bulk of the platinum won't come from that.

These days, the most valuable items are the ones that the Void Trader hasn't brought in months or rare Rivens. If you focus on those, plat will surely flow one day.

I think I may stockpile rivens for a week starting today if I get one and sell them on a saturday or sunday.

Well, i play the game and i watch carefully the trade chat to see if anyone is buying something i currently have, sometimes i find odd offers for what it appears to be a common mod, i then check warframe market to see if it's 1 player or many that think like that, usefull to clear inventories.

I also search currently online players that are buying something for more than 50 pl in the warframe.market, i then check the items and if what they offer is equal or more than my current price, if it's lower i obviosuly decide to pass it. I sometimes find really sweet offers from time to time.

Event mods and prime warframe sets, i collect them with no hurry at all (for starters i don't use prime warframes) and when they become vaulted, i decide to sell them at my own price, since vaulted warframes is a common occurance, i always have something to sell, as you might expect while i may have for example vauban prime, i will only sell the set when it becomes vaulted.

Over time this enables me to gain a steady influx of platinum, i would gain more if i actually bothered with riven mods and common mods that everyone buys for 5 plat, one is tedious and anoying for someone with 60 rivens (like me) and the other isn't worth the effort, 5 plat for a mod is simply a waste of my time, but might be usefull if you are just starting warframe.

So yeah, i mostly collect things at random and then i wait some time in order to sell them, new players appear in warframe everyday so at some point someone will buy the stuff. For every buyer however there are atleast 5 that will not buy, some even devolve into insults, warframe.market prices or won't take things seriously, but those you just endure and move on.

Every now and then there are returning players that will buy tons of inventories (this is very rare btw), they will essentially buy whatever you have for sale (the more the better) and they will hardly complain about the price, they simply want the content they missed and they will pay decently and fast in order to get said content, they are not in the mood to search for better prices, they want things and they want it now.