Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm sorry, but reworking Hydroid's existing powers isn't enou- oh wait... (edited slightly)

NebbyOtt

I honestly think that his current setup isn't that great.

Hydroid, the Pirate Warframe, is based completely on water and not on pirating.

I think he needs 5 completely new abilities. (passive included) That are PIRATE based.

Do i want to get rid of these fluid based abilities? Heck NO! You all ready have the powers, they just need some synergy reworking,

GIVE THEM TO A NEW FRAME. ONE THAT'S SUPPOSE TO BE A WATER FRAME. NOT ONE THAT'S SUPPOSE TO BE A PIRATE FRAME.

I would love it if DE released Hydroid as the pure. actual. Pirate frame. and not Poseidon,

And a brand new frame, a slender female water themed frame, with Hydroid's original powers, reworked for synergy and overall usability, and maybe some modern effects and whatnot.

Hydroid as he is may look like a pirate, but he's the Poseidon frame. God of water. Think about it. That's not right to me. I want Hydroid the PIRATE frame, and a slender female water frame to be the water frame, wouldn't that be perfect? Take a minute to imagine that. Picture what i'm talking about, really imagine all this, and then comment.

Just get rid of the Pilfering Swarm augment all together, he's a PIRATE! He shouldn't need an expensive piece of paper to tell him he wants more plunder, one of his abilities should just innately increase the loot drops in the same way if an enemy dies while under it's effects. Maybe,

What if his Ultimate ability was this:

Territory 150E

Places down a Pirate flag at Hydroid's feet (Can have the Player's Glyph on it) (Medium Duration or Toggled with Medium Power Drain). Every player within 10m/15m/25m/30m (75m w/ 250% Power Range) Gets the Crew Buff, which reduces incoming damage by 5%/10%/15%/25%, (75% w/ 299% Power Strength; Alternatively, 20%, 60% w/ 299% Strength if that is preferred.) All credits dropped by enemies killed by players under the effect of Crew will be increased by approx. 20%/30%/40%/50% (150% w/ 299% strength). Having more than one Hydroid on a team, All Hydroid's will be given both Hydroids the Mutiny Debuff, which will divide the effects of Crew by the number of Hydroids in the group. So if there are 2 Hydroids in a group of 4, both Hydroids will be given Mutiny, and the effects of Crew that Territory Provides will be divided by 2 (This will prevent four Hydroids from coming into a group and getting 6x more credits, and having a damage resistance of 300%; But if 4 hydroids enter the same team, with the same 299% power strength build, and all put down Territory, it'll even out to the normal 75% damage reduction, and 150% credit gain.)

Enemies inside Territory have a 100% chance to drop additional loot when killed with (Whatever damage dealing PIRATE THEMED Power Hydroid would get)

GET ON MY LAWN (Augment replacing Pilfering Swarm; Better name might be something like Territorial Ambush or something)

Players under the effect of Territory now get the Ambush Buff, (tl;dr, its the opposite of Crew) Which increases outgoing damage by 5%/10%/15%/25%, All enemies killed by players under the effect of Ambush will be increased by approx. 20%/30%/40%/50%. (Mutiny effects Ambush, wouldn't it be interesting if someone had a normal and an Ambush Hydroid with a strength build?)

Enemies inside Territorial Ambush have a 100% chance to drop double credits when killed with (Whatever damage dealing PIRATE THEMED Power Hydroid would get)

Not only is this a PIRATE themed ability, but its supportive, useful, what his ult should have been all along, and clever as ALL heck, i think.

And why is it not OP with it's 75% damage reduction. Well, Trinity, for starters, already a way more powerful version of that. But also the Hydroid would need to think about his other powers as well, but also Territory it's self, because that alone needs all 4 Power stats, range to reach an area, duration to stay down longer/have a lower power drain, ect.

At any rate, whatever Hydroid's rework is, Just let it be better, by orders of MAGNITUDE. then how he is now. I WANT to want to use him.

Do you like this? Give it a +1 on the right --> Maybe DE will make a real pirate frame.

Not only does everyone REALLY want a power like that anyway, But that's just what a pirate frame would and is suppose to be like.

Holy crap... They really stealth this ship in...

WELP

It does look like it'll still be water themed, i just hope he's better, but let it be known, and DO quote me on this, I have the highest faith in DE's abilities as they are now, they've come a LONG way since first developing warframe and have improved EXPONENTIALLY in every area. They're not perfect don't get me wrong, they still do stupid ship, sometimes, but they are getting there, as they grow, are able to hire better minds and artists, ect, and just get better themselves.

Edited by TennoHack

1 minute ago, TennoHack said:

Ya mind...

Ya mind elaborating a little bit there?

Doesn't seem interesting. Also what's this about a "slender female water Warframe" why do we need that

Edited by Xiusa

4 minutes ago, Xiusa said:

Doesn't seem interesting. Also what's this about a "slender water Warframe" why do we need that

Hydroid's rework doesn't seem interesting?

Or Hydroid, the Pirate warframe, being a pirate?

And the Water frame, would be the water frame, instead of the pirate frame being the water frame.

I just imagine it as a slender sleek female frame, you know, typical water fairy/goddess thing.

Didn't even read any of it. Honestly I wouldn't complain about his rework before we even know what he will be like. 

And honestly i wouldn't comment on a post that i didn't read.

Because i would have no idea what i'm talking about, and i would ultimately make myself look stupid.

Also, noone's complaining about anything.

Edited by TennoHack

Just now, TennoHack said:

And the Water frame, would be the water frame, instead of the pirate frame being the water frame.

I just imagine it as a slender sleek female frame, you know, typical water fairy/goddess thing.

Your proposal for an ability. Summoning a pet (by the looks of the teaser) seems cool. Why can't it be a male water Warframe?

2 minutes ago, TennoHack said:

And honestly i wouldn't comment on a post that i didn't read.

Because i would have no idea what i'm talking about, and i would ultimately make myself look stupid.

Also, noone's complaining about anything.

Again, I don't need to read it. You're complaining about something that isn't even in our hands yet. Just be patient.

Your proposal for an ability.

idk, i like it, like i said not only does it do what its suppose to do with or without an augment, but its just really clever imo. But not everybody can like everything and i accept that

Why can't it be a male water Warframe?

No reason at all. I'm just sharing my personal image. DON'T take this as me saying "OK LISTEN UP [DE] THIS IS WHAT YOU'RE GONNA DO."

I'm just sharing my thoughts, opinions, hopes, and dreams about a game on it's forum.

4 minutes ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

You're complaining

You do need to read it, because i am not complaining. And I wasn't asking you if i was complaining or not. I was telling you, as a fact.

or you can just not respond, that's also an option

Edited by TennoHack

Just now, Dwolfknight said:

I get that you want there to be a single theme but I rather like the hybridization of two similar themes. pirate + water, mummy + sand, flower + poison, mage + void and so on (priest + headshot)

That is a solid point!

And i always thought of it as, kinda, Holy Priest and Unholy Killer

3 minutes ago, PsiWarp said:

-

1 minute ago, NinthAria said:

-

Yeah, now that i think about it thats right, and it makes sense for DE of that era, Keep in mind noone has ever called him the Water frame ever. He's ALWAYS been the pirate frame pirate frame pirate frame so, yeah.

But still, i mean we have, 2 fire frames?

Maybe we can still have that slender female water frame, where Hydroid (seems to) focus more on using water for summoning and damage dealing,

And Lady water frame would focus more on using water, turning into water like hydroid's old 2nd, being more of a support.

And now it would be more pressured to be a lady frame because 1stly, we already have a male water frame, and secondly, Support, helping, thats more feminine where as damage dealing, attack, that's more masculine

15 minutes ago, NinthAria said:

Not to be pedantic, but Hydroid was always intended as a water-themed frame. DE added the pirate trappings because it's evocative of his core theme (water, the sea, etc.) and helps give him more distinct visual qualities.

what's pedantic? 

Anyways, this guy is right. You can easily say that his first ability is just really big rain drops and then nothing in his kit directly relates to being a pirate. 

with regards to his skills, in my opinion, the only thing that needs a major change is the puddle to reduce the current intercept camping and make it a bit useful in other situations. Everything just needs some minor tweaks. 

Edited by InDueTime-EN-
changed droplets to drops

11 minutes ago, danthedapper said:

I really do hope that his rework is good. I love his theme so much, hopefully it'll be Limbo level quality <3

Yeah they really turned him around 180o, Its just that, he's so sooo annoying in multiplayer. I just hate the rift when i can't control it. SO he is a Single player frame, but when i'm playing as him, he is really fun, and like i said. I MOORE then believe in DE's ability to do this right.

But i'm kinda worried... Because of the way they were like... "Aw this means people are gonna want a rework doesn't it?"

It almost sounds like it's gonna be half assed, which would piss literally everyone off.

But look at that water dragon. LOOKATIT.

5 minutes ago, InDueTime-EN- said:

what's pedantic?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Pedant

Everything just needs some minor tweaks. 

Well the thing with that is, Hydroid as he is, doesn't stack up to modern day frames and their level of synergy and thought. The tweeks are going to need to be pretty major imo, but its coming out tomorrow. so we'll see.

Edited by TennoHack

pedantic - of or like a pedant. Thanks google. 

2 minutes ago, TennoHack said:

But look at that water dragon. LOOKATIT.

I did not even notice that till you said it. I am very excited to find out what that is. 

I guess a little bit of synergy(not the forced/lack-luster synergy that some frames have) would help him too.

9 minutes ago, InDueTime-EN- said:

(not the forced/lack-luster synergy that some frames have)

Well, thats the thing.
With those frames, i assume your referring to Harrow, Maybe list off a couple others too, you said frameS

With those frames, That's just how they were always intended to be, more powerful than other frames, but also harder to use to their full potential then said frames.

There are frames like Ember, who's full potential is not very high but easy to reach,

and then there are frames like Harrow, who's full potential is very high, but hard to reach.

Its like League of Legends,

Some characters are easy, but not as powerful at their best

Some characters are HARD, but WAY more powerful at their best, and that best is HARD to accomplish.

Ya know what i'm saying? Octavia is probably the only exception, she's easy to use and powerful af... I don't wanna say she needs a nerf, but she does kinda shatter the rule into tiny pieces and then craps on the pieces and throws it off a cliff like the end of the music video for If We Were Gay by NSP

Edited by TennoHack

8 minutes ago, TennoHack said:

Well, thats the thing.
With those frames, i assume your referring to Harrow, Maybe list off a couple others too, you said frameS

With those frames, That's just how they were always intended to be, more powerful than other frames, but also harder to use to their full potential then said frames.

There are frames like Ember, who's full potential is not very high but easy to reach,

and then there are frames like Harrow, who's full potential is very high, but hard to reach.

Its like League of Legends,

Some characters are easy, but not as powerful at their best

Some characters are HARD, but WAY more powerful at their best, and that best is HARD to accomplish.

Ya know what i'm saying? Octavia is probably the only exception, she's easy to use and powerful af... I don't wanna say she needs a nerf, but she does kinda break the rule.

Wasn't actually thinking of any specific frames when I said forced, it's just one comment that I see from time to time. I definitely wasn't thinking of Harrow. When I say forced, I mean that you need this ability to use that ability. In Harrow's case, one of his abilities just improves one other ability and the other 2 are just enablers and aren't a direct synergy to his other skills. I'd say limbo is a forced synergy but, as you said, this one falls into the category in which this is how he was intended to work, to fight in the rift and be able to manipulate his enemies/allies in the rift. 

I was thinking of Mag when I said lack-luster synergy because the bonuses mag gets from those synergy doesn't seem to be a lot. I rarely see those shards shred units in a bubble. I like Mag but I just don't notice her synergies. 

As for Octavia, they definitely need to look at that infinitely scaling 25 energy cost ability that, because of her passive, doesn't really cost a thing. 

12 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Valkyr isn't cat powers. Rhino doesn't do rhino based things. Oberon does nothing druid/nature like.

Visual theme != power theme.

Not arguing for a piratey hydroid here (I may be the sole person who likes current hydroid).
But:
-Claws and unwarranted violence are cat powers
-Charging is a rhino power
-Putting down a field of shubbery is a druid/nature power (granted, it's radioactive, but we'll ignore that for now)

That said, their entire kit doesn't revolve around it.
To that end, calling in a barrage and summoning the kraken are pirate themed, but that doesn't mean hydroid's other powers need to be.

2 minutes ago, Rakiss said:

Not arguing for a piratey hydroid here (I may be the sole person who likes current hydroid).
But:
-Claws and unwarranted violence are cat powers
-Charging is a rhino power
-Putting down a field of shubbery is a druid/nature power (granted, it's radioactive, but we'll ignore that for now)

That said, their entire kit doesn't revolve around it.
To that end, calling in a barrage and summoning the kraken are pirate themed, but that doesn't mean hydroid's other powers need to be.

Last I checked, the common house cat cannot become invulnerable. The average rhino can't coat itself in bits of iron and stop time. Radioactivity is the near opposite of natural.

On second thought... Where is Hydroid even called a pirate? He looks sea monster-ish and has 4 powers that are water themed. Looking over the wiki hasn't shed much of any light on any "pirate" themes, beyond it being said that pirates and the Pirates of the Caribbean series being an inspiration for the dev team in making Hydroid. People need to better separate a frame's vidual identity from its power set.

2 hours ago, peterc3 said:

Last I checked, the common house cat cannot become invulnerable. The average rhino can't coat itself in bits of iron and stop time. Radioactivity is the near opposite of natural.

No need for sass. and if you were being serious... Please tell me that wasn't serious.

Being like something, and being themed after something are two DRASTICALLY different things. Warframes are THEMED after that stuff.

Look at a cat costume, like for Halloween. Cats don't walk around on two legs and are made of fabric. That costume isn't like a cat; it's themed after a cat.

Your making warframe. And you want to make a Tiger/Cat themed warframe. You wouldn't make a house cat

And his appearance is pirate. His default helm has an eyepatch, the other is shaped like a pirate hat.

I've never heard a single person refer to him as the water warframe. just the pirate warframe. the pirate space robot ninja.

Edited by TennoHack