Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

First Person In Warfame?

(PSN)RaddyBaddy

[Hi guys, I just wanted to make a thread about first person mode and how it can really change this game into a whole new concept.

And before you go any further, hopefully this thread is at the right section of a topic because I looked everywhere and it doesn't really fully just say plainly where to put this and that, so I have look to every single guide line to see if that's the right one and I'm not quite sure about general, so I guess this is the one.]

Not only will first person really make the whole game a new experience, but also a lot of first person players or you can say gamers would totally dive into this and join along to this community thing.

So basically, I've seen somebody really talked about this years ago, a first person and I have seen it as well and I'm sure it will make players feel like they're really into the whole environment itself, and it will be a perfect masterpiece as well with the whole open world update that's coming soon.

I know there's some problems when it comes to first person and the whole animation of jumping and running, and obviously there is many ways to encounter that, and by many years of experience with first person and third person, video games I've played.

It's safe to say that when it comes to rolling or jumping up in high places and doing some weird flips and stuff like that, the camera should automatically come out of the first person and on a third person, so its showing you what you're doing before going back into the first person either by canceling the animation by quickly stopping or when it's finished doing the animation.

And when it comes to weapons, of course, they need to be very detailed in first person with unique reloading for every single type of weapons and not to mention you could choose the option of going to third person, but the look of the weapon wouldn't be as detailed as the first person would, and the reloading would be completely different as well.

When it comes to doing some takedowns to enemies, either it be stealthy or by ability attack in first person it really depends, either there be a new animation, first person take downs how you can see the enemy's expression, they look at you in shock or the many finish moves, you do will be mostly in first person, and you can actually see the enemy's terror on their faces before you finish them off for it can be a mixture of sometimes doing a finishing move shows the third person view or first person view, really.

But when it comes to first person, everything has to be very much more detailed than third person is and that would be very big update to be honest, but going a third person really make things look normal, but in first person much more detailed, but that's just a option to use first person or third person.

Comment down below on this tread and be sure to share what you think about this, as well as how would you suppose that that developers would handle this type of thing?

As much as I'd love to see one (even if it will inevitably have crappy first-person models and animations, if that,) DE refuses to do a first-person camera.

I'd be pretty okay with the third person models hacked up to work from a first person perspective if we did ever get an FP view.  Not asking for miracles here.

And before anyone mentions "but bullet jumping and spinning!"  No game that doesn't want to make it's players puke has ever introduced clearly complex maneuvers and forced the camera to match the player model's orientation.  Think McCree's roll in Overwatch.  Nothing fancy.  Even Mirror's Edge kept it smooth and slow.

Edited by Littleman88

So the camera switches to 3rd person every time you bullet-jump and stuff? You're gonna watch yourself in 3rd person 90% of the time. And if it stays 1st person, you're gonna puke non-stop.

Edited by Ksaero

1. I wouldn't say love but concept of liking is okay, but that is sad news to hear that the developers do not want to do a first person option. But who knows?

2. That's nice that you do agree that you would like a first person an a third person option. It would really be nice to see such a thing.

3. I know for sure that not every gaming developers really do make a very smooth, compact third person and first person video game, even when it comes to a fast pace game.

But I know that this game isn't really in its full potential because of the fact there's 2 play styles that players really do enjoy liking the most and its usually third person for a fast paced fight and first person for a tactic take cover shoot them down type of way and it would be practically really fun, if warframe developers really did fit those 2 together but I am not a big fan of overwatch since that isn't something I pay attention to, Team fortress 2 is something fun to play though.

1 hour ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

It will never happen, as much as you want it in the game it won't happen. DE also has stated that first person is a no go. 

I know somebody previously just said that the developers don't want to do that, but like I said who knows because people change their minds In the end of a day, so you never know be honest, but I always know for sure nothing is impossible with Heavenly Father God amen.

Edited by (PS4)RaddyBaddy

1 hour ago, Ksaero said:

So the camera switches to 3rd person every time you bullet-jump and stuff? You're gonna watch yourself in 3rd person 90% of the time. And if it stays 1st person, you're gonna puke non-stop.

That's pretty disgusting, but at the same time that's pretty gross, and it reminds me of nickelodeon when they started broadcasting the whole throw up and stuff.

But everybody is unique and different, and I'm pretty sure there's players out there that would really appreciate first person mod and really taking it slow and not always rushing and doing flips and jumping constantly 247, because not everybody is like that to be honest, it really be nice to take it slow and really enjoy the whole environment, an atmosphere of what the gaming developers really made for everybody to see and stuff like that.

@(PS4)RaddyBaddy

Most Open World Game have 3rd Person View, so it doesn't change immersion. 

Spoiler

I have played BOTH First P Shooter and Third P S. It vary and once you are settled, you can played both with not problem.

The ONLY time I have seen First Person would be Zooming in, but BETTER, you don't have to see annoying Weapon Iron Sight (Toggle Sniper Scope in Menu even) (SAVE DE EFFORTS to more Important things, BELIEVE me, the little things can take up a lot of time o.o).

Now, where does First PS BELONG? Mainly PvP, where you Character doesn't have to JUMP really high, just walk around and crouch and even PRONE. 

Some Games that doesn't force you into First Person:

WatchDog, GTA, MGS, and the Witchers, don't forget most MMO Online Games don't have that too.

ANOTHER POINT: 3rd Person probably meant to tell Story and give the Environment Perspectives, while First Person try to portrait and focus on the Actions from say Player Characters who really in the end feel find for say Driving a Tank (but actually when you drive, you want 3rd Person to SEE where you GOING).

3 hours ago, DesFrSpace said:

@(PS4)RaddyBaddy

Most Open World Game have 3rd Person View, so it doesn't change immersion. 

Hide contents

I have played BOTH First P Shooter and Third P S. It vary and once you are settled, you can played both with not problem.

The ONLY time I have seen First Person would be Zooming in, but BETTER, you don't have to see annoying Weapon Iron Sight (Toggle Sniper Scope in Menu even) (SAVE DE EFFORTS to more Important things, BELIEVE me, the little things can take up a lot of time o.o).

Now, where does First PS BELONG? Mainly PvP, where you Character doesn't have to JUMP really high, just walk around and crouch and even PRONE. 

Some Games that doesn't force you into First Person:

WatchDog, GTA, MGS, and the Witchers, don't forget most MMO Online Games don't have that too.

ANOTHER POINT: 3rd Person probably meant to tell Story and give the Environment Perspectives, while First Person try to portrait and focus on the Actions from say Player Characters who really in the end feel find for say Driving a Tank (but actually when you drive, you want 3rd Person to SEE where you GOING).

I know what you mean when it comes to people in first person, they usually always do the whole camping thing, but overall I have to be honest. This game isn't really so focused on players vs players. The majority of players doesn't play that mode in the first place anyway, since its mostly players versus evironment now it would be very interesting, though which is another topic for a later on, about the whole 3 factions where players would be able to play as The Grineer Faction and Corpus Faction and have their own soldiers, or they can make their characters be a Grineer or Corpus or like just plain Tenho, something similar like planetside 2, with 3 factions fighting each other like crazy for control over the planet but for the galaxy.

Edited by (PS4)RaddyBaddy

5 hours ago, Ksaero said:

I assume it would be like Overwatch, where if you double jump or roll, the camera doesn't show that, but in 3rd person, it does.

3 hours ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

I assume it would be like Overwatch, where if you double jump or roll, the camera doesn't show that, but in 3rd person, it does.

Similar to the first person mode where you double tap twice and looks like you just boosting up like using a jetpack or something.

I would leave the game.  all the plat you want to have is to buy new gear, new frames right?  what would be the point of buying cosmetics if you can only see them in your arsenal and reduce visuals to only what you're holding?  Warframe is appealing to many players because of what you can see, manipulate what you can see.  yeah, i would leave the game right away.

On 08/12/2017 at 7:43 PM, (PS4)fullblast35 said:

I would leave the game.  all the plat you want to have is to buy new gear, new frames right?  what would be the point of buying cosmetics if you can only see them in your arsenal and reduce visuals to only what you're holding?  Warframe is appealing to many players because of what you can see, manipulate what you can see.  yeah, i would leave the game right away.

What?

On 8/11/2017 at 3:39 PM, Littleman88 said:

As much as I'd love to see one (even if it will inevitably have crappy first-person models and animations, if that,) DE refuses to do a first-person camera.

I'd be pretty okay with the third person models hacked up to work from a first person perspective if we did ever get an FP view.  Not asking for miracles here.

And before anyone mentions "but bullet jumping and spinning!"  No game that doesn't want to make it's players puke has ever introduced clearly complex maneuvers and forced the camera to match the player model's orientation.  Think McCree's roll in Overwatch.  Nothing fancy.  Even Mirror's Edge kept it smooth and slow.

Or just have it switch back to third person while rolling, jumping or bullet jumping. 

I think it would be cool to have a new camera option.

I wonder how many know that we can shift the camera angle from one shoulder to the other?

Spoiler

BklrZ5x.jpg

maybe we can have the camera hover in front of the warframe's face?

I don't understand why you would want a first person gameplay in Warframe.

1. Bullet jumping, double jumping, rolling, and etc. would be weird and/or dizzy.  And it would be annoying to see the camera quickly shift to 3rd person during those actions.

2. With a limited view of your surroundings, you could not time your moves as easily.  You'd have to turn around much more to see where the enemies were.

3. You said, "and you can actually see the enemy's terror on their faces before you finish them off."  That sounds a tad sadistic.  And even if the developers took the time to animate expressions into the enemies (highly doubtful since Grineer and Corpus wear masks, and the infestation don't care), you probably wouldn't see this anyway because the combat is very fast-paced.

9 minutes ago, Mikhael222 said:

1. Bullet jumping, double jumping, rolling, and etc. would be weird and/or dizzy.  And it would be annoying to see the camera quickly shift to 3rd person during those actions.

this is the main reason I'd like to have first person, the experience of moving fast.

the camera can stay steady as it currently does and only needs to hover in front of the warframe at eye level, I wonder if that's possible with Warframe.

On 08/15/2017 at 4:27 PM, Mikhael222 said:

2. With a limited view of your surroundings, you could not time your moves as easily.  You'd have to turn around much more to see where the enemies were.

3. You said, "and you can actually see the enemy's terror on their faces before you finish them off."  That sounds a tad sadistic.  And even if the developers took the time to animate expressions into the enemies (highly doubtful since Grineer and Corpus wear masks, and the infestation don't care), you probably wouldn't see this anyway because the combat is very fast-paced.

Do you play first person games?

On 08/12/2017 at 7:43 PM, (PS4)fullblast35 said:

It's a option lol