Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember's Deluxe Skin Feedback

octobotimus

1 hour ago, Rekkou said:

This petition will actually works against you, petition gives statistic. If the amount is few, what it really shows is how little people cared. So far you've got only like 50 and apparently you believe you'll only need 100 people? Mind that there are more than 100.000 players in warframe.

it didnt let me set a number of people it did that  itself. i assume it will go up after reached 

2 hours ago, magentagie said:

Did you ever stop to consider that they changed skins for reasons other than just not liking the old one?

If you ask me, they probably feel it'd be rude to break ties with the old artist then use his designs to profit.

as the artist has pointed out to you they have done it anyway with the mag skin. so why not continue with orginal ember design. 

5 hours ago, Rhekemi said:

Indeed.

I won't sign the petition, but I understand it as a symbolic gesture.

I don't understand it as a serious measure to force a company to re-hire an employee they've parted ways with. I say re-hire because I don't think DE can just slap the skin into the game without paying IngusDei, the artist, or working with him to bring it to completion. I admit that I'm somewhat confused as to why the skin is so different from the original design, while IngusDei's Mag deluxe is still quite faithful to his original design.

Either way, the petition disregards the employee's wishes or the company's wishes just so we can have a beautifully designed deluxe skin for Ember.

I'd ask the petitioners to realize that the petition is inherently selfish. I do not say that lightly or to offend.

I truly wish we had IngusDei's deluxe Ember skin. We don't. We'll live.

i agree i am selfish wanting this skin. but its so beautiful of a design, i have been hyped for it since they showed us the design ignus made. his warframe design style is amazing and i myself wish de would carry on using him just to finish more designs with ingus beautiful touch to them. they either need to make there own design for ember better than ignus or give us both. il update the petition. 

How to vote.

980x.jpg

If people don't like it, they wont buy it. They will only reflect on what the whole does on the market. Not a vocal bunch on forums.

And even then. If no one buys it, they have yet to make a second delux skin for a frame to even think of revisiting ember with something more true to the original idea or more likely less inclined to revisit ember again anyway if the last sold so poorly. Its not really a fight anyone wins.

I know bridges have been burned but my sincere christmas wish is for @IgnusDei and the DE Designteam to reconcile and starting to build a new bridge. Missing out on future designs is a great loss imo the new Ember skin can't even hope to compare to even the reworked IgnusDei design. A deluxe skin from him is just...special

Edit: I know it won't happen but one can dream.

Edited by Orabell

4 minutes ago, Orabell said:

I know bridges have been burned but my sincere christmas wish is for @IgnusDei and the DE Designteam to reconcile and starting to build a new bridge.

I am more than willing to start mending that bridge, but DE has got to meet me half-way.

Edited by IgnusDei

Just now, WindigoTP said:

I sure want that Fang/Joker skin.

I guess it's too late to change things now though, since DE already have another model about done...

Maybe blessing will come to us via Tennogen somehow...

If DE want to waste even more allocated resources and lock them self out of selling any Ember Deluxe skins, they will release that.
But, I think it is made perfectly clear from the feedback so far, that Ember mains will ignore the skin and even competitions are questioning if it is worth it.

This is not phoenix this is more like a harpy in design but they doesn't kept her clawed foots which would really fit to the design. Also an alternative helmet without the mohawk or expanded with side head feathers coud be much more nicely done. I am also like both designs so for me it could be both in game.

On 10/18/2017 at 2:23 AM, IgnusDei said:

So here are my two cents on the newer Ember Deluxe skin.

It's technically not bad.

I mean the individual parts are good - the clawed red gloves look cool, the crest has a repeating pattern that's kind of pleasing to the eye, the shoulders look high tech, and the colors contrast nicely with each other.

Problem is, the parts don't quite belong with one another. In fact, as some people already pointed out, each part looked like it was borrowed from another warframe design. Thus, when put together they don't form a cohesive whole that says 'Woman of fire', or add up to a sum greater than the parts. Like Nova Asuri before it, Ember Deluxe looks like the end result of a design-by-committee process.

even though i loved your design, and have been waiting for like.. close to year (or something?) to see it unveiled, i think this is a stupid evaluation.

i'm not playing a floating arm, or just a crest, or a pair of floating shoulders walking around through any given map.
the flow and design in its full composition is really what anyone should focus.

just because 5 virtuoso musicians are together, doesn't mean they can write a good song.

"The Whole is Greater than the Sum of its Parts"

Edited by Putrid_Idiot

Thing is, IgnusDei's design visually please a vast majority of players. His artstyle design offers us a more stylized figure of frames as an alternative look. DE's designs aim to be different than other mmos, making them bulkier or weird just for the sake of being different, while being different doesn't always mean being good. The new Ember deluxe design is not bad on itself, but not deluxe-quality either, it's just a fancier chicken than the regular Ember and doesn't have the vibe that tells you "that's a deluxe skin".

Honestly, complaining feels like a waste of time. The skin is hideous, and the original concept was much better.

But it’s not like us complaining is going to do anything. This skin is apparently more in line with their “vision”, however ugly it may be. Their mind is made up, this skin will come out, maybe with VERY minor changes.

It’s already modeled and probably textured by now, so our opinion of the skin is irrelevant. Even by not buying it, they honestly won’t change the design choices they make for the skins. It’s a sad day when the fans constantly pump out better material than the devs, but that’s how it’s been since tennogen skins started to exist.