Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember's Deluxe Skin Feedback

octobotimus

Just now, krc473 said:

Just something to make the deluxe skin unique. I don’t really see either of those designs as unique. 

The external one is not that different. The DE one is similar to Octavia (if I want to look like Octavia. I will play Octavia).

A pair of nice fire wings (even as a syandana) would make me buy the skin.

i expect they would nova it, tie it to the frame but only during ability cast and poorly like nova, novas arms should stay till her alt growth time ends but it only goes once at cast, its sad. like that embers wings would need to stay for the whole world on fire

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)Cash201293 said:

It’s probably the 2nd deluxe skin I don’t find that looks good. With Nova being the 1st. But then again. Maybe I need to see it recolored. But I would like the 1st skin over DE one. Who told them to change it anyway? Lol

they had a falling out with the designer about this deluxe skin. i wish the two of them would just kiss and make up, his skins are an important part of the game and i need my nice skin fix, we cant just have mag as our last ignus skin we need more 

22 minutes ago, Grimm said:

loki, mag, ash, rhino, trinity, frost, banshee, oberon. those are the ones i'm sure he did. i know he didn't do nova, excal xD, nyx xD. i'm not sure about saryn, chroma. chroma feels like ignus design style but im not sure if its his 

Remember  the nyx and excal skis are darksector skins which aren't bad. Nova , and saryn deffinatley  don't come close  to the others.  Idk what the hell they were thinking with that ember skin though. Serioulsy  just bring about the old one that everyone wants and admit this new one is a failure. At least bank on what the people want lol.

12 minutes ago, Grimm said:

i expect they would nova it, tie it to the frame but only during ability cast and poorly like nova, novas arms should stay till her alt growth time ends but it only goes once at cast, its sad. like that embers wings would need to stay for the whole world on fire

I could live with that on Ember. I use Ember’s WoF for CC. So I keep it on the whole mission.

If the fire wings would stay up active for WoF’s duration, I would not complain.

But really. I do not think DE will give ember this. They will just stick with the Octavia ripoff skin.

5 minutes ago, puppycorpse said:

Remember  the nyx and excal skis are darksector skins which aren't bad. Nova , and saryn deffinatley  don't come close  to the others.  Idk what the hell they were thinking with that ember skin though. Serioulsy  just bring about the old one that everyone wants and admit this new one is a failure. At least bank on what the people want lol.

agreed, the darksector skins looked bad for so long but the pbr there getting is saving them and the new weapon skin event for it too will help. but with how much of the skins are ingusdei's they should work with him  to complete some more because we see his designs as deluxes skins, even label them as ignusdei deluxe skin and call the others de-luxe skins 

4 minutes ago, Grimm said:

agreed, the darksector skins looked bad for so long but the pbr there getting is saving them and the new weapon skin event for it too will help. but with how much of the skins are ingusdei's they should work with him  to complete some more because we see his designs as deluxes skins, even label them as ignusdei deluxe skin and call the others de-luxe skins 

I couldn't agree with you more :)

1 hour ago, Achaix said:

Ignus Dei's designs were the best thing to ever happen to this cursed game. Take a look at the most popular deluxe skins, how many of them were designed by DE's own guys? One? Two?

His work is just better. Wonderful details, lovely colour combinations, an authentic expression of what that Warframe represents. Even if some flairs were similar, his designs stood out due to the personality they exuded - DE's other skins just look flashy because of weird colour choices.

if it was up to the community WF would look like a Korean MMO with all of the edgy cool fantasy designs people claim are so superior. The designs arent bad, but WF is meant to look odd and unsettling. I dont find Ignus Deis design to be all that unique honestly. They are good to mess around with for a change of pace, but i won't say they are better than the native art style, just different. 

Personally, i found the Ember skin to be the weakest one. I love the Ash and Frost though

dk1.jpg

Edited by Hypernaut1

1 hour ago, IgnusDei said:

I find it baffling that people keep saying this.

It's true though. WF uses unconventional design aesthetics. it's not the kind of thing that reads well when first looking at it. 

People tend to gravitate towards easily recognizable design tropes. Korean MMOs have this in spades. The artwork is absolutely gorgeous, but very familiar... It's an easy draw. I don't think WF strives to be all sleek and edgy. It's the easy way out. 

Edited by Hypernaut1

14 hours ago, IgnusDei said:

So here are my two cents on the newer Ember Deluxe skin.

It's technically not bad.

I mean the individual parts are good - the clawed red gloves look cool, the crest has a repeating pattern that's kind of pleasing to the eye, the shoulders look high tech, and the colors contrast nicely with each other.

Problem is, the parts don't quite belong with one another. In fact, as some people already pointed out, each part looked like it was borrowed from another warframe design. Thus, when put together they don't form a cohesive whole that says 'Woman of fire', or add up to a sum greater than the parts. Like Nova Asuri before it, Ember Deluxe looks like the end result of a design-by-committee process.

amazingly humble dude

critical but fair

those of us who arent you however can say this plainly : your design was 9999x better and the community as a whole is worse off now than from before, RIP 'Lady of Fire'

fwiw there are some fair criticisms of your designs as well, they are all very similar in style/aesthetic and they are all very clean/complete {ie they dont all necessarily go well with WF's click/add-on armor/backpacks} ; so while a lot of ppl dig your designs, i understand that they are not for everyone

and there are ppl who have spoken in favor of the new fire-chicken, but still, i think its pretty obvious that the vast majority of the community still prefers your design for Ember's deluxe skin, and i am confident that the plat sales for the skin will show this ... but of course DE just put a gag order on one of the community's best data-miners ... so there's that ... =/

3 hours ago, Teloch said:

Our wishes, thankfully, have no effect on DE's HR policy

Indeed.

I won't sign the petition, but I understand it as a symbolic gesture.

I don't understand it as a serious measure to force a company to re-hire an employee they've parted ways with. I say re-hire because I don't think DE can just slap the skin into the game without paying IngusDei, the artist, or working with him to bring it to completion. I admit that I'm somewhat confused as to why the skin is so different from the original design, while IngusDei's Mag deluxe is still quite faithful to his original design.

Either way, the petition disregards the employee's wishes or the company's wishes just so we can have a beautifully designed deluxe skin for Ember.

I'd ask the petitioners to realize that the petition is inherently selfish. I do not say that lightly or to offend.

I truly wish we had IngusDei's deluxe Ember skin. We don't. We'll live.

Edited by Rhekemi

14 hours ago, FLSH_BNG said:

and the 'mandatory' inclusion of a mohawk for Ember is just beating a dead horse at this point.

I HATE this about DEs design decisions. I hate how they constantly have a mandatory look to certain frames. This was ligit the argument @IgnusDei had with DE. He wanted a new, fresh look and DE wanted to stick their mandatory chicken head onto it. Its just sh1tty situation tbh

Did you ever stop to consider that they changed skins for reasons other than just not liking the old one?

If you ask me, they probably feel it'd be rude to break ties with the old artist then use his designs to profit.

Edited by magentagie

57 minutes ago, magentagie said:

Did you ever stop to consider that they changed skins for reasons other than just not liking the old one?

If you ask me, they probably feel it'd be rude to break ties with the old artist then use his designs to profit.

I doubt that's the reason: they had no problem using the Mag Deluxe, after all.

This petition will actually works against you, petition gives statistic. If the amount is few, what it really shows is how little people cared. So far you've got only like 50 and apparently you believe you'll only need 100 people? Mind that there are more than 100.000 players in warframe.

2 minutes ago, mac10smg-ToaOfGreen said:

Citation needed?

I haven't really seen anywhere that the Mag skin was designed by that specific artist.

You quoted and are speaking to the original artist--IngusDei.

Edited by Rhekemi

3 minutes ago, mac10smg-ToaOfGreen said:

Citation needed?

I haven't really seen anywhere that the Mag skin was designed by that specific artist.

Well, for one thing, I am the artist in question. I can also confirm that DE did not attempt to contact me and ask me my opinion on the matter.

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/5GZKJ

Edit: Tenno'd by Rhekemi.

Edited by IgnusDei