The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember's Deluxe Skin Feedback

octobotimus

I was thinking this simple matter

A game developer always works and focuses on the Community in one way or other (in-fact everyway possible) cause that's where their return comes from; so my question is when the vast majority (99.99%) of that same community is expressing their thoughts against one of their moves then why is it so hard for them to undo that move and rethink as that'd increase the love this community has to offer for them?

I'm an HR manager, so I know that if there is an already approved policy active then there is always another way to revise that and work with ver.2 to work for the betterment. Most of us who know the work of Ignus (regardless of what actually happened then as we all desperately love this game to the last bits) would love to see him again working for DE and give us some amazing deluxe skins unlike some disappointing failures like asuri and vermilion. This is what I believe will take DE to a completely different level of admiration from the community if they reconsider their legal relationship with this already successful designer and the same goes to the designer himself as well if he has to make his move first to make things right with DE.

Now, the latest ember skin. For me its simply the application of infestation theme on the normal ember model and cant think of anything else. I never thought or imagined of such a work from a game developer I have been with for years and spent so much on, where they have always insanely worked hard for better quality and development. Trust me DE, we play this game and some of us are regularly trying to support you guys so that we can keep playing this game which we love unconditionally, listen to us and make some changes which will benefit you bigtime in the process. As people said, please snap out of the Mohawk concept for ember and besides its a deluxe skin we are talking about where you guys have freedom to work around. No, I'm not going close the door saying Iggy's design was the one you guys should have followed rather I'd say professionally as @GinKenshin said

6 hours ago, GinKenshin said:

‘hey, you did an awesome job, we love your skin, but we’re gonna have to go back to the drawing board because the community doesn’t like your work’ 

You cant believe how upset I am to see you guys finally releasing this skin despite so many negative feedbacks from vets and old players which at some point giving the vibe that you guys completely discarded all the community input which you claim you always try to go with and work for.

I don't think its too late for a team like you to take it out and START OVER. Keep up the good work as always.

<3 <3 <3

Edited by Dark_Prince_Duke

As of Update 22.2.0, the Nekros and Ember deluxe skin bundles came out. They both look absolutely incredible, good job on the deluxe skins DE! 

But on to the issue at hand. Players are going crazy on Ember’s deluxe skin because they wanted the old original concept, which I can understand from their perspective because I liked the old concept as well. However, we got a total 100% different deluxe skin. Which in my opinion, I love it, the skin looks amazing!

To all the players out there that are mad at DE for doing what they’re doing for choosing the other deluxe skin instead of the original concept, please calm down, the hate needs to stop. It is seriously getting out of hand.

If you don’t like the skin, no need to get pitchforks and hate DE.

Edited by xXDeadsinxX

OP you do realize that people don't just hate it for the reason of hating it

most people like nekros deluxe cuz he looks amazing and the skin fits the theme of the frame
and most people dislike ember deluxe cuz there was a better concept in the past and this skin doesn't fit the theme of the frame at all

although keep in mind that ember is a frame that is played quite a lot and people really liked her

so i ask you
why should the "hate" for the ember skin stop?
are there more reasons than "OP likes it so everybody else has to like it too" ?

While the work on the ember skin is pretty good and looks like it has the colours set up pretty well for recolouring, it basically looks like a rooster which is kind of well not what people really want for the 'fire frame' in the game. 

3 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ultimategamerjr said:

The ember skin looks absolutely horrible. They had a good design, but threw it away for what we got.

At the end of the day, it’s down to personal taste if you like the skin or not. But bringing the pitchforks out is another thing.

DE did not want to redo the skin, they had to redo the skin.

Just now, xXDeadsinxX said:

At the end of the day, it’s down to personal taste if you like the skin or not. But bringing the pitchforks out is another thing.

DE did not want to redo the skin, they had to redo the skin.

your absolutely right, they had to put the mohawk in there, mohawks are definately required on fire based frames due to heavy metal groups.... and whatever else uses a mohawk...

2 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

While the work on the ember skin is pretty good and looks like it has the colours set up pretty well for recolouring, it basically looks like a rooster which is kind of well not what people really want for the 'fire frame' in the game. 

Well, she technically is a rooster...with fire.

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)ultimategamerjr said:

Why did they have to redo the skin?

Most players don’t know why they had to redo the whole skin. 

Correct me if I’m wrong, but one of the DE members had a confrontation with other DE members and they fired him I believe. So they had to redo the whole skin from the bottom up because the person didn’t work at DE anymore.

1 minute ago, (PS4)chibi_matatabi said:

mohawks are definately required on fire based frames due to heavy metal groups.... and whatever else uses a mohawk...

that would be Punk Bands not metal bands
lmao
and fire fits punk obviously
i mean its right there: Punks use Molotov cocktails -> Mohawk -> Fire -> Fire Chicken
makes sooo much sense to
maybe the real reason for the mohawk is they wanted to give here a molotov coctail and misspelled it . . .
still no reason for the feathers but gimme time ill find something

:crylaugh:

1 minute ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but one of the DE members had a confrontation with other DE members and they fired him I believe. So they had to redo the whole skin from the bottom up because the person didn’t work at DE anymore.

over the mohawk.... the incident happened because they wanted a mohawk

1 minute ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

Interesting, do you have any material on this? reddit, old posts, screenshots etc.?

8 minutes ago, Weidro said:

OP you do realize that people don't just hate it for the reason of hating it

most people like nekros deluxe cuz he looks amazing and the skin fits the theme of the frame
and most people dislike ember deluxe cuz there was a better concept in the past and this skin doesn't fit the theme of the frame at all

although keep in mind that ember is a frame that is played quite a lot and people really liked her

so i ask you
why should the "hate" for the ember skin stop?
are there more reasons than "OP likes it so everybody else has to like it too" ?

Yeah I know, I’m being a bit biased towards the skin, because I like the skin. However, the skin does fit her vanilla theme quite well actually.

The hate needs to stop because DE team worked really hard on the skin, and they can’t redo the skin.