The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember's Deluxe Skin Feedback

octobotimus

Just noticed my first post was edited underhandedly.

Would prefer if this is to happen for the person to have done so to private message me their reasoning.

Here is the newly edited version:

21 hours ago, Sean said:

While I find this skin to be pretty terrible due to it completely missing what Ember is, the way DE handled the critical posts only worsens my opinion of the skin.

As for why I feel the skin is terrible:

- Feels that someone just thought of "Chicken" when seeing Ember and ran with it

- The initial concept that was released (not the one DE altered) was substantially better

- The mohawk on Ember just looks bad and prefer both the Prime version and the initial concept's version as they both stepped away from being overt mohawks

Here's a post by the original concept artist that I feel hits the nail right on the head when it comes to the faults of this skin.

Reveal hidden contents

And here's the original version that I screencapped:

Spoiler

JGeriAF.png

I really wish I didn't have to screencap my posts now, but the manner that whomever is going about these edits is pretty bizarre and ultimately terrible.

33 minutes ago, God_is_a_Cat_Girl said:

Oh well indeed.

Look, if they added more flames to her feathers..ok I get it ..Phoenix!! Cool.

And if they did something about her feet. Look at Ignus's deluxe skin feet then look at DEs deluxe skin feet. Relative or not you or anyone else can't tell me that isn't rushed or even ok?! There is a huge difference there. 

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82

26 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Exactly.  Many like the previous deluxe skin draft where as I didn't because of the asymmetry.  Not that it was bad but I just didn't care for it.  The new one satisfies my need to have symmetry much more than the previous one.  Just an example of how relative opinions, likes, and dislikes are.  

Tha feet tho. Look at her feet. Then go look at Ignus's design for her feet...come on

Also more flames on the feathers..maybe flame animated fire feathers. Boom ...Phoenix..done. would look great. 

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

This thread began as feedback and has progressively turned into derailing comments due to the launch of Ember’s Vermillion Skin. As an Ember fanatic, I’m here to interject some words. 

If we could use the first proposed Ember Deluxe Skin, we would. It’s a beautiful design, but unfortunately creative differences made moving forward with it impossible. Could we publically dive into great detail as to what those creative differences were? Sure. But we’re not about naming and shaming here in the Warframe community. So of course our team had to start over with a new design that steered itself in a different artistic direction. The apology from the responsible party is here: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/734001-my-personal-apology-to-the-fans/

I’m truly disappointed to see some disrespectful words being tossed around about artistic feedback. 

At the end of the day, the DE team put love and effort into making the Vermillion Skin. It’s your choice to either purchase it or pass on it. With the current track of amazing Warframe TennoGen artists there will be plenty of different Skins to grace the majesty that is Ember.

This is not the end of all Skins for Ember - so please keep your feedback constructive. 

:community:

Problem though is how feedback is ignored from you guys lately, especially when it comes to designs.

When you see people being...let's just say "overly critical," it's is borne out of that frustration.

People SAID what they didn't like about the skin in great detail right after it's initial unveiling and now we're seeing the same pattern with Volt. Please reevaluate deluxe skins if there is an outpouring of negative feedback. Why not try and incorporate the community feedback into the deluxe skins? What about showing off several concepts and seeing what the fans like best?

There's numerous methods to handle this, but editing other people's posts in an extremely underhanded manner (not showing the "Edited by" tag) and outright removing others that still fall within the rules simply doesn't look good. There were definitely posts that I saw that should've (and were) removed, but those are not the ones I'm talking about here.

Edited by Sean

8 minutes ago, (Xbox One)RDeschain82 said:

Tha feet tho. Look at her feet. Then go look at Ignus's design for her feet...come on

They were asymmetrical.  As in the right one was completely different from the left one.  I just don't care for nonsymmetrical looks.  I actually prefer the new deluxe skins feet over the default and prime versions.  Only part of the Deluxe that I didn't care for is the helmet which I don't use.  

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

This thread began as feedback and has progressively turned into derailing comments due to the launch of Ember’s Vermillion Skin. As an Ember fanatic, I’m here to interject some words. 

If we could use the first proposed Ember Deluxe Skin, we would. It’s a beautiful design, but unfortunately creative differences made moving forward with it impossible. Could we publically dive into great detail as to what those creative differences were? Sure. But we’re not about naming and shaming here in the Warframe community. So of course our team had to start over with a new design that steered itself in a different artistic direction. The apology from the responsible party is here:

I’m truly disappointed to see some disrespectful words being tossed around about artistic feedback. 

At the end of the day, the DE team put love and effort into making the Vermillion Skin. It’s your choice to either purchase it or pass on it. With the current track of amazing Warframe TennoGen artists there will be plenty of different Skins to grace the majesty that is Ember.

This is not the end of all Skins for Ember - so please keep your feedback constructive. 

:community:

Here..look at this.

16 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

They were asymmetrical.  As in the right one was completely different from the left one.  I just don't care for nonsymmetrical looks.  I actually prefer the new deluxe skins feet over the default and prime versions.  Only part of the Deluxe that I didn't care for is the helmet which I don't use.  

Hmm, u don't think the new feet Look rushed? As in there is more detail everywhere else except her feet, especially when compared to Ignus's idea for her feet with a more refined look even though they were asymmetrical..

I was showing to my brother how "disapointing" the new deluxe skin was for ember , and while i went to the toilet he bought it to troll me . Is there a way to get my plats back?

I don't really care about this skin . I'm a fan of ember but i was expecting way more of  a deluxe skin . Quality and design are really .... disapointing to say the least.

It makes me really sad to think i'll never get a chance to be satisfied with an Ember deluxe skin . I invested so much time in this game , playing mostly ember  , and now i see this skin (i was waiting  for it for YEARS) . . I along the community said that this skin was not appealing ,  but DE didn't care .

We were so Many , why not keeping the old design ?? i would pay  5 000 plats (i mean , really) to get the ignusDei Ember  skin.

I am so attached to this game i grew up from a young adult to a  full grown one and for the first time i feel like some kind of void in my chest thinking about  this skin and at the same time i feel insulted. Yes i am emotionnally attached to the game but in a way we all do since we spend so much time into it .

I happenned to play mostly ember and was expecting to be satisfied . I was wrong

Edited by Xtenz
grammar& context

On 11/2/2017 at 4:02 PM, [DE]Megan said:

If we could use the first proposed Ember Deluxe Skin, we would. It’s a beautiful design, but unfortunately creative differences made moving forward with it impossible. Could we publically dive into great detail as to what those creative differences were? Sure. But we’re not about naming and shaming here in the Warframe community. So of course our team had to start over with a new design that steered itself in a different artistic direction. The apology from the responsible party is here: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/734001-my-personal-apology-to-the-fans/

I know you're just the messenger and all, but I feel the need to put this out there. I don't think anything could have stopped DE from using Ignus' design - not even Ignus himself. DE could have easily gone and used the design that the community really wanted to see and they opted not to.

While it's true that some people have chosen to used some pretty disrespectful language on this topic and that's absolutely not ok, respect goes both ways. Some people in the community feel a bit disrespected by the fact that their opinions and feedback on Ember Deluxe Skin, when it was showcased on the forums and in a devstream, were pretty much ignored. It's like what the community had to say on topic didn't matter one bit in the end and we all just wasted our time.

Respect is something that is earned and also lost through observable and witnessed actions. Given how DE has been treating us lately, I think it's safe to say your company is losing the respect of quite a few players. You had a good reputation a while back as a company that really listened and responded to almost every detail and concern. Now it feels like DE only listens when it suits the company or when there's absolutely no choice (i.e. forums erupting over a controversial change or a game-breaking issue).

On the topic of showing respect to artists, I trust and hope that Ignus was treated with the same level of respect by your company that you ask and expect us to extend to your company's own artists.

I'm sorry, but with all due respect, this feels like a complete cop-out statement. There are no other deluxe skins for Ember and Tennogen is only available to Steam users and that costs real money: Console players are stuck with default Ember / Ember Prime skins and the deluxe skin while Tennogen is available to all players, PC users have to pay cash for Tennogen items.

I'm probably going to catch some heat because I'm sure there will be a few people that won't agree with me, but in the interests of honesty and openness, I feel this all needs saying. I intend no disrespect and do not not mean to insult anyone here, especially you Megan. I care about the future of Warframe and those that earn a living working on it, but what I'm seeing as of late really worries me.

Thanks for reading and hope you (and everyone else reading this) can see where I'm coming from.

Edited by MirageKnight
Important edits due to misinformation - my apologies!

I agree OP, the hatred is so juvenile and ugly that it's really starting to show just how garbage this community is when they don't get what they want.  "But DE showed us the old concept and we loved it, that's the skin we wanted!" Yeah it was a great skin, I agree, I would have loved it too, but it was a concept... just an idea... and idea's can change.  That's what happened... the designers of this new skin don't deserve all the disrespectful, nasty comments about their work just because you guys are mad you didn't get the skin you all wanted.  You think acting like this is going to change anything?  No, it's not going to change a damn thing.  Like life, you don't always get what you want.  You move on, other opportunities will come.

Stop acting entitled....all of you. Buy it or don't. No one is forcing you to own anything. I do wish we could have seen the original concept for Ember's deluxe skin ingame, but the Vermillion skin is just as good. It just has a different style and feel. We're not going to love all the skins that are produced for each Warframe. Not even the Tennogen skins will be loved by everyone, but you have to move on with yourselves. Stop whining over something you can't change and instead focus your efforts on things you CAN change. The feedback may have been too late in development of the skin in question to make those changes. Skins take time to develop and if you want severe overhauls on the designs, that's a massive undertaking by the art team. You cannot expect them to be able to make those changes in such short notice.

2 minutes ago, (Xbox One)RDeschain82 said:

Hmm, u don't think the new feet Look rushed? As in there is more detail everywhere else except her feet, especially when compared to Ignus's idea for her feet with a more refined look even though they were asymmetrical..

I have the deluxe skin and I can tell you right off that the feet do have details.  They just don't have the usual Ember clawed toes.  As for how refined Ignus's version may or may not be still doesn't override my dislike for asymmetrical aesthetics.  I love Ivara to death, but her left arm quiver still bugs the hell out of me.  Which is why I use armor pieces to help me ignore it.   :D

2B9Unjr.jpg

6 minutes ago, Kromatia said:

Stop acting entitled....all of you. Buy it or don't. No one is forcing you to own anything. I do wish we could have seen the original concept for Ember's deluxe skin ingame, but the Vermillion skin is just as good. It just has a different style and feel. We're not going to love all the skins that are produced for each Warframe. Not even the Tennogen skins will be loved by everyone, but you have to move on with yourselves. Stop whining over something you can't change and instead focus your efforts on things you CAN change. The feedback may have been too late in development of the skin in question to make those changes. Skins take time to develop and if you want severe overhauls on the designs, that's a massive undertaking by the art team. You cannot expect them to be able to make those changes in such short notice.

There is really no need for this. We are all Ember fans. And all passionate about one of the oldest frames in the game. 

There are two main issues at play here:

1. This is Embers only skin other than her immortal that can be purchased with plat on PC. 

2. The plethora of feedback that DE out right ignored from thier community to make it better. 

8 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

I have the deluxe skin and I can tell you right off that the feet do have details.  They just don't have the usual Ember clawed toes.  As for how refined Ignus's version may or may not be still doesn't override my dislike for asymmetrical aesthetics.  I love Ivara to death, but her left arm quiver still bugs the hell out of me.  Which is why I use armor pieces to help me ignore it.   :D

2B9Unjr.jpg

Can I get the sumaris back ground instead of loka?

3 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

LOL.  Are you wanting to steal my pose to put in some other medium?  Hmmmmm.  I'll take it as an Honor that you asked.  :D

Just living vicarious :smile:as I'm on console and we haven't gotten jack squat sense Harrow and those corpus weapons. .. Plus the loka background is a bit distracting.

19 minutes ago, (Xbox One)RDeschain82 said:

Just living vicarious :smile:as I'm on console.. Plus the loka background is a bit distracting.

give me a few moments to get back in-game.  I'll edit this post with the shots when I'm done.  

edit: here got the shots.

OKr7flS.jpg

cxT5JO7.jpg

and a shot of the lovely assets.  :D

RcimCag.jpg

b1u86us.jpg

r7eO8XF.jpg

Since you seem to be a feet person.  hehe

OIjQdpb.jpg

bfluCGY.jpg

VKi41Vy.jpg

Edited by DatDarkOne
added screenshots

30 minutes ago, VxdVxn said:

I agree OP, the hatred is so juvenile and ugly that it's really starting to show just how garbage this community is when they don't get what they want.  "But DE showed us the old concept and we loved it, that's the skin we wanted!" Yeah it was a great skin, I agree, I would have loved it too, but it was a concept... just an idea... and idea's can change.  That's what happened... the designers of this new skin don't deserve all the disrespectful, nasty comments about their work just because you guys are mad you didn't get the skin you all wanted.  You think acting like this is going to change anything?  No, it's not going to change a damn thing.  Like life, you don't always get what you want.  You move on, other opportunities will come.

Totally agree!

50 minutes ago, VxdVxn said:

I think it's counterproductive if anything. This unreasonable vitriol will just cause them to ignore community opinion even more. It discredits the feedback. All in all, it comes down to money. If people are buying the skin, then they'll continue doing what they want to do... It's gotten them this far and they will see no reason to change. Truth is, a majority of WF players have no idea about this "controversy" and will just see this as a new weird skin for Ember. 

Calling it "ugly" as a criticism is ridiculous because part of Warframe aesthetic is "ugly". The original Ember is ugly, Excalibur and Volt are ugly. Ugly is WFs thing. Players not glued to forum will just see it for what it is, and may buy it at the same rate as other premium skins.

Ingus skins were nice, but if DE wanted to go that route they could easily find another artist to make sleek edgy skins that easily garner mass appeal. Maybe it's not just about looking cool to the DE art team.

Edited by Hypernaut1

15 minutes ago, Tricky5hift said:

People have the right to express their opinion on these matters.

Yes they do.  Just as others have the same right to express their opinions on the opinions.

Just saying.  Sorry.

I myself didn't like Ignus's design, but not once did I ever insult his creativity by calling it ugly.  

Edited by DatDarkOne

33 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Yes they do.  Just as others have the same right to express their opinions on the opinions.

Just saying.  Sorry.

I myself didn't like Ignus's design, but not once did I ever insult his creativity by calling it ugly.  

Yep! Absolutely agree.

Edited by xXDeadsinxX