Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Most efficient melee

Bngapdmprn

Okey so im in love with lenz, but as we all know sometimes firing lenz to close range enemies isnt that much of good idea. so i want to know what melee that will basically do the work that can i hit kill enemy without having to stack combo counter :D

Dual Cleavers, each swing auto-staggers the enemy you're hitting.  They also have a really good syndicate augment from Steel Meridian that AoE stuns mobs as well when the AoE burst fires off (if you have your melee weapon equipped instead of a firearm of course).  Prisma Dual Cleavers are even better, but they're expensive to trade for and are rarely made available through Baro Ki'Teer.  An amazing weapon.  It's too bad the stances aren't very good for dual swords.

Just don't slot any of the stances.  Your damage goes down but your attack speed goes up, and speed kills. 

Edited by (PS4)Magician_NG

Most efficient? Hands down any dagger with covert lethality...followed by Jat Kittag with Vulcan Blitz which is the next best-scaling melee weapon. Everything else falls off quicker at higher levels. 

Stuff like the Atterax or Galatine are great at lower levels, but both fall off quicker at higher levels than daggers or the Kitty. 

Edited by (PS4)Radehx

16 minutes ago, (PS4)Radehx said:

Stuff like the Atterax or Galatine are great at lower levels, but both fall off quicker at higher levels than daggers or the Kitty. 

You might want to play Berserker Galatine Volt with Cleaving Whirlwind and check later.

1 minute ago, Hecro said:

You might want to play Berserker Galatine Volt with Cleaving Whirlwind and check later.

That still falls off quicker at higher levels than a dagger with CL (which NEVER falls off, even at lvl1000 enemies)...or the Jat Kittag which scales with enemy health. 

Not saying your setup isn't strong, but it is only to a point. 

Edited by (PS4)Radehx

1 minute ago, (PS4)Radehx said:

That still falls off quicker at higher levels than a dagger with CL...or the Jat Kittag which scales with enemy health. 

Not saying your setup isn't strong, but it is only to a point. 

Idk, it works for me at every situation I've faced.

On the other side, Covert Lethality, I've heard it just kept giving flat +100 boost damage. Could you elaborate?

Edited by Hecro

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Radehx said:

Try at lvl1000 enemies...

I'm afraid I won't, ever, have so much time 

Kudos for getting at that part of the game and not driving yourself nuts

Edited by Hecro

4 hours ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

@Bngapdmprn Redeemer for me. I have zero issues with lvl 100s and it will knock down any enemies regardless of level. Really shines in crowds. With a condition overload build it's a monster. 

CO doesn't work on any of the ranged attacks, just in case you're using only ranged on it. If I'm wrong I'd really like to know cause it means they changed it recently.

Edited by Skaleek

I'm sorta split on this subject.

I usually run a Sheev (with appropriate riven) which has decent range, speed, high damage, mobility and CL.  However recently I got a Ether Reaper Riven with super high Crit damage/range making it a monster for AoE killing.

Most melee weapons I use I end up thinking the same thing though: they have lower damage than sheev but are sometimes better because of range.  Most of that is circumstantial though since I run equinox and one cast of sleep + Electricity proc = AoE chain death.

But this is all circumstantial since if you don't run a frame with forced finishers a dagger might turn you off but properly modded with a Riven daggers(sheev) can make up for their lower range with higher mobility, and their damage is definitely nothing to scoff at.