Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Crafting & Confusion

Marvene

Question

I have recently began building a lot of weapons, and came across a weapon known as twin basolk, which requires dual zoren, atomos and two control modules, ive had a prebuilt atomos with a potato and forma, and brought another atomos for the twin basolk, i upgraded the new atomos to rank 30 and than went to make the dual basolk, but when i came to building it i couldnt differe between the forma atomos and one without any upgrades. Help???

13 answers to this question

6 hours ago, Marvene said:

I have recently began building a lot of weapons, and came across a weapon known as twin basolk, which requires dual zoren, atomos and two control modules, ive had a prebuilt atomos with a potato and forma, and brought another atomos for the twin basolk, i upgraded the new atomos to rank 30 and than went to make the dual basolk, but when i came to building it i couldnt differe between the forma atomos and one without any upgrades. Help???

Being able to put notes on weapons, having the customized colors from your loadout appearing on the selection screen or even allowing us to preselect which weapon we want to use for future crafting would be nice.

Or even a little notice saying that the weapon doesn't have to be max rank.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)TONI__RIBEIRO said:

1 forma or built another atomos, either way is not too hard to solve this.

True, but it would be nice to have a solution that removes the need to waste resources.

A lot of Tenno in this thread seem to be coming down on OP, as if it's their fault this happened.  That's pretty unreasonable.

The game provides no indication of whether a weapon used as a blueprint component needs to be leveled or not.  Some games have crafting systems where you have to max out gear before it can be used in a recipe; some games don't.  Whichever one you assume, you've got a 50% chance of being wrong.  And odds are, you'll expect Warframe's system to play like the other games you've played before it.

In addition, can we at least be honest that if we're pointing fingers, those fingers should be pointed at DE?  I don't want to diminish the amazing game that DE has made (and continues to make better and better) but this is a failing on the part of the crafting UI.  It's a minor failing that won't affect most players, and thus I wouldn't expect to see a fix for it anytime soon when there are bigger fish to fry, but it is a failing nonetheless.

12 hours ago, (PS4)Unstar said:

A lot of Tenno in this thread seem to be coming down on OP, as if it's their fault this happened.  That's pretty unreasonable.

The game provides no indication of whether a weapon used as a blueprint component needs to be leveled or not.  Some games have crafting systems where you have to max out gear before it can be used in a recipe; some games don't.  Whichever one you assume, you've got a 50% chance of being wrong.  And odds are, you'll expect Warframe's system to play like the other games you've played before it.

In addition, can we at least be honest that if we're pointing fingers, those fingers should be pointed at DE?  I don't want to diminish the amazing game that DE has made (and continues to make better and better) but this is a failing on the part of the crafting UI.  It's a minor failing that won't affect most players, and thus I wouldn't expect to see a fix for it anytime soon when there are bigger fish to fry, but it is a failing nonetheless.

We're not blaming OP, it's a common mistake. I've even gone to support for putting in a Viper into a Twin Viper that I meant to keep. At a point I got tired of waiting and just leveled the Viper I meant to put into the cake. 

At a point, it's a sympathy laugh. Support could reasonably bring the weapon back, and take another one in compensation rather than erasing 24 hours of work.