The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The host needs the ability to kick ppl an set match modifiers

(PSN)remo_yesman

The hosts have the option to kick other players out of their match..

I would never kick someone because of their Mastery rank, but I would kick all Hydroid, Limbo, Ember, an Sometimes Equinox users out of my def missions. I dont hate these frames, but Im not a big fan of world on fire on weak mobbs, I always get Limbo users that dont know how to use him, players always spam Hydroids Ult and the match takes way longer, Alot of times I get equinox users focus farming when everyone else is xp farming, oh an I would kick non augment zephyr users..

Sometimes I want to Host 40 min T4 survival were if you wanna come you gtta have a melee weapon only equipt, an theres always 1 guy that joins that doesnt wanna equipt melee only, or he would spawn it with weapons equipt at the last sec, an just fk everything up.. If I could set requirements, that would be great.

Some ppl might say oh you just wanna control ppls playstyle, thats just your opion (but kinda)

Modifiers are fun.. Im from Unreal Tournament.. Imagine Warframe with conclave instagib rifles lol..

Eh, I do hope this isn't the case.Unless it's limited only to people you invite, not randoms who join your squad. But even then, just give the leader an option to kick, however, no gear restrictions whatsoever.

the Last thing I want is to search and join a random squad, then get insta kicked because my kit doesn't fit the leader's tastes. I can also see hydron being a blast to play if this becomes the case..

Edited by (XB1)calvina

18 minutes ago, (PS4)remo_yesman said:

I would never kick someone because of their Mastery rank, but I would kick all Hydroid, Limbo, Ember, an Sometimes Equinox users out of my def missions. I dont hate these frames, but Im not a big fan of world on fire on weak mobbs, I always get Limbo users that dont know how to use him, players always spam Hydroids Ult and the match takes way longer, Alot of times I get equinox users focus farming when everyone else is xp farming, oh an I would kick non augment zephyr users..

Sometimes I want to Host 40 min T4 survival were if you wanna come you gtta have a melee weapon only equipt, an theres always 1 guy that joins that doesnt wanna equipt melee only, or he would spawn it with weapons equipt at the last sec, an just fk everything up.. If I could set requirements, that would be great.

Some ppl might say oh you just wanna control ppls playstyle, thats just your opion (but kinda)

Modifiers are fun.. Im from Unreal Tournament.. Imagine Warframe with conclave instagib rifles lol..

Well don't play PUG and you have no issues. If I ever had a chance to play with you I would kick you just because of your attitude towards what others are playing in a random match. take 5 minutes converse and create a team willing to do the same as you.

There should be an ability for the host to conveniently kick people out during the squad-making process instead of being forced to recreate the squad from a scratch. An ability to kick players in-mission is unnecessary for the game format and will only end up being abused.

36 minutes ago, (PS4)remo_yesman said:

that's not an opinion.
that's fact.

you literally want to kick people for playing frames they like but you hate.

and really?
you want to impose your own gear requirements (melee only) on a 40 minute survival? are you insane.

there are people that want to do 40m T4 survivals.. and if I joined a squad only to find out the leader wants everyone to switch to melee only I'd ditch them.
I might even join the game and then leave to leave you with 1 player less..
you might think that's a bit of a d*** move, "thats just your opion"

the fact that there are plenty more people just like you that would kick players for such ridiculous reasons as you want to, makes me realize that a kick option would be incredibly detrimental to the game.

if you want melee only games or no Limbos and Embers or the like just play with friends or clan members, don't enforce your own gear limitations on PUGs and randoms

1 hour ago, (PS4)remo_yesman said:

Or, if you have such specific tastes and such a wide range of Warframes you don't want to team with, maybe you should make the effort to make a custom team.  Seriously, booting people because they don't have an augment?  Really?  In any case, you can already set the requirements on your team.  Make a private team, and only invite people who agree to your rules.  If you have your teaming set to Public, then you get what you get.  If it bothers you so much that other people want to have fun, feel free to abort when any of the fairly long listing of stuff you irrationally dislike shows up.  I'm not sure how you think there's a difference between an Equinox that's focus farming though, since they need to kill stuff efficiently to earn XP so it can be converted into Focus.  Maybe you just have no idea how that mechanic works, I don't know.

Oh, and in terms of Augments:  Hydroid has one where if his tentacles actually manage to slap something to death, it drops extra loot.  Considering his powers setup, even with the rework, if they have an augment for him at all it'll be that or Corroding Barrage.  If you don't like it, try to convince the devs to change his powers again.  Otherwise, feel free to abort and start over.  And if you want a melee only Void Survival, then yes, you absolutely need to be making your own invite only group.  (I have no idea why you, or anyone else would want to do that except as some strange kind of macho challenge, but if you find people who agree to it then meh, have fun.)

2 hours ago, DogManDan said:

Well don't play PUG and you have no issues. If I ever had a chance to play with you I would kick you just because of your attitude towards what others are playing in a random match. take 5 minutes converse and create a team willing to do the same as you.

I usually dont but the xp pool is pathetic as a solo player

1 hour ago, BaIthazar said:

that's not an opinion.
that's fact.

you literally want to kick people for playing frames they like but you hate.

and really?
you want to impose your own gear requirements (melee only) on a 40 minute survival? are you insane.

there are people that want to do 40m T4 survivals.. and if I joined a squad only to find out the leader wants everyone to switch to melee only I'd ditch them.
I might even join the game and then leave to leave you with 1 player less..
you might think that's a bit of a d*** move, "thats just your opion"

the fact that there are plenty more people just like you that would kick players for such ridiculous reasons as you want to, makes me realize that a kick option would be incredibly detrimental to the game.

if you want melee only games or no Limbos and Embers or the like just play with friends or clan members, don't enforce your own gear limitations on PUGs and randoms

Why would you join a match if you dont wanna meet req, try that in a sortie an it wont ley uou play.. I have no personal beef with those frames, Ember an Saryn are my fav solo frames.. But I dnt spam world on fire, especially in pubs, unless its on a higher lvl mission, plus who brings Ember to Akkad, Or Hydroid, or Limbo...? I gt shtt to do, Limbo an Hydroid are horrible for Akkad..

If the Devs increse the xp pool for solo play I would be happy too, but solo play is a waster of all your boosters... If someone wabts to impose a melee only req in sur, an you dont wanna do that, (Dont Fkn Join), no one is forcing to join my lobby, but if you do an you dnt wanna meet req, then your just trolling.. Would jump into a Destiny raid fireteam if you were 280 light, no, an if you did, host would kick you behind fast... What kinda of scumbag equipts weapons at the last sec, so while 3/4 gt melee only, you gt a gun, gtfo scumbag...

16 minutes ago, (PS4)remo_yesman said:

Why would you join a match if you dont wanna meet req, try that in a sortie an it wont ley uou play.. I have no personal beef with those frames, Ember an Saryn are my fav solo frames.. But I dnt spam world on fire, especially in pubs, unless its on a higher lvl mission, plus who brings Ember to Akkad, Or Hydroid, or Limbo...? I gt shtt to do, Limbo an Hydroid are horrible for Akkad..

why do you even want to run a melee only survival outside of Sortie?
what is the point other than stroking your own ego?
what is the point of imposing said limitation onto squadmates that couldn't care less and just want the rewards?

if you want to bring melee only to a survival go for it.. but let your squadmates bring whatever they want.
no matter your reasons, just let people play what they want.

and if you don't spam WoF, good for you, but someone else who likes to play Ember doesn't care how you play her.

and finally, if you think Ember, Hydroid, and Limbo are bad in Akkad, then you've been playing with the wrong people.
with her Augment Ember becomes a good CCr
Hydroid is CC
and a good Limbo will destroy everything that gets close.

37 minutes ago, BaIthazar said:

why do you even want to run a melee only survival outside of Sortie?
what is the point other than stroking your own ego?
what is the point of imposing said limitation onto squadmates that couldn't care less and just want the rewards?

if you want to bring melee only to a survival go for it.. but let your squadmates bring whatever they want.
no matter your reasons, just let people play what they want.

and if you don't spam WoF, good for you, but someone else who likes to play Ember doesn't care how you play her.

and finally, if you think Ember, Hydroid, and Limbo are bad in Akkad, then you've been playing with the wrong people.
with her Augment Ember becomes a good CCr
Hydroid is CC
and a good Limbo will destroy everything that gets close.

Because melee only is FUN, thats super obvious, plus with they edition of mods like Healing return, Life strike, Condition Overload, Bloodrush & Bodycount melee only is more than viable an fairly easy... Would you join Tactical Patotoes discord while theyre doing melee only for a livestream, then refuse to meet req, no, you wouldnt join BECAUSE NO ONE IS FORCING YOU TO JOIN, melee cuts both ways bro...

And yes, I have been getting the wrong players that do stupid shtt with their abilities, ppl leaving at wave 5 further proof of that.. I get some ppl dont care how long the match takes, but Im not one of them, an most players arent, thats why they bring speed nova.. Wof at akkad crowd controls way too well at akkad, on console you actually barley see itbut when you do get that guy that uses Ember on the card in the enemies can't even get to the objective the match just takes way longer, and the enemies on a Cod or so weak so inescapably weak, you really dnt need any crowd control, if you wanna use her fine, but when everyone agrees to get through x amount of waves quick , atleast make sure your wof is killing, not just making you go find enemies.. If yout Limbo, fine, but dont force ppl to use certain weapon types on a xp farm, other than that Limbo is great on Rescue, Spy, an some sorties.. If your Hydroid spaming your fouth or puddling ppl, just dont on Akkad..

On 8/24/2017 at 5:25 AM, (PS4)remo_yesman said:

Um, no. Use recruiting. No kick option.

First, that is not YOUR squad. Even though you are the host, unless you used recruiting anyway - and then you had the option to not go on the mission if people are wearing those frames. If people are joining a random public mission - then the host is determined by DE, it is not awarding you control over the sqaud or that instance of play. Joining a pub is joining a pub, you should not be kicked out ever, by anyone.

We don't want Warframe becomes a cesspool of pure toxicity like Destiny adding a kick option in mid game.

You can play solo, only with friends or recruit according to your standards. Once the squad is formed then you have the option to disband and recall leaving out the problematic cases. 

Edited by (PS4)felsager

Sometimes I want to Host 40 min T4 survival were if you wanna come you gtta have a melee weapon only equipt, an theres always 1 guy that joins that doesnt wanna equipt melee only

Sounds like a smart guy.

If you want to set arbitrary limitations on a mission, do it with invite only.  Don't gripe about people that don't want to be constricted because that's how you want to play.

On 8/24/2017 at 4:53 AM, (PS4)remo_yesman said:

I usually dont but the xp pool is pathetic as a solo player

I am confused by this statement.

I am no expert on how XP works (4330hrs), but most of my leveling has been solo runs.

Used to be Deception Stealth-kill farming until the kill cooldown was implemented.

Currently Spy Missions or solo-endless Fissures still provide plenty of affinity for me to not need to level anything else.

Solo may not be the most efficient way to level, but it is the easiest way to have a reliably controlled squad.

The trade off for wanting Affinity sharing or relic-sharing with Randoms is the compromise of 'random playstyles'

As for 40minute T4 or MoT melee only Survivals, those can still be done Solo without Invisibility. So you still don't need other players to achieve the desired run.

Then again, I am casual player and may not be as invested into game immersion.

On 8/24/2017 at 7:15 AM, (PS4)remo_yesman said:

Your right, but if your xp farming an you cant find enough or any clan members that wanna participate then what? Just wast that xp/credit booster on yourself, no.. 

Yes 

That is exactly what I do.

XP Booster means it is only like 3 or 4 Spy runs to Max something out.

Credit Booster (on my alt- Shadow-X1) I go solo to Hieracon 1 and Excvataor and out. Rinse and repeat* (50k for minimal effort, Daily 1st mission reward boosts it to 100k. Takes like 3-minutes)

On MrNishi...I don't go out of my way for a credit or resource booster unless it is also double-???? weekend, where it ends up being 4x.

Kuva and Argon are just as easy to farm booster wise, going solo. Argon really only gets farmed when something new needs to be crafted...so not really convenient around Booster time limit due to decay.

I have over 12mill in spare Atlas parts...I'm not jumping through hoops when awarded a Daily credit booster from log-in, Cache, or Sortie. 

Well then think of it the other way. How you you like to get kicked out of all the games you want when puggin' because some random guy doesn't like something you have. Even down to some cosmetic.  How would you like this to happen just before you finish up a mission? Cutting you off from the rewards that you helped get? This is the stuff your suggesting. It's not really an "opinion" when you state as a fact you will absolutely kick people trying to play the game other then the way YOU want it played.

IF you don't want pubs "ruining" your missions you have solo and friends only to play with. That way you custom build your squad the way all in party agree.

Yes 

That is exactly what I do.

XP Booster means it is only like 3 or 4 Spy runs to Max something out.

Credit Booster (on my alt- Shadow-X1) I go solo to Hieracon 1 and Excvataor and out. Rinse and repeat* (50k for minimal effort, Daily 1st mission reward boosts it to 100k. Takes like 3-minutes)

On MrNishi...I don't go out of my way for a credit or resource booster unless it is also double-???? weekend, where it ends up being 4x.

Kuva and Argon are just as easy to farm booster wise, going solo. Argon really only gets farmed when something new needs to be crafted...so not really convenient around Booster time limit due to decay.

I have over 12mill in spare Atlas parts...I'm not jumping through hoops when awarded a Daily credit booster from log-in, Cache, or Sortie. 

Gabi makes more credits, I don't know why people say Hieracon is the place to make it. With the credit whip, and a credit booster 5 minutes can make me 90K if I'm using a nekros and get lucky with credit drops.  thats 180K in 10 minutes compared to only 150K in 9 minutes if we use your example... Plus survival is much simpler since you don't have to worry about defending anything.

Edited by Andaius

Uh, no.  

I support a lobby vote kick simply because in wind up getting teamed with people that just...wont leave. And by that I mean, when one or two of my friends/clan mates and I accidently go PUG, we always get one person that just won't leave.  Even if we ask them to or I tell them "I'm sorry, I forgot to change the matchmaking settings, my fault, but we're trying to run with just us. " and they still don't leave. (Typically I wind up disbanding and reuniting.  No big but it is annoying.)

But having one just so you can kick the 'Frames you don't like?  No.  Use Recruiting, Friends list, clan, alliance and just don't invite people using those 'Frames.